Why does LF want Harrenhal?

Cavendish

This may be considered a spoiler, but you asked.

Being the lord of a prestigious castle like Harrenhal would greatly raise LIttlefinger's station, and make him a suitable suitor for Lysa Arryn.

He doesn't even want to set foot in it. He wanted it so Lysa could marry him as his rank was too low for a Dowager Lady Paramount to marry.

But he may be just as cursed by holding the title. Lemony lemon revenge.

LF is from an insignificant House. Lysa is the daughter of a Lord Paramount and the mother of another Lord Paramount. Both House Tully and House Arryn are ancient and powerful Houses. LF isn't allowed to marry her, because he's to lowborn. However, as the Lord of Harrenhall he's one of the greatest Lords in the realm. The Lord of Harrenhall is a good match for the widow Arryn and allowed him to move in as Lord Protector for the young Lord Arryn.

I'm rereading Cok now and I'm wondering, if LF is so interested in Harrenhal, why did he offer/include Harrenhal in the deal that secured Jonas slynts loyalty. I'm sure LF could have retained his services for alot cheaper. It doesn't make sense

I'm rereading Cok now and I'm wondering, if LF is so interested in Harrenhal, why did he offer/include Harrenhal in the deal that secured Jonas slynts loyalty. I'm sure LF could have retained his services for alot cheaper. It doesn't make sense.

He probably didn't expect him to last long.

Of course he wants it for title to marry Lysa.

But also remember harrenhall dominated the Riverlands for a good period and even house Tully was a vassal. He probably likes that little twist into the Tully pride. And frankly, if anyone who might have the money to arm and rehabilitate Harrenhall, it would be him. LF may think highly enough of himself that he could maybe pull it off. Or not.

Did he make the deal? I thought it was Cerseis idea.

Ya i just reread the chapter where tyrion first get to KL and he and Cersie have a talk were Cersie credits LF with securing Lord Jonas. And if you remember, Ned sent LF to do the same for him but that's when he crosses him and made the deal. I just don't know why??

Ya and rightfully so but why take the chance when there is no need? Especially since it seems that it was essential to his plans, as others have pointed out

Well.. he does not really need HR. Another castle/keep with similar power would do the trick.. So he had no real need for Harrenhal- but something like that.

Well.. he does not really need HR. Another castle/keep with similar power would do the trick.. So he had no real need for Harrenhal- but something like that.

True but the main thing that's bugging me is he didn't need to offer Harrenhal. I'm sure Jonas would have jump at any offer containing a Lordship. He probably could've said specific land TBD by cersie after the deed was done.

IDK it probably doesn't matter but it just seems odd to me, especially since we all know how clever LF is. I doubt he would over pay if he didn't apsolotly have to

Everyone else got the rest

Harrenhal is the greatest castle ever seen outside of Valyria, and those are all destroyed; so much so that even ruined it is as near formidable as any of the great castles in the realm. Restored it would effectively become the new capital whenever kings landing blows up

Ya i just reread the chapter where tyrion first get to KL and he and Cersie have a talk were Cersie credits LF with securing Lord Jonas. And if you remember, Ned sent LF to do the same for him but that's when he crosses him and made the deal. I just don't know why??

Getting Janos on side isn't the same thing as making him Lord of Harrenhall. It's not something he can offer without Cersei's approval.

Getting Janos on side isn't the same thing as making him Lord of Harrenhall. It's not something he can offer without Cersei's approval.

Right, but where did Jonas get the idea from? I doubt he would ask for something that big.... now that I think about it maybe it was Cerseis idea, she did make Aurane Waters Master of Ships after all, haha

Archived