[TWOW Spoilers] Alayne I, v. 2

I must say, one of the things I really love about the Littlefinger storyline is how huge the variation in views and theories about it is, yet I've seen several people claim it's boring because it is soooo obvious what his motivations and end goals are :lol:

And I'm pretty sure Littlefinger will not rape Sansa - if he wanted to do that, he could have done so long ago (care to elaborate how/why you think Littlefinger will suddenly be unable to control his 'rape urges'?)

Yeah, personally I'm 100% sure that won't happen... actually, I would feel it to be very, very out of character on Littlefinger's part to do it. It would be using force/violence to get something. He would want to talk her into willingly doing it with him, or it would lose all meaning for him... so it won't happen.

Ask yourself why the Templeton wanted an assurance that the Lords Declarant would not be charged with treason or rebellion, nor they would be subjected to reprisals.

Because they were afraid to face men from King's Landing and the Vale lords loyal (or at least willing) to Littlefinger (because, as you said, the Vale is not a single entity)?

Also remember that not all soldiers in KL and Westeros in general are Lannister vassals. The Vale is not united, but neither is the rest of Westeros. Far from it.

Hell, when LF left the KL, he had set in motion a perfect plan to kill Joffrey and frame Tyrion for it, which would also free Sansa's hand. He should have assumed that with Tywin at the wheel in the KL, none would dare LF's authority at the Vale. The siege of the Lords Declarant would not even happen if Tywin was alive.

Now, LF is doing his best to modify his schemes but it will blow on him at one point.

He assumed that at some point the Lannisters would fall apart. He's not modifying plans as much as speeding them up.

Also, there will be no (successful) Sansa abductions, simply because it would not make any sense for the story and story/character development.

Where is it stated he hates the "Lannisters"...

The fact that he advocated aggressively for joining Robb's cause, and that he believes the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn, as do many in the Vale.

Also, there will be no (successful) Sansa abductions, simply because it would not make any sense for the story and story/character development.

That's my other reasoning. Sansa's story is about learning court intrigue. You need a court to intrigue in to do that, and sending her on another travelogue or making her a prisoner again really don't serve that story at all.

The fact that he advocated aggressively for joining Robb's cause, and that he believes the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn, as do many in the Vale.

Wonderful isn't it, how Littlefinger has the whole Vale conned right down to who killed their leige lord....

You seem to have a better memory than I on things Vale...Do I remember correctly that Alayne/Sansa overheard the Lysa/Littlefinger conservation of her poisioning Jon Ayrrn?

I'd actually quite like an answer to this...

I think people are thinking of Littlefinger in the show saying that he knows about Varys meeting with Illyrio. Littlefinger in the books never says anything like that.

Do I remember correctly that Alayne/Sansa overheard the Lysa/Littlefinger conservation of her poisioning Jon Ayrrn?

Yes, that was in her POV. She bought (for now, at least) that Lysa was just spewing crazy talk.

Archived