Play by Post RPG - Dragon's Dance - Recruiting

Harlath

New play by post forum game - Dragon's Dance

Please find below a link to the play by post forum game I'm looking to start in around a month (Mid April). This will use Green Ronin's d6 rules, not the d20 rules. My forum has a link to the free quick-start rules pdf, for those who need it.

Play be post newcomers and veterans alike both welcome. Characters will represent a variety of houses supporting both the Greens and the Blacks as we explore Westeros's history.

If you're keen to take part but need a hand in character creation there are pregenerated characters or experienced players can help you.

Questions welcome!

http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/index.php

Welcome to Dragon's Dance, a play by post forum for the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game by Green Ronin. It is set over 170 years before the events of the novels/television series.

The year is 124 After Landing (AL), with tensions running high - King Viserys Targaryen is old and infirm, and followers of the two most powerful women in the Kingdoms have already begun to maneuver themselves for the succession. Queen Alicent, a daughter of House Hightower, has given King Viserys a son and leads the Andal traditionalist faction known as the "Greens". They insist a son of any age should come before a woman.

Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen leads the opposing "Blacks", named for the striking black gown she worn in 111 AL's tourney, in opposition to the green dress down by Queen Alicent. Rhaenyra is the King's oldest surviving child, born from his first marriage to a Arryn noble.

Players have the option of representing one of seven noble houses, with a small number of places open to (currently!) unaligned wanderers, vagabonds and hedge knights.

With tensions high, the opportunities for advancement and disaster are high - will our players serve the traditionalist Greens, take the side of the Blacks and the eldest daughter, strive for peace or for personal gain? Or perhaps, in the game of thrones they are not players at all but simply pieces...

Step by step character creation guide:

http://dragonsdance.forumatic.com/vi....php?f=77&t=25

A quick guide to the available houses

Bartheld
Will you support the disciplinarian Davain Bartheld or his uncle Fendrel Bartheld, who wants to return the house to its roots of festivals and feasts?
- Both Davain and Fendrel (or ideally both!) would make great choices for players, creating an internal power struggle.

Coldbrook
Stark bannermen with holdings unusually far South. Torn between two potential heirs, one a fine warrior and the other a scholar and administrator.
- Either Coldrbook heir, Daveth (the scholar) or Garret (the warrior) would make fine choices.

Dulver
Politicians and traders of high skill, but with a fine young knight as heir.
- The heir, Ser Walton Dulver is an apt candidate for a more knightly type, first and foremost because of the conflicted relationship with his father, which provides something more than just fighting ability.

Kytley
Fallen on hard times, a pious house on the verge of ruin or a glorious resurgence.
- Braya Kytley, a schemer of note, you want to stick it to the Frey's, she your woman.

Marsten
Join House Marsten if... You're interested in helping one of Westero's traditional noble houses regain its stature, making political alliances and fighting raiders.
- Corrine Marsten is the heir and likely to courted by many charcters, for those seeking an influential young female character striving to maintain her house's independence.
- Gareth Stone, House Marsten's steward, is a competent official but distrusted by his own house - would yo ulike to explore why?

Tullison
Recently raised from bastard Tully stock, this is an ideal house for ambitious young knights, rangers and commoners.
- Yve Tullison is the younger sister to House Tullisons teenage lord and - like Corrine - is pursued by many nobles across the region while trying to arrange a good match for her reluctant brother.

Current characters

House Bartheld

• Nathaniel Mason
  • Ser Jon Oldring

House Coldbrook

• Ser Jorah Holt
  • Garret Snow

House Dulver

• None

House Kytley

• None

House Longshore

• None

House Marsten

• Ser Colin Corbray

House Tullison

• Lord Dunstan Tullison
  • Ser Theomore Tullison
  • Ser Benedict "Ben" Blackthorne

Unaligned/TBD

• Ser Gaerys Waters [TBD]

Thanks - that game looks good fun, but I'm afraid I'll have to restrict myself to just reading it if I'm to leave enough time for my play by post!

Thanks for posting, and hope you and other board members can find time to join my game.

Is there a map? Trying to figure out where House Longshore is

No map yet, may try to put one together this week.

House Longshore is a little South of Seagard, on the Coast. I must admit they're at slight risk of being dropped (due to lack of popularity sadly!), but if I can get three players for them they'll be kept. :)

Very welcome to apply for them, or if they're sadly culled to be an Ironborn guest/ward (read prisoner!) of another house.

• 4 weeks later...
We've started and we're on schedule! It's day 2 now:

- gifts to the queen and princess to show where your allegiance lies

- the royal hunt

- the opening pageant - heralds praise their House's champion while knights ride at rings to win glory!

People are welcome to join during the game - understand if people waited due to fears over whether it would get off the ground. The tourney format lends itself to new characters arriving.

House Bartheld

• Nathaniel Mason

• Ser Jon Oldring

• Ser Tristain Croson

House Coldbrook

• Ser Jorah Holt

• Garret Snow

• Daveth Coldbrook

• Loreia Merrgal

House Dulver

None

House Kytley