why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

Because D&D thought it would be too 'cliche' (That word again) to bring her back in the show. So they're promptly ressurecting The Mountain instead so he can save Cersei because it's what the viewers want, duh.

/s over.

I actually cannot believe we've all apparently to just forget the Riverlands and the BwB, etc. And for what? Dorne?! The most lackluster uneventful scenes I've ever seen in the show to date.

Because D&D thought it would be too 'cliche' (That word again) to bring her back in the show. So they're promptly ressurecting The Mountain instead so he can save Cersei because it's what the viewers want, duh.

/s over.

I actually cannot believe we've all apparently to just forget the Riverlands and the BwB, etc. And for what? Dorne?! The most lackluster uneventful scenes I've ever seen in the show to date.

They are doing casting next season which leads me to believe they are introducing the Riverlands storylines next season. A lot that they have cut they are just really holding off till next season. So in reality the only full storyline they really cut was (f)Aegon and his crew.

Honestly, what's bothering me most is the fact that the Freys (aside from Fat Walda) have been completely omitted this season. Next season better have Freys dying all over the place or I'm going to be bummed.

Honestly, what's bothering me most is the fact that the Freys (aside from Fat Walda) have been completely omitted this season. Next season better have Freys dying all over the place or I'm going to be bummed.

Plot dropped. Like so many others.

Well, we wouldn't have D&D's hot potato game otherwise:

"Hot Potato: D&D’s favorite game! Let’s set up plotlines and forget about them! Who’s Gendry? What happened to the Brotherhood Without Banners? Does anyone in-verse even remember the Red Wedding? We don’t know and they don’t care to!"

Source: http://theculturalvacuum.tumblr.com/post/116816249708/the-book-snob-glossary

Well, we wouldn't have D&D's hot potato game otherwise:

"Hot Potato: D&D’s favorite game! Let’s set up plotlines and forget about them! Who’s Gendry? What happened to the Brotherhood Without Banners? Does anyone in-verse even remember the Red Wedding? We don’t know and they don’t care to!"

Source: http://theculturalvacuum.tumblr.com/post/116816249708/the-book-snob-glossary

OMG, I'm going to be giggling about that for awhile.

I previously wrote the basis for why I think Lord Commander Jon of the Night’s Watch will turn dark and become "Lord Commander of the Wights Watch" (HT:princesscatsweater)

When Catelyn was brought back by “R’hilor” magic she turned into a vengful spirit monster focused on getting revenge on the people that killed her. She has lost her humanity. The reason GRRM wrote her in is not because she plays an important role, she really hasn’t up to now. It is to prevent a deus ex machina with unJon. He laid an established path for Jon to take a darker rode. To become Night’s King after he was murdered by his “brothers.”

Berric died his “first” death in battle where his death wouldn’t be a shock. Both Jon and Cate died deaths of shocking unexpected betrayal. That is a big difference. How Berric came back is not relevant. It is only written in there to lull you into confidence that everything will be ok once Jon’s spirit comes back from ghost etc. We are in for a shocking and bumpy road. GRRM slaughters families at a wedding, makes regular living men bite off chunks of Brienne’s face and eat it. GRRM sacrifices the lives of our favorite characters to please the Black Goat of Qohor. Jon is dead. Long unLive King Aemon… Um… Can Others pronounce “Targaryen”?

The show doesn't have much time for a plot device that is not about her.

Plot postponed.

Maybe. Or maybe it'll be another "God, we got everything wrong on a very basic level with the writing of it ... a major, major plot point that we had somehow failed to establish" from D&D.

If they wanted to keep the Freys in the loop, they should have kept one or two with the Boltons, Lame Lothar and his pal. But no, there is no Manderly, no Stoneheart, no Riverlands. Probably the Boltons will be done soon. If Stannis win his battle. Tywin is dead too. Only Walder Frey would justify a return to the RW events. And I suppose everyone should think Edumre is dead too. The North remembers seems yet another empty promise now.

Thank you for the link, liked it a lot.

It's not about what the viewers will find more interesting, it's which storyline is more important to the plot.

And what is this 'plot' you are talking about?

