Why does LF want Harrenhal?

Cavendish

Right, but where did Jonas get the idea from? I doubt he would ask for something that big.... now that I think about it maybe it was Cerseis idea, she did make Aurane Waters Master of Ships after all, haha

Yes. I think it was Cersei's idea. She can be smart some times, but a lot of her schemes aren't well thought out.

Yes. I think it was Cersei's idea. She can be smart some times, but a lot of her schemes aren't well thought out.

Ya, this does fit her M.O., now that I think about it. She probably just looks at Harrenhal as a cursed dump, haha who knows what LF's plans were at this stage but if LF wasn't eyeing Harrenhal before, he is now.

Thanks for helping me figure that out, it was bugging me lol

I think another thing to remember with LF is that not everything he does is planned out. I don't think his 'plan' is too structured and meticulous, he just puts many things in place, spinning a lot of plates at once so he's always got something to use at the right time. I think that's why he's so successful. He's incredibly flexible and quick to react in all his conspiracies and intrigue - and always has more options than other people and is quicker to jump on them.

I think another thing to remember with LF is that not everything he does is planned out. I don't think his 'plan' is too structured and meticulous, he just puts many things in place, spinning a lot of plates at once so he's always got something to use at the right time. I think that's why he's so successful. He's incredibly flexible and quick to react in all his conspiracies and intrigue - and always has more options than other people and is quicker to jump on them.

Your right LF thrive off chaos, Varys is the more meticulous one, though I'm sure he can change it up when necessary. But that's why I said who know what his plans where at that stage because they're always changing. Sure he knew a propor title would improve his odds with Lysa, but if my logic is right, I bet the fact that Cersie awarded the butchers son Jonas Slynt with a seat like Harrenhal got LF'S gears turning in that direction if they weren't already.

I really think it was mostly a stepping stone on his way to get the Vale through Lysa'n'Son and North through Sansa.

He has shown no indication of going to the Riverlands, and he should know he cannot hope to keep them without Lannister help, yet he plots against the Lannisters and expects Cersei to bring them down.

I may be wrong though... It's incredibly difficult to know the true motivations and end goals of LF :)

Archived