What's really awesome today? v.2

Eyron

It's Friday and I go pick up my honeybees tomorrow. Yay!!!!

this is cool :)

some commercial bee farmers who steal all bees honey and give them sugar water and cut corners to make more money really upset me but i really like the idea of ameteur beekeepers - seems pretty neat - bees are so cool!!!!!

this is cool :)

some commercial bee farmers who steal all bees honey and give them sugar water and cut corners to make more money really upset me but i really like the idea of ameteur beekeepers - seems pretty neat - bees are so cool!!!!!

Well, I'm going to feed mine some sugar water, but it will also have vitamins and vegamins in it to make them strong and happy.

Going to pick up the honeybees in an hour. I'm so excited! I'm getting nervous, though...worried about their feed, worried about working the smoker....it's all very exciting.

The good news is I've been binge watching honeybee installations and the bees seem to do their thing in spite of the bumbling humans, so I think I'm okay.

Well, I'm going to feed mine some sugar water, but it will also have vitamins and vegamins in it to make them strong and happy.

Ah; sorry - i didn't mean to come across bitchy and you probably know a lot more about them than i do tbh

i really like bees though, i think they're v fascinating

Ah; sorry - i didn't mean to come across bitchy and you probably know a lot more about them than i do tbh

i really like bees though, i think they're v fascinating

You didn't at all!!! No worries. :love:

Bees are installed!!!! Yay!!!!

I keep going out there worrying they'll all fly away.

Double Yay!!! <insert Snoopy Happy Dance>

Have you got one of those cool headgear thingies with the netting?

I'm living as a beekeeper vicariously through you. Just think - you're following in the steps of the most famous beekeeper of them all... Sherlock Holmes!

ETA: Oh, I almost forgot. The people who study these things think they found what's causing the colony collapse problem that's wiping out bee populations. They've found a tiny mite that inhabits the honeycombs. I'll see if I can find a link later on that explains it in detail.

Got a full day at work and a three hour drive after that...but the drive is to Disney World for the weekend and a cabin full of an inadvisable amount of alcohol and also my friends.

I've got my first ever PAID DAY OFF on Monday and I couldn't be more ready for this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived