Wanna Wish You All A Good Upcoming Season

Blazfemur

i still dont know why the negativity, especially when this was done with good motive and intention.

p.s. it's not a lack of respect, disrespect would be calling a product of something we love, "awful." that it "blows." this is merely praising both book and show, and acknowledging that we, the reader, AND the viewer, will be experiencing many new experiences, together, instead of us readers one-upping the viewer.

but no i suppose throwing a tantrum is good too.

Let us reap what we have sown! Good season everyone. Let's not be too bitter.

this is all im trying to say man. let's make this season, which will be new for EVERYONE, a good one

I'll really try my best to treat the show as it's own thing and to judge it by its own standards. I don't know, I think that at this stage "but it wasn't like that in the books!" isn't a valid criticism because we're so far past that point

(I'm so full of shit. I'm totally gonna be comparing it to the books)

I'll really try my best to treat the show as it's own thing and to judge it by its own standards. I don't know, I think that at this stage "but it wasn't like that in the books!" isn't a valid criticism because we're so far past that point

(I'm so full of shit. I'm totally gonna be comparing it to the books)

what is left for us to see that is written down, obviously can be compared. but the material we dont know about that we're going to see. determining, is that d&d, or is that something we'll read about later, or is that a construed version, of what we're going to read about later.

I have seen past season 2. I have read through ASoIaF twice. Plus D&E, TWoIaF, etc.

After half way through first season there were things that were "new" to readers.

Someone just explained show Theon's arc. WTF?!?

Im all about being positive, but this is not an appropriate place for the conversation.

I never comment on people's post when its thread stuff here, but to acknowledge this is a forum to discuss the books, then incorrectly describe the material in the show is rude.

Just saying.

I have seen past season 2. I have read through ASoIaF twice. Plus D&E, TWoIaF, etc.

After half way through first season there were things that were "new" to readers.

Someone just explained show Theon's arc. WTF?!?

Im all about being positive, but this is not an appropriate place for the conversation.

I never comment on people's post when its thread stuff here, but to acknowledge this is a forum to discuss the books, then incorrectly describe the material in the show is rude.

Just saying.

i posted generally, primarily because it does effect us book readers as well, as we're going to be viewing (possibly) book material yet to be released. it does effect us.

i went through asoiaf twice, on my third reread right before eddard dies, read d&e once, wasnt a fan, read all the other novellas and the world as well. im book at core, went book after blackwater fromt he show.

bottom line is, show exposed me to book. i then became book between seasons 2 and three.

season 6, has winds of winter in it, clearly before release. it's possible season 7 MAY conclude wow before it's even released. a long stretch, but let's face it, it's a possibility.

If its the one Im thinking of, its also going to mean the end of one of the absolute most cringeworthy show only subplots so good riddance.

It is that one, and I agree with your point but there is a problem:

Spoiler
After already killing off Rakharo and Jhiqui (still alive in books) and not including Brown Ben and Belwas, the show risks more accusations of racism.

It is that one, and I agree with your point but there is a problem:

Spoiler
After already killing off Rakharo and Jhiqui (still alive in books) and not including Brown Ben and Belwas, the show risks more accusations of racism.

i would debate those that would call it that, only because

all the snakes are not caucasian. the race card is thrown around too much, and if it's part of the story it has to be done. people cant throw the race card and alter the way a story is written, its thrown around way to much and its become a trump-weapon, not even a defense. saying something is racist has become an attack mechanism.

i would debate those that would call it that, only because

all the snakes are not caucasian. the race card is thrown around too much, and if it's part of the story it has to be done. people cant throw the race card and alter the way a story is written, its thrown around way to much and its become a trump-weapon, not even a defense. saying something is racist has become an attack mechanism.

The problem is growing though:

Not only have they killed off or not included all but one of Dany's non-white advisors and look set to kill the other one, they have whitewashed (for want of a better term) her character, making her a pure white messiah helping Arabian looking races, not very helpful in the current political situation.

Dorne is going to bring up another issue, by missing Arianne and making Trystane the heir they are risking accusations of sexism getting louder when they had the perfect chance to quiet them

The problem is growing though:

Not only have they killed off or not included all but one of Dany's non-white advisors and look set to kill the other one, they have whitewashed (for want of a better term) her character, making her a pure white messiah helping Arabian looking races, not very helpful in the current political situation.

Dorne is going to bring up another issue, by missing Arianne and making Trystane the heir they are risking accusations of sexism getting louder when they had the perfect chance to quiet them

there's always going to be

sexism, it's jsut the nature of the time period grrm was going for. males will always have more rights in this timeline, because it's just how it was. i know daenerys is trying to change that, an di think grrm did a good job of demonstrating gender equality by including the noble rights that dorne possesses.

still though,

it's a world envisioned by grrm. if he wanted to, he couldve created a world devoid of every color EXCEPT white. on the same token, he couldve created a world of minority. it's author's discretion, but it shouldnt be labelled as racist. plenty of whites died inthe books and the show, MUCH more than blacks/other races. the white deaths STILL outnumber the minority deaths, which i think alone validates losing a few minority characters

my debate with

excluding minority characters is also the exclusion of other characters that arent minority. i.e. patchface, the ghost of high heart, coldhands, etc. theyre not specifically chosen to be killed or excluded, it's merely a shortening tactic of whats important, what the real meat is, for hbo in the series and what they can allow to be filmed

Archived