Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets

JonCon's Red Beard

Have some random thoughts coming into your mind while reading?

Thought of a crazy theory but you can't prove it?

Some lines gave you a hunch that you're certain might happen but you have no evidence?

You think X is an idiot and need to tell the world?

Fear no more. We all been there. No discussions. No evidence. Just... random thoughts.

(not mix up with small questions or I never noticed that)

~~~~~~~

I'll start.

I have zero problems with Maegor's cruelty. Troubled times, hard solutions. I have more problems with his idiocy. Didn't he realise he was NEVER going to find anyone willing to build anything for him again after he killed all of the builders of the Red Keep?

I think Aegon is not a Blackfyre, but V and I are making the GC believe he is. Double Triple Quadruple gambit.

- I think Petyr Baelish is awesome and I hate that everyone here on this forum hates him and wants him to die a painful death

- I want Brienne to marry either Jaime or Sandor, I can't wait for the big, strong and blonde children or for the big, strong ones with half of their face burned

- I secretly want Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon to die

- I want Cersei to kick Margaery's ass

can I still sit with you?

I only recently realised Tyrion is not perfectly blond since he has random black streaks in his hair. That caused me a proper giggle fit because I pictured Tyrion having something of an emo phase in his teens and dying his hair with black stripes to shock his papa.

- I secretly want Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon to die

can I still sit with you?

I don't know why but this made me LOL.

My random thought that always occurs is "What is the point of you, LF?" I just feel like he's this gaping black hole of power hunger and that I was already over him before he even got started on his super villain master of schemes' path. I was kind of disappointed that everything was a domino effect of his bruised ego issue. But oh well, such is life (and fiction). I'm just waiting for the fall now. Also, I never found him subtle (dude basically said "I have the solution to the Eyrie problem right here, IN MY PANTS")

I like GRRM's writing more when he's more romantic and elegant, like the last line of aGoT, saying how "the night came alive with the music of dragons". A similar one is said by the Fiddler, to Dunk ("Be my dog, ser. The night's alive with promise. We can howl together, and wake the very gods"). It's fun without being vulgar. Sometimes subtly does the work better.

Random theory of mine, more or less unbacked up by anything (so far as I know). I think that the dragon's eggs that were presumably given to the kids of Viserys I hatched- well, some of them. My hunch is that Aegon's dragon either never hatched or died very young, while Aemon and Naerys' dragons lived for s good few years: enough to lead to extreme resentment on the part of Aegon, and ultimately the root of why he was such an unpleasant individual, especially towards his siblings.

Also doubt the Aegon Blackfyre connection. Either he's legitimate or he's a complete imposter. IMO, the Blackfyre stuff just hasn't been built up nearly enough for it to work as a reveal for any but the most obsessive fans.

I like GRRM's writing more when he's more romantic and elegant, like the last line of aGoT, saying how "the night came alive with the music of dragons". A similar one is said by the Fiddler, to Dunk ("Be my dog, ser. The night's alive with promise. We can howl together, and wake the very gods"). It's fun without being vulgar. Sometimes subtly does the work better.

Yes! That line about the music of dragons gave me chillbumps upon my first read, and the way the Fiddler spoke had me liking him the whole time, even knowing that he was going to be the "villain" of sorts, (or as close as we get to one with GRRM).

Dunk is the Forrest Gump of Westeros. It is known.

This made my night. Thank you.

In the show, Joffrey was the best part of the King's Landing story line.

I got bothered the other day when I re-read the chapter with the Red Wedding, because Robb just brushes off Roose losing almost the entire North army (the sole exception being his own men), and tells him he did a good job.

that Alyssa velaryon, manged to flee a fully guarded garrison {who know what maegor will do to them if they fail so epically} with dark sister

(wtf did she go to Visenya personal chambers and just take the thing?) in tow with two dragons, and mange to get a ship to take her to storms end.

i'm sorry GRRM but that's just absolute :bs:

that Alyssa velaryon, manged to flee a fully guarded garrison {who know what maegor will do to them if they fail so epically} with dark sister

(wtf did she go to Visenya personal chambers and just take the thing?) in tow with two dragons, and mange to get a ship to take her to storms end.

i'm sorry GRRM but that's just absolute :bs:

Don't doubt Alyssa Velaryon. But yeah, sounds sorta random.

Also, I never found him subtle (dude basically said "I have the solution to the Eyrie problem right here, IN MY PANTS")

This line still gives me nightmares. When I was reading it for the first time, I was like "he can't mean that, can he? It's not what I think, right? ... Sh..! it is."

Archived