Bakker XXXV: Tyrant of Rat Nation, Worshipped as Rat of Rats

Madness

So according to this article, published yesterday, Bakker has book sales of over one million copies. Which is surprising considering all the talk about his books not selling well, and him being dropped by his Canadian publisher. For comparison, the Malazan series sold a million copies with The Crippled God (book ten), yet I don't hear Erikson is facing any problems. :dunno:

I have some information regarding TUC, which I am sharing here with my fellow Zaudanyani.
I have plied and plied, and this is the result of my labours.

"We do not have an exact date, but it will be published sometime in 2016" so sayeth the publisher.

I will reiterate that White Luck Warrior took about 12-13 months from manuscript delivery to publication in 2011. .

Fingers crossed for early 2016, in other words. The good thing is that it will at least be published, I know some of us began to question even that.

The longstanding bet that TUC will get published before Winds looks like it will be a sprint right until the finish line. Because I think that is very likely to be published ahead of season 6 of the tv show in April 2016.

Oh, truth. I completely spaced on that being the reason for the "editorial turnover comment." Penguin has opted to distribute the Overlook editions in the future, which is why you can't find a physical copy of Bakker in Canada for the past couple years, except in used book stores.

EDIT: Ergo, we keep pulling a Mith and harass Overlook ;).

Nope. The end is one, but the crossings are infinite. Taking the Gnosis is not the only means to the end he had in mind.

Two shortests paths?

I see you’re ignoring the scene between Moënghus and Cnaiür. Okay then. Sure, he was ‘turned into salt’.

I'm not sure how I'm missing that scene? Cnauirs 'subpersonal process' decides Moe has to die, and enacts it right under the nose of Cnaiurs personal process.

The question is however, why does Moënghus need the Gnosis? And how is him getting the Psukhe a ‘dead end’?* I think there is a very good case to be made that he didn’t need anything more than the Psukhe. (That’s even assuming that the Gnosis is ‘more’ than the Psukhe.)

*Please don’t say ‘well he was turned into salt in the end so it was a dead end!’ Because it is clear that Moënghus brought Kellhus to him knowing what Kellhus was about to do, and he wasn’t salted.

Currently you make it sound like the psukhe could never be a dead end for any purpose, ever.

I don't think I have to prove the psukhe as a dead end. It can be one. The question is whether it was for Moe's purpose. Instead of me having to show how it's a dead end, really you should be asking whether it was for Moe's purpose.

Oh, truth. I completely spaced on that being the reason for the "editorial turnover comment." Penguin has opted to distribute the Overlook editions in the future, which is why you can't find a physical copy of Bakker in Canada for the past couple years, except in used book stores.

EDIT: Ergo, we keep pulling a Mith and harass Overlook ;).

Overlook is only like 40 minuted from my house. Maybe I should swing by and lobby outside the offices. I could bring a tent and a bunch of beer.

Edit: nevermind, read the map wrong. Thought they were somewhere else.... there goes my plan.

I don't think I have to prove the psukhe as a dead end. It can be one. The question is whether it was for Moe's purpose. Instead of me having to show how it's a dead end, really you should be asking whether it was for Moe's purpose.

I already did that in post 61 and elsewhere. On the other hand you’ve said that Kellhus needed the Gnosis to ‘outrun the damnation machine,’ which is totally supported by the text, of course.

So speaking of Blind Brain Theory, I think this universe is a simulation and I'm a brain in a jar. Had a "Dream" where I was told I'm "addicted to sleep" and was given a pill to remedy this situation. Following the pill, I was immobile and my vision was black for some amount of time. When I regain vision, I vomit out the pill.

If the dream were some sort of debug mode, then that immobile, black vision I experienced is reality, so far as I can tell, I'm a literal blind-brain-in-a-jar, hooked up to some sort of reality simulation.

Overlook is only like 40 minuted from my house. Maybe I should swing by and lobby outside the offices. I could bring a tent and a bunch of beer.

Edit: nevermind, read the map wrong. Thought they were somewhere else.... there goes my plan.

Music fans pressure that industry all the time. We need to bring that kind of ethic here ;). With tents and beer.

Wilshire is trying to get a TSACast going tonight. I think we're looking at 6pm EDT. If anyone is interested.

Archived