Who's gonna marry who

Chilli

Jon Snow:

- Lyanna Mormont: probably to young. But this way Longclaw would go back to house Mormont

- Allyria Dayne: Maybe if Jon learns about his past he will want to meet the Daynes

- Meera Reed: The Reeds did a lot for the Starks and Meera a lot for Bran

- Daenerys Targaryen: I used to think they would marry, but now I don't like it anymore

- Shireen Baratheon: Maybe Stannis would want this if he learns about Jon's past

- Val: He had the chance to marry her and she resembles Ghost, but I don't think Jon loves her.

- Arianne Martell: The Martells want to marry a Targaryen

Sansa Sark:

- Tyrion: she's already married to him

- Edric Storm: he is a real son of Robert

- Willas Tyrell: she was betrothed to him before

- Harry the heir: she is betrothed to him

- Sandor: SanSan :-)

Arya Stark

- Gendry: he likes her but thinks she's too highborn. But I don't think Arya cares for that

Bran Stark:

- Meera Reed: he likes her

- Shireen Baratheon: Maybe with the greyscale she won't have much other chances.

Rickon Stark:

- Wylla Manderly: Wyman Manderly sent Davos to search for Rickon. And with her temper I think she could be a good match for Rickon

- Shireen Baratheon: political match.

- Lyanna Mormont: right age I think

Daenerys Targaryen:

- Daario Naharis: because they are already sleeping together

- Trystane Martell: If the Martells know Quentyn's dead was an accident

- Willas Tyrell: political match

- Tyrion: I don't think he's her type but one never knows...

- Aegon: real or not, it would be a good match

Tyrion Lannister:

- Tysha: he was once married to her

- Sansa Stark: he is married to her

- Penny: she wants him, but he doesn't want her. Maybe she can convince him.

- Daenerys: Maybe Tyrion can convince her with his wits

What do you think? Or do you think there are better matches?

I had completely forgotten about Sandor, shame on me! I've added him.

Jamie - Brienne is obvious ofcourse, bit I don't think he will live long enough to marry her.

We don't know if the Night's watch will still exist in the end.

Jon Snow:

- Lyanna Mormont: probably to young. But this way Longclaw would go back to house Mormont

- Allyria Dayne: Maybe if Jon learns about his past he will want to meet the Daynes

- Meera Reed: The Reeds did a lot for the Starks and Meera a lot for Bran

- Daenerys Targaryen: I used to think they would marry, but now I don't like it anymore

- Shireen Baratheon: Maybe Stannis would want this if he learns about Jon's past

- Val: He had the chance to marry her and she resembles Ghost, but I don't think Jon loves her.

- Arianne Martell: The Martells want to marry a Targaryen

Sansa Sark:

- Tyrion: she's already married to him

- Edric Storm: he is a real son of Robert

- Willas Tyrell: she was betrothed to him before

- Harry the heir: she is betrothed to him

Arya Stark

- Gendry: he likes her but thinks she's too highborn. But I don't think Arya cares for that

Bran Stark:

- Meera Reed: he likes her

- Shireen Baratheon: Maybe with the greyscale she won't have much other chances.

Rickon Stark:

- Wylla Manderly: Wyman Manderly sent Davos to search for Rickon. And with her temper I think she could be a good match for Rickon

- Shireen Baratheon: political match.

- Lyanna Mormont: right age I think

Daenerys Targaryen:

- Daario Naharis: because they are already sleeping together

- Trystane Martell: If the Martells know Quentyn's dead was an accident

- Willas Tyrell: political match

- Tyrion: I don't think he's her type but one never knows...

Tyrion Lannister:

- Tysha: he was once married to her

- Sansa Stark: he is married to her

- Penny: she wants him, but he doesn't want her. Maybe she can convince him.

- Daenerys: Maybe Tyrion can convince her with his wits

What do you think? Or do you think there are better matches?

Jon will probably die by the end of the story.

Arya won't get married

Sansa is already married

Bran will never leave the tree

Rickon will marry a northern woman to secure his rule

Dany will probably die by the end

Tyrion is already married

Aegon will marry Sansa when Littlefinger & Varys pull the ultimate screw job (Fantasy thinking)

Jon will forsake Dany because the Watch will still need to be kept.

Dany pregnant with Jons lovechild will marry Aegon out of duty.

I still hold out hope Sansa will marry a good guy. If not, the Hound will protect her.

Bran, think he has tree written all over him, but if he leaves the cave maybe Meera

Rickon shireen would be a good match.

Tyrion, will not wed again. If he does, maybe somebody we don't meet in the actual story.

Of course zero chance I'm right on any of these, but good to speculate

Robb + some random northerner noble girl from the Boltons.

Sansa + some random westerner noble boy from the Lannister.

Bran + some random riverlander noble girl from the Blackwoods.

Arya + some random valeman noble boy from the Royces.

Rickon + some random reachwoman noble girl from the Tarlys.

Jon + legitimated a Stark + given some lands in the Stony Shore + random northerner noble girl from the Tallharts.

Just one thing, Rickon is approximatively 5 by Dance and Lyanna Mormont is 9. I also think Shireen is about the same age as Arya(?).

As for the rest, it kind of gives me a headache. I simply don't feel I have enough data about how things will shake up after the Biggest Battle to make predictions on what alliances would be strategic or not. And unless I believe a character to be the "follow your heart type" or in a position where they are "allowed" to do so, who likes who matters little to me. As long as I don't think they will kill each other, I consider any Westeros approved union viable.

Marriage? This isn't a Shakesperean drama. We had all better hope our faves actually survive until the end, because that's not guaranteed in the world of Westeros (or the mind of GRRM).

Dany will marry her brothers and dragon riders Aegon and Jon.

Aegon and Jon, as the sons of Rhaegar, would be Dany's nephews.

Marriage? This isn't a Shakesperean drama. We had all better hope our faves actually survive until the end, because that's not guaranteed in the world of Westeros (or the mind of GRRM).

Aegon and Jon, as the sons of Rhaegar, would be Dany's nephews.

Agreed. Except for Sansa, I don't think ANY of these characters are going to get married by the end of the series. There are too many fans who still think that their favorite characters are going a have a happy ending and live nice, normal lives... After all these years, ya'll should know better.

Edit: And just to be clear, I'm A LOT of fun at parties.

The Pedantic Nitpick of the Day is brought to you by Good Guy Garlan:

Shakespearean comedies traditionally end in marriage. Shakespearean dramas often end in death

The Pedantic Nitpick of the Day was brought to you by Good Guy Garlan

Viserys "Jon" Targaryen and Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, King and Queen of the Eight Kingdoms

Gendry Baratheon and Arya Stark, Lord and Lady of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands

Harold Hardyng and Sansa Stark, Lord and Lady of the Eyrie, Lord and Lady Paramount of the Vale and Riverlands

Tyrion Lannister and unknown wife, Lord of Casterly Rock, and Lord Paramount of the Westerlands

Bran Stark and a tree

Rickon dead

Asha Greyjoy and Tristifer Botley, Lady on the Seastone Chair and Lady Paramount of the Iron Islands

Brynden Tully and Jeyne Westerling, Lord Regent of Winterfell, Protector of Robb Stark Jr, Lord of Winterfell

Archived