What's really awesome today? v.2

Eyron

I'm off work for three days starting tomorrow :commie: And I'm going out for dinner with a big bunch of co-workers tomorrow evening which is usually very fun.

Grandma Marie deserts the church after 84 years, because a priest was calling homosexuals sinners and was offering them healing. She thought it´s inacceptable to tell such things to young people.

She has two gay grandchildren and loves them very much :).

I salute your grandma! That is a strong act and warms my heart to read.

I checked my checking account this morning to see if my federal return came so I can pay off my credit card. Saw that there was about $3,000 extra dollars in there and that it came on my last paycheck. Checked my stub to make sure I didn't get double paid or something, and there's a $5,000 performance bonus on it! Nobody even told me, which makes me think my VP did it w/out telling my manager or his manager. Pays for my new $1,000 mixer I bought last weekend and my trip to Mexico I just took. What a great surprise!

Wow congrats!

I checked my checking account this morning to see if my federal return came so I can pay off my credit card. Saw that there was about $3,000 extra dollars in there and that it came on my last paycheck. Checked my stub to make sure I didn't get double paid or something, and there's a $5,000 performance bonus on it! Nobody even told me, which makes me think my VP did it w/out telling my manager or his manager. Pays for my new $1,000 mixer I bought last weekend and my trip to Mexico I just took. What a great surprise!

Kewl! I'd still ask your VP about it, though. Or better yet, thank him. Would hate like hell for it to be an error, but better safe than sorry!

Boy, a $1,000 mixer? It better do windows too! :P Is it a professional model? Reason I ask is I just bought a stand mixer for the first time in my life. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm hoping for Great Things.

ive written 1/4 of the rough draft of my dissertation already i was v scared and worried that i wouldnt be able to do it in 3 weeks but if i can at least get the 8k words in 2 weeks and have a whole week left over to go over it, make sure ive got plenty of sources and it sounds good and is coherent then i'll be so happy and proud of myself and that seems like it's actually possible now lol

ive written 1/4 of the rough draft of my dissertation already i was v scared and worried that i wouldnt be able to do it in 3 weeks but if i can at least get the 8k words in 2 weeks and have a whole week left over to go over it, make sure ive got plenty of sources and it sounds good and is coherent then i'll be so happy and proud of myself and that seems like it's actually possible now lol

You're doing great, Theda! Keep at it! Have you got a proofer to check for spelling errors, etc.? (unless it's an oral dissertation, in which case, never mind!)

The most awesome thing today was that I spotted two bald eagles, one large, the other a juvenile, soaring over our yards. Wow, they were gorgeous. The rabbit population is undoubtedly quaking in its fur.

I'd be happy to proof read it for you, I've been editing my SO's as he's gone along. Gimme a shout if you need anything :)

It's awesome that I start work tomorrow, meaning I'll actually have some money coming in! But I still have a pretty bad cough, which is not so awesome.

Omg drac that would be fckin amazing - thanks so much!!! Are you sure you don't mind proofreading?? I dont want to burden you with anything just sometimes i rush and i dont always reread my work carefully enough.

Also whats awesome today ; ive written half my essay - will hopefully finish that by tomorrow, hand it in early and continue cracking on with my dissertation !!!!

What is the topic of your dissertation, Theda?

My dog has been making me chuckle so much lately. I don't close doors unless someone is here so he would be super creepy and watch me dress or use the toilet or shower. So I have been teaching him to turn away or leave the room when he sees me entering a certain area or beginning a certain activity, like grabbing clothes from my closet. He's taken to getting down really low at the corner and barely peeking around with his paws moving back and forth over his eyes. I have been going fake pee several times just to laugh at him doing this. Not sure if I want to get him to really stop watching me when it feels weird or if I'll just let this cutish behavior fly and ignore feeling weird.

To make up for being cute, he's decided that putting his nose in my ass is his new joy. I guess it's to sort of hurry me along. I wasn't all that concerned about it until he did it when I was naked. Not cool, not cool.

DP; I'm discussing the political and moral dilemmas that focus on the Oikos (the family) and the Polis (city-state) in Sophocles' Antigone. I just need to sculpt that into more of a definite question that I can actually write a conclusion about lol.

Also; 1464 words of my essay done; only need around 500 more and a few more references, re-read it and edit it where necessary and i'm done with that 2 days early so i have 2 extra days to really focus on my dissertation instead of these essay. :D :D feeling really good about myself right now.

Continuing is much easier than starting! :) Good luck, seems like you are on top of this.

My own dissertation or thesis or whatever you call this has been growing very nicely in the last few days too, I am really enthusiastic about the topic and every thing I find in the literature seems interesting to me. So that is a good thing!

(The worse thing is that I also have another assignment that I should write as well, but that one is boring and I have no interest in even starting and no idea what to do with it.)

Omg drac that would be fckin amazing - thanks so much!!! Are you sure you don't mind proofreading?? I dont want to burden you with anything just sometimes i rush and i dont always reread my work carefully enough.

Also whats awesome today ; ive written half my essay - will hopefully finish that by tomorrow, hand it in early and continue cracking on with my dissertation !!!!

Of course! I don't know anything about the subject, but I can help with grammar and referencing etc. Send it to me when you're ready, along with your mark scheme, and I'll do my best! :)

Continuing is much easier than starting! :) Good luck, seems like you are on top of this.

My own dissertation or thesis or whatever you call this has been growing very nicely in the last few days too, I am really enthusiastic about the topic and every thing I find in the literature seems interesting to me. So that is a good thing!

(The worse thing is that I also have another assignment that I should write as well, but that one is boring and I have no interest in even starting and no idea what to do with it.)

That's what I was like with my other essay; but I've got the right amount of words now and I just need to go over it before I submit it.

Of course! I don't know anything about the subject, but I can help with grammar and referencing etc. Send it to me when you're ready, along with your mark scheme, and I'll do my best! :)

would you mind me sending you my essay I've just finished, it's less than 2k words I just need a second opinion on whether it's coherent, makes sense and the grammar is ok lol.

I salute your grandma! That is a strong act and warms my heart to read.

Sorry for the late response. I didn´t get a message...

It wasn´t my Grandma. It was a story from the newspaper of that day and I just thought it was awesome :).

(But having said that my own (atheist) Grandma never had a problem with the girlfriend of my aunt. So she was awesome, too. :))

My paper just got accepted in a PhD conference/workshop organized by major environmental studies department here in Berlin. Wooo! This is really good for me because 1. I am studying at a Fachhochschule (more like a polytechnic - maybe the Germans can explain it better) and not a full university and 2. I am only doing my Masters studies and not a PhD. And 3. I am doing a critique of ocean policies using primitive accumulation/ critical political economy. (In general, Marxist theories tend to be marginalized in the academe). 4. This is my 2nd career so I feel quite encouraged that I'm on the right track.

I'm gonna go to the biergarten right now!

:cheers:

Awesome! Does this mean that all that's left is the dissertation?

for the moment yes!!! a bit of revision for exams as well but i hand in my dissertation 6th may and my first exam is 12 may so i have enough time to revise without worrying i should be working on my dissertation instead ahah

The forum seems to be up and running fine again on Taptalk... which is always a plus.

Also have a lot of editting to do. A lot. I don't know how any of this is awesome, but I did also meet up with an old friend today, which was great.

Archived