TitanCon Belfast ~ Sat 26 Sept 2015 ~ with Game of Thrones guests and Joe Abercrombie

I am pleased to announce that TitanCon is returning for our fifth year in 2015 with an incredible line up of author guests and some of the cast members from that Game of Thrones TV show you might have heard of.

Guests

Many more guests to be announced soon!

About Game of Thrones Guests

Because of the constantly changing nature of the production schedule for Game of Thrones we will only be able to announce our full line up of Game of Thrones guests a week or two before the convention. Rest assured that we are working hard to make announcements as soon as we possibly can and we are confident we'll have a great line up on the day. We are committed to not naming guests until we are completely sure that they will be in Belfast on that weekend and available to attend. We would hate to announce someone only for them to drop out when the schedule changes.

This is the downside of holding a convention like ours in the middle of the ongoing filming schedule however it does mean we can bring you a good number of guests for a much lower cost than it would be if we had to fly everyone in from all over the world during their down time. It worked out well for us at TitanCon 2011 when we were able to announce Sophie Turner (Sansa) and Maisie Williams (Arya) as guests just two weeks before the convention. In 2013 we had Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran Stark), Art Parkinson (Rickon Stark), Kristian Nairn (Hodor) and Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed) all confirm in the last week as being able to join us which led to an incredible panel on the Fall of House Stark. Last year Ian Beattie (Meryn Trant) confirmed just 3 days before the convention that he was able to attend. You never know who might show up on the day!

Fri 25 Sept: Literature Night

We will be kicking things off on Friday evening with our popular Literature Night featuring readings from our author guests. This relaxed and informal gathering is the perfect opportunity to mingle with the other attendees, catch up with old friends or make some new ones. We'll also be offering a preview of our Art Show featuring incredible pieces of art by talented local and international artists available for purchase.

Sat 26 Sept: TitanCon 2015

The convention itself is on Saturday 26 September. Our doors open at 9.00 am and TitanCon runs till 6.30 pm with evening entertainment from 7.30 pm through till 1.00 am. We highly recommend sticking around till late for a rare chance to see some of the Game of Thrones cast members on the dance floor!

Programming

TitanCon 2015 programming will feature discussion panels, crafting workshops (including our always popular Dothraki Jewellery Workshop), photo sessions with the guests and of course a signing session. Photographs with our Game of Thrones guests cost £10 each.

In past years we have been able to offer free autographs to all TitanCon attendees thanks to a funding grant from the Arts Council which heavily subsidised our costs. Unfortunately due to budget cuts at the Arts Council that funding has now been withdrawn and to avoid making a financial loss as we did last year we need to charge attendees for all autographs at TitanCon 2015. We also need to negotiate autograph rates with each of our guests and their agents which might lead to a varying range of rates depending on the guest. We anticipate most autographs costing £15 each but may be higher for certain guests. We will publish a full list of autograph rates for all Game of Thrones guests as soon as we possibly can.

Sun 27 Sept: TitanCon Coach Tour

For the first time we will have Coach Tour tickets on sale alongside TitanCon memberships from Day One (28 March 2015). In the past we have waited till June or July after watching each season of Game of Thrones to plan the tour and start selling tickets. But this year we don't need to wait, there really is one obvious choice of where to go and that's Portstewart Strand where they have filmed five scenes on the beach for the Dornish parts of Season Five. We last visited the north coast in 2012 and we'll be returning to two old favourites in Ballintoy Harbour (Pyke in season two and Saltpans in season four) and Larrybane Quarry (Renly's Camp in season two). Of course we end the day with a traditional Hog Roast Feast in Clandeboye's beautiful Banqueting Hall.

Sounds great! When can I buy tickets?

Tickets for attendance to TitanCon 2015 on Sat 26 Sept cost £25.

Coach Tour tickets for Sun 27 Sept cost £38.

You can buy both together for £63 and this will save you a little bit on the Paypal transaction fee.

Tickets are on sale NOW

Your confirmation email will include booking codes for the special room rate at the Wellington Park Hotel, so please don't contact the hotel directly until after you have bought your ticket and received the confirmation email.

Supporting Membership

Perhaps you are unable to be at TitanCon 2015 but would still really like to see our convention succeed. Supporting Membership can be bought for just £5 and your greatly appreciated support will help us to continue in 2015 and beyond. Supporting membership can be upgraded to Full attending Membership at a later date for £20, just in case it turns out you can make it. Supporting Membership also counts towards your Making the Eight number!

We'll be announcing more details about all aspects of TitanCon 2015 over the coming months so please check back regularly for news or follow us on Twitter to get the latest updates as they are announced.

We look forward to seeing you at TitanCon 2015.

• 2 months later...

Just want to remind everyone of this awesome con we have coming up.

Every year it gets better. The Party at Archipleicon is just a taste of the awesomeness of this wonder.

Oh members Cabin's peoples front and Peoples Cabin front remember if you don't turn up then you need to set your affairs in order.

I accept no excuses, not even pesky oceans and annoying students.

Thanks Pebs :)

Sorry I can't be there :(. One day it will work out.

I'd be interested in a t-shirt though, if I like the design ;)

(and if anybody is willing to ship it to me or bring it to the next LuxCon ;) )

We could always start up a Cabin People Kidnapping Ring, and not give them a choice in the matter.

Also, I hope all you people who think your excuses are good are at least getting supporting memberships... *squinty eyes*

At Archipelacon a couple of people were a bit surprised when I said I hadn't bought my membership yet (I was always intending to go, but hadn't got round to actually doing anything about it).

I do now have my membership (or at least I will as soon as Phil processes it). I'm flying in from Stansted on the Friday and returning on the Monday, although I've still got to book the accommodation.

At Archipelacon a couple of people were a bit surprised when I said I hadn't bought my membership yet (I was always intending to go, but hadn't got round to actually doing anything about it).

I do now have my membership (or at least I will as soon as Phil processes it). I'm flying in from Stansted on the Friday and returning on the Monday, although I've still got to book the accommodation.

check with Johan, IIRC he had a room but was looking for a room mate. (although that was months ago so may have been filled)

For those of you who wanted BwB t-shirts from WorldCom in Spokane, and have not read the information thread, there are no t-shirts this year. :(

I was going to bring a bunch to Titancon...

However, there may be ribbons saying Cock Merchant.

Well I guess I'd better get a supporting membership to this so Pebs can ship me a TitanCon t-shirt. :| Wish I could be there, as the literary guests of honor seem to be fully awesome.

...I suppose the attendees are too. :P

Well I guess I'd better get a supporting membership to this so Pebs can ship me a TitanCon t-shirt. :| Wish I could be there, as the literary guests of honor seem to be fully awesome.

...I suppose the attendees are too. :P

I am willing to ship T-shirts to 5 addresses. providing I have been asked in advance and yes the person I am shipping too does have a supporting membership - MG needs all the funds he can get.

Kat you have first spot. on my t-shirt posting list.

and yes the attendees are awesome. especially member #2. Member #1 may suck a bit (for being fractionally too quick and steeling my prime spot)

As I've told Phil and Sam, I'm also willing to do some of the donkey work on posting shirts. I think if every volunteer was willing to handle a few shirts each we could make a decent contribution to the pot.

Archived