Jenny is the Ghost!

watson98

I've been doing alot of digging recently and I've come to a conclusion which I think is truth (and should be on the same level that Blood Raven=Brynden Rivers or R+L=J)

I believe that Jenny of Oldstones = The Ghost of High heart

I also believe that she had something to do with / was present at the tragedy of Summerhall and that she met with Rhaegar in his youth. I think that the is descended from the first men and is a greenseer/warg.

I think it may also be possible she has some connection with BR or possibly the Reeds. And it could be possible she knows some other magic too.

Jenny of Oldstones came to court with a woods witch, an albino vertically challenged woman, in whose dreams Jenny put great stock and who Jenny claimed was a CotF.

This woods witch prophesied the Prince who was Promised would come from Aerys and his sister, so Jahaerys married them.

High Heart is near Oldstones.

The very very old albino vertically challenged woman bemoaned "my Jenny, where is my Jenny"

Jenny of Oldstones came to court with a woods witch, an albino vertically challenged woman, in whose dreams Jenny put great stock and who Jenny claimed was a CotF.

This woods witch prophesied the Prince who was Promised would come from Aerys and his sister, so Jahaerys married them.

High Heart is near Oldstones.

The very very old albino vertically challenged woman bemoaned "my Jenny, where is my Jenny"

This was what I assumed too, but I am interested as to how the OP reached this conclusion.

Yea partly what he said^^

but also she likes to hear the song about jenny (reminding her she was once beautiful?) and rheagar went to summerhall several times with his harp and came back sad, i believe he went to consult with her about her prophecy's. we already know she uses that song as payment occasionally so it would make sense for him to bring the harp

shes extremely old so the ages kinda match up

she was with Duncan (not the tall) so she was probs at least aware of the details of Summerhall if not there. if she was magical and egg knew this he would probs have invited her to help hatch the eggs

she is mentioned to have claimed to have been a descendant from 'kinds of old' which sounds like the first men. is she has green dreams (which it seems she does) that would be entirely possible

I reckon she could be connected to BR because i'm a big subscriber to a Ragnarok=aSoIaF theory i read once. and because the Reeds (or at least some of them) are Wargs etc.... they could possibly be related. I personally think that the Ragnarok theory is the way to figure out the whole series> http://gameofthronesandnorsemythology.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/ragnarok-song-of-ice-fire.html

Jenny of Oldstones and her woods witch friend were two different people. The woods witch friend is very, very likely the Ghost of High Heart.

So, to address the OP - No.

BTW, the Ragnarok theory you refer to is generally considered to be garbage. For starters, Bloodraven is obviously an Odin parallel (one eye, connected to a tree, served by ravens), not Loki, as the theory claims.

Jenny of Oldstones and her woods witch friend were two different people. The woods witch friend is very, very likely the Ghost of High Heart.

So, to address the OP - No.

BTW, the Ragnarok theory you refer to is generally considered to be garbage. For starters, Bloodraven is obviously an Odin parallel (one eye, connected to a tree, served by ravens), not Loki, as the theory claims.

It's difficult to tell garbage theories apart from non-garbage theories. Euron=Daario is no less garbage than Ragnarok.

Anyhow, I think Ragnarok works if people don't take it too literally, and see it as one influence behind the story. The elements in Ragnarok are all there in Westeros--ice, giants, fire, serpents, wargs, wolves, ravens, tricksters (Lannisters, founded by the trickster Lann), and corruption, where children kill parents, siblings marry one another, lords kill, etc. Ragnarok is an apocalypse with a bittersweet ending. That would be the Song of Ice and Fire.

It's difficult to tell garbage theories apart from non-garbage theories. Euron=Daario is no less garbage than Ragnarok.

No, it's not. Garbage theories are characterized by lack of intelligent thought. Both Ragnarok and Euron=Daario lack intelligent thought.

Any intelligent person would equate Loki to Lann the Clever, Tyrion, or Littlefinger, not Bloodraven.

THIS ISNT A RAGNAROK THREAD!!!

On reflection i shouldnt have mentioned it but i only bought it up just as a quick thing that if it was to be followed then The ghost of high heart would fit into it as a BR minion possibly. I'm not saying it is true, and if we disgard the ragnarok theory then she might not be a BR minion. I'm not saying you should all believe the ragnarok stuff, im just saying that i personally think it has merit and that if you look at it from one angle the ghost of high heart could be worked into it.

This thread is about my belief that Jenny of Oldstones is The Ghost of HIghheart. PLEASE CAN WE DISCUSS THAT!!!?! >:(

Euron = Daario is a completely different type of garbage theory than Ragnarok.

Euron = Daario is a [cntrl + F] theory limited to the books. Plus it's hilarious - so really it's kind of decent... just horribly wrong.

Ragnarok is a great example of the class of theories that people buy into simply because they're long. It's the salesman's trick... Talk long enough and people will buy it. Or politicians... speak for hours without saying anything.

Look hard enough and ASOIAF can be argued to be inspired and based upon the carebears. "BEAR AND THE MAIDEN FAIR!!" - someone get on that.

---

As for GHH = Jenny...

And so Lem woke Tom Sevenstrings beneath his furs, and brought him yawning to the fireside with his woodharp in hand. “The same song as before?” he asked.

“Oh, aye. My Jenny’s song. Is there another?”

Are you arguing Jenny is pretending to be someone else so she refers to herself that way?

I'm not gonna argue about which theories deserve more attention or praise, if you guys don't agree with Ragnarok that's fine, you're welcome to come to your own conclusion. It's not like it's a competition to have the most popular theory. I'm not going to justify my reasons for believing some theories and not others.

Re. the quote above, I don't have a definite answer to that. Maybe Jenny was an alias? Maybe she's so old she's becoming a little senile? Maybe she doesn't want people to know her identity so she pretends Jenny is someone else? ...I dunno... But there is other evidence to suggest that they are the same person and I personally believe that they are.

Hmm... I think (and this may be because I'd prefer it to be storywise), that the GOHH is the albino witch who traveled with Jenny. I think that that makes her asking Tom for 'her Jenny's' song to be a more emotional moment, because she lived on while Jenny died at Summerhall. I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, but this theory not only matches up better with the characters we already have, but it has more emotional pull too.

Archived