GRRM posts full unpublished version of "History of the Westerlands" from World book

I would guess there would be some. You can't write an account of the monarchy without writing a bit about the Kingdom they rule :dunno: how much would be included is the question...I would suspect more would be written on individual members of other Houses (e.g. Tywin, in regards to Aerys) than the House as a whole.

'Fire and Blood' should, for instance, include the full account on Maegor's wars in which the Lannisters and the Westermen, Tullys, and Baratheons all played a big role. Lord Lyman Lannister shielded Prince Aegon and Princess Rhaena for a time, later Lord Farman hid Rhaena and her twins on Fair Isle, The Tullys sides with Maegor against Aegon at the Gods Eye, but later fought with the Faith Militant against Maegor. And while Aegon was not supported by Casterly Rock, some Westermen joined his army as Jeyne Westerling's first husband died with Aegon.

But 'Fire and Blood' should not give us any new details on the distant past of the Seven Kingdoms unless Gyldayn uses some pretext to add some historical anecdote. But the work should also include a decent history of the Kingdom of the Three Sisters and the important players there, from the Black Swan to the rise and downfall of the Rogare family.

Yeah, i have to say i am looking forward to hearing more of this Prince Aegon business and the Battle.of the Godseye. I was hoping there would be a bit more in the WOIAF. The Regency Period of Aegon III sounds juicy too (Elio and Linda have also said this bit is something they'd like to hear more of I believe).

I guess for the Stark enthusiasts, we might here some more stuff about the North when Jaehaerys and Alysanne journeyed North to Winterfell. Possibly some reasoning behind some of the more obscure marriages too?

I shouldnt come into these threads. They make me want Fire and.Blood far too much :D

'Fire and Blood' should, for instance, include the full account on Maegor's wars in which the Lannisters and the Westermen, Tullys, and Baratheons all played a big role. Lord Lyman Lannister shielded Prince Aegon and Princess Rhaena for a time, later Lord Farman hid Rhaena and her twins on Fair Isle, The Tullys sides with Maegor against Aegon at the Gods Eye, but later fought with the Faith Militant against Maegor. And while Aegon was not supported by Casterly Rock, some Westermen joined his army as Jeyne Westerling's first husband died with Aegon.

But 'Fire and Blood' should not give us any new details on the distant past of the Seven Kingdoms unless Gyldayn uses some pretext to add some historical anecdote. But the work should also include a decent history of the Kingdom of the Three Sisters and the important players there, from the Black Swan to the rise and downfall of the Rogare family.

Fire and Blood needs to give us some more details regarding Maegor's war, the First Blackfyre Rebellion and Robert's Rebellion, since we have so few details on the first two and the timeline and events of the third are a mess.

I am slightly disappointed that some of the army numbers from George's original drafts didn't make it into the final edition, hopefully we will get the release of the same type of information for the other regions.

Fire and Blood needs to give us some more details regarding Maegor's war, the First Blackfyre Rebellion and Robert's Rebellion, since we have so few details on the first two and the timeline and events of the third are a mess.

I highly doubt it will cover Robert's Rebellion. Glydayn was probably dead by then, and Martin has said before that by the time the main series is done there will be no need for a prequel story about the rebellion.

Gyldayn died at Summerhall in 259 AC, didn't he?

Not unless he burnt to death while writing about what was happening around him.

A tantalizing page of Gyldayn’s history—surely one of the very last written before his own death—hints at much, but the ink that was spilled over it in some mishap blotted out too much.

It's possible he was wounded in the fire and eventually died of his wounds after writing that. It's also technically possible he lived for years after, and just happened to be writing about Summerhall shortly before his death.

Edit: also, he was the last maester to serve at Summerhall before it burnt, but we know he had time to become an Archmaester after that. Perhaps he was promoted as a reward for sabotaging the attempt to hatch dragon eggs and causing the tragedy. One could imagine him finally writing down the truth years later when he knows he's dying cause he's got all this guilt.

I see the time when Joanna came to KG is also different in this version. In the WOIAF it was said that she came 4 years before marrying Tywin for the coronation of Jaehaerys. In George's version she came to KL together with Tywin a year before their marriage. :dunno:

Archived