I was of the impression, that there never has been something like an overarching plot in this series. ASoIaF, but also the TV series Game of Thrones, both tell the many different stories of dozens of individual characters and maybe someday, all these different plot lines will merge into something bigger, but maybe not. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, if some POV characters and their storylines don't have any impact on the outcome; but that doesn't mean that they have no reason or right to exist.

In the books, but especially in AFfC, we spend so much time in the Riverlands, basically all of Brienne's and Jaime's stuff takes place there. You don't really believe that all of this is irrelevant, and instead, the freaking Sand Snakes doing basically nothing for an entire season is more 'important' and thus, had to be included at all cost.

David and Dan are competent writers, but the changes have completely gotten out of hand this season. They have turned the show into something that very much resembles fanfiction. I still do enjoy the show for the most part, because the actors are great and the visuals and the music are outstanding. Also every now and then, they do something grand and epic, like Hardhome - but honestly, I'd prefer a more faithful adaptation of my favourite series of books. But that's not what Game of Thrones is, not anymore, and that's kinda sad, in my opinion.

Lady Stoneheart is just one of many amazing characters and storylines we'll never see on the show. Personally I think it is very unfortunate and kinda disappointing, that David and Dan would rather spend their limited resources, be it the budget or screen time, on superfluous stuff like that worthless Missandei/Greyworm romance, or on the Sand Snakes, who are beyond ridiculous on the show - instead of concentrating on adapting the stuff that is actually in the books and that a lot of people care about.

And what is this 'plot' you are talking about?

I was of the impression, that there never has been something like an overarching plot in this series. ASoIaF, but also the TV series Game of Thrones, both tell the many different stories of dozens of individual characters and maybe someday, all these different plot lines will merge into something bigger, but maybe not. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, if some POV characters and their storylines don't have any impact on the outcome; but that doesn't mean that they have no reason or right to exist.

In the books, but especially in AFfC, we spend so much time in the Riverlands, basically all of Brienne's and Jaime's stuff takes place there. You don't really believe that all of this is irrelevant, and instead, the freaking Sand Snakes doing basically nothing for an entire season is more 'important' and thus, had to be included at all cost.

David and Dan are competent writers, but the changes have completely gotten out of hand this season. They have turned the show into something that very much resembles fanfiction. I still do enjoy the show for the most part, because the actors are great and the visuals and the music are outstanding. Also every now and then, they do something grand and epic, like Hardhome - but honestly, I'd prefer a more faithful adaptation of my favourite series of books. But that's not what Game of Thrones is, not anymore, and that's kinda sad, in my opinion.

Lady Stoneheart is just one of many amazing characters and storylines we'll never see on the show. Personally I think it is very unfortunate and kinda disappointing, that David and Dan would rather spend their limited resources, be it the budget or screen time, on superfluous stuff like that worthless Missandei/Greyworm romance, or on the Sand Snakes, who are beyond ridiculous on the show - instead of concentrating on adapting the stuff that is actually in the books and that a lot of people care about.

As you said, eventually all of the plots are going to merge. The question is which storyline will have a bigger impact on the merged plot. IMO, Dorne is in a better position because they have a large army with the motivation and means to cause havoc against the Lannisters. I'm not contesting that Dorne has been disappointing this season so far, though I'm still holding out hope for the Jaime/Doran conversation that seems to be happening this Sunday. I was contesting that D&D chose Dorne over the Riverlands because they thought it would be interesting.

I don't believe the Riverlands were a waste of time in the books because they helped develop Jaime and Brienne's characters. However, it barely moved the plot an inch.

I'm not pretending to hold all the answers and I do have high expectations for LSH in the next two books. I've never really been a big fan of resurrections so I'm expecting her to be a game changer. If Martin simply brought her back to service Jaime and Brienne's characters, I'll be disappointed.

Maybe. Or maybe it'll be another "God, we got everything wrong on a very basic level with the writing of it ... a major, major plot point that we had somehow failed to establish" from D&D.

It's confirmed that Walder Frey and his family appear in S6, so yeah postponed.

If we're honest Lady Stoneheart wouldn't have worked on screen. They would have had to do a really lame cliffhanger where the episode ends with the reveal of a zombie Catelyn. The show only viewers would be up in arms about how stupid it was.

Archived