Mother Most Missed

nara

Cassana Baratheon - the scene where Catelyn tells Stannis and Renly that she would bang their heads together if she was their mother really highlights what difference Lady Baratheon could have made.

Joanna Lannister - she would have been able to look after the kids while Tywin was busy being Hand and may actually have treated them like children rather than assets.

Rhaella Targaryen - she would have really taken the pressure off poor Viserys.

I definitely agree about Joanna Lannister.

I know she's not dead, but Samwell's mom seemed like she was really nice. I hope she stays safe.

Melessa Florent? She accepted everything Randyll Tarly did to Sam without complaining, as far as we know, and that's just unacceptable to me. Although Sam seems to miss her all the same.

For me it's either Elia Martell or Rhaella Tagaryen. I believe Dany's life would have been different had she had a mother figure for longer, and perhaps Rhaella could have sorted out Viserys. We learn that Rhaella did try to shield Viserys from the worst of Aerys' madness and rage. Rhaella with Aerys dead is interesting as well. Would she have sought out or tried to contact Ser Bonifer Hasty? He named her Queen of Love and Beauty once in his youth and after she married Aerys he turned to religion. It makes me wonder if Dany will at least have Ser Bonifer and his Holy Hundred when she arrives in Westeros, for her mother's sake.

And Elia...well, I hope Gregor Clegane goes to a special kind of hell for what he did to her and her children, not to mention every other atrocity he has committed, not limited to the maiming of his own kid brother.

Melessa Florent? She accepted everything Randyll Tarly did to Sam without complaining, as far as we know, and that's just unacceptable to me. Although Sam seems to miss her all the same.

For me it's either Elia Martell or Rhaella Tagaryen. I believe Dany's life would have been different had she had a mother figure for longer, and perhaps Rhaella could have sorted out Viserys. We learn that Rhaella did try to shield Viserys from the worst of Aerys' madness and rage. Rhaella with Aerys dead is interesting as well. Would she have sought out or tried to contact Ser Bonifer Hasty? He named her Queen of Love and Beauty once in his youth and after she married Aerys he turned to religion. It makes me wonder if Dany will at least have Ser Bonifer and his Holy Hundred when she arrives in Westeros, for her mother's sake.

And Elia...well, I hope Gregor Clegane goes to a special kind of hell for what he did to her and her children, not to mention every other atrocity he has committed, not limited to the maiming of his own kid brother.

:agree: Seven hells, to be precise. Makes me wonder about Gregor & Sandor's mom.

Archived