Sympathy for the Blackfyres

There may have eventually been a Blackfyre king at some point if he hadn't rebelled.

Quick, someone call Harry Turtledove to write Alternative Westeros History novels. I know this unrelated, but is your username an Integrity reference?

Mine? Nope aha.

Also probablu during the great council of 233 A.C. .....

I've been rereading D&E, and I think someone has been getting left off the hook for his role in the rebellions, Fireball. It seems like the two main instigators of the original rebellion,BS & FB, both did so for personal reasons unrelated to Daemon BF in any way. FB was mad about a KG snub, and BS wanted nothing more than to beat BR in a pissing contest he never stood a chance to win. All the rhetoric and propaganda about the rightful heir, the sword, Aegon IV intentions, ect ect was total crap. These two used Daemon BF and their influence over him to settle personal scores. Think of all the houses that were ruined bc they bought the hype BS and FB were selling. Daemon for his part proved exactly why he shouldn't have been king. Just like Robert he'd be completely dependant on his advisors. Luckily for Robert he had Jon Arryn in his corner for most of his reign. Daemon had these two clowns it world have been a disaster if he'd sat the throne.

I am still curious as to what would happen if Daemon Blackfyre the 1st won his war. what would he do differently as a king?

Not much really. Dorne wouldn't have been part of the realm and some stuff, but you know its the same system with some different people on top and in a hundred years it would make about no difference if the king was named Targaryen or Blackfyre; some kings would be good, some bad, some scholarly and some martial and so on.

So essentially the only difference I can see is that the skirmishes and raids along the Dornish Marches would continue for some time and its very possible that there would have been more invasions of Dorne.

Archived