[Kickstarter] Game of Thrones/ASOIAF Art Book

Hi, guys! I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster on these forums.

I’m one of the contributing illustrators and assistant project manager for Draw ‘Em With the Pointy End: A Game of Thrones Art Book, a limited-edition tribute art book with 100+ artists from around the world. The roster includes both professional and emerging illustrators with a wide array of styles and credits who have done work for Marvel, BOOM! Studios, Nickelodeon (Avatar: The Legend of Korra), DreamWorks Animation, Titmouse Inc, DisneyTV, Paramount Pictures, Legendary Pictures (Godzilla, Pacific Rim), SyFy (Defiance), Wizards of the Coast, Fantasy Flight Games, Gaia Online, Electronic Arts, Spark Unlimited (Lost Planet 3), Ready at Dawn (The Order: 1886), and more. The book has been art directed every step of the process to get where it is now!

We have 23 days left in our Kickstarter and we're currently just over $8000 for our goal of $18,500. Even a $5 pledge will get you a HQ digital PDF book! A lot of hard work, talent, and love went into making this art book, so even if you can't afford to pledge, even a share would be a great sign of your support!

We've been sharing a ton of the artwork as part of the online campaign on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and Reddit if you'd like to see more of the full pieces.

I'm not too sure how to embed images into these posts, but you can check out the art preview on our Kickstarter!

hgOZtuZ.png

It was self-organized project made by fans for fans, and we've thought about reaching out to him through his blog. Admittedly, I've been a little shy about how receptive he would be to the project considering his opinions on fanworks... But I'll definitely see how it goes!

Agreed! We had a very intense curation and art direction process for all of the pieces, so this art book is the culmination of almost a year of hard work. One of our goals was just to spread the love for this series as far as possible, which is why we're sharing all of the art online for it and offering a cheaper PDF copy! We do love great quality, though, so we've been reopening talks with printing places to try and get each book (originally softcover) as a hardcover if we meet the original Kickstarter goal.

It would be really cool to have GRRM onboard for some intense fan collaboration, but he's a busy man!

Thank you so much for the pledge! : - D

For multiple books, just add $25 to your pledge (inside the US) or $30 (outside the US) up to a total of 10.

We'll be holding an artist signing (about 10-20% of the artists live in the LA area) in the summer with Gallery Nucleus, but if you can't make it to the event, we can try to have some of the artists at the packaging session sign their works. When we send out a Kickstarter survey later, please do mention you'd like the artists' signatures, and we'll do our best!

Thank you so much! It means a lot! We're almost half-way there, so it looks promising! If you have any friends who'd be interested, sharing the Kickstarter and our social media with them would mean a lot to us. Even if they can't pledge, they'll get a share of the wonderful art we're releasing online.

Definitely do put in a comment about artist signatures when (not if, haha!) the KS is fully backed and we send out the survey.

Once again, many thanks!

Archived