why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

24 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Damorian, I suspect that McElhatton is hinting at the return of Sandor Clegane.

I thought the same, but he also says something about episodes 2 and 3.....so unless Sandor returns in episode 3, he is referring to seasons 2 and 3

On May 5, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Damorian said:

Merci. And not to stoke the coal fires of that hype train I do so love to hate, but .... further sleuthing from the top here reveals daddy Bolton talking about someone coming back from the past - "and I'm not talking about the obvious one" (i.e: Jon) to avenge "certain deeds that were done in episodes (presumably he means seasons) two and three".

Curiouser and curiouser .... :blushing:

Not sure that Sandor Clegane would count as an avenger.

Catelyn Stark, though, certainly is.

Or whoever is pulling the marionette strings on her corpse.

36 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Not sure that Sandor Clegane would count as an avenger.

Catherine Stark, though, certainly is.

Or whoever is pulling the marionette strings on her corpse.

Yeah, was about to say the same about Sandor not fitting a revenge fuelled arc.

The audience knows relatively f all about Sandor and Gregor's feud in terms what's been shown to them, so while it will be entertaining, Sandor's revenge will hardly be something that the audience has been clamouring for.

Since McElhatton's done as if episode 2, I don't imagine he's talking about anything more than the fact that Ramsay stabbed Roose pretty much in a direct mirror to Roose stabbing Robb. IMO, of course, but he wouldn't have seen scripts or the scenes after he was done.

7 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

Since McElhatton's done as if episode 2, I don't imagine he's talking about anything more than the fact that Ramsay stabbed Roose pretty much in a direct mirror to Roose stabbing Robb. IMO, of course, but he wouldn't have seen scripts or the scenes after he was done.

Bu Ramsay killing Roose is an strange way of revenge......he doesn't kill him because he wants revenge for the Red wedding...

and he says...old characters returning (not the obvious one)....certain deeds...revenge for those.... I read it as related to the characters from the past connected to revenge.

But It's not very clear tough.

I've been hoping for a LSH reveal ever since season 4 started, and everything points to a season 6 reveal. But of course D&D can be absolute d bags so I'm not expecting anything. 

At first I thought Jon turning

Spoiler

hangman

signalled her sure demise, but he seemed so gutted (and non-vengeful) to be doing it that a f*cked up, vengeful counterpoint wouldn't necessarily feel a retread.

As for Oathbreaker, damn that was a shame not to get that in there thematically, but as was said: until characters hit the Riverlands, impossible to say how events there will pan out.

Maybe she was not so major character (Catelyn was but she was not her). She appears just in one Brienne chapter. They talk about her in more Brienne chapters but let's be real, they talk about so many people and places we barely or have never seen in the books.

14 hours ago, Sveto said:

Maybe she was not so major character (Catelyn was but she was not her). She appears just in one Brienne chapter. They talk about her in more Brienne chapters but let's be real, they talk about so many people and places we barely or have never seen in the books.

she's a major character. she's a major character because the life/death of another major character Jaime Lannister, lies in her hands in TWOW as Brienne is leading him to a shitshow. Whether or not Brienne saves him and offs LSH at that point remains to be seen, but she is an issue that needs to be dealth with in the books and is bound to have an everlasting effect, regardless of what comes out of that pending ménage à trois. 

On 9/5/2016 at 11:35 AM, Damorian said:

At first I thought Jon turning

Reveal hidden contents

hangman

signalled her sure demise, but he seemed so gutted (and non-vengeful) to be doing it that a f*cked up, vengeful counterpoint wouldn't necessarily feel a retread.

As for Oathbreaker, damn that was a shame not to get that in there thematically, but as was said: until characters hit the Riverlands, impossible to say how events there will pan out.

well Jon turning

Spoiler

hangman may be a way to make show watchers understand  that this will be the type of execution of the season. It's a new way of killing people in GOT, after all. I don't remember having seet it before.

After all we have to be constantly reminded of The Hound too....exact scene as last season...it's like..ok!!! The hound will reappear!

The titles don't match LSH but anything can happen. RV not explored yet.

So based on the trailer for 'The Door', Littefinger meets with Sansa next week, and therefore presumably encounters Jon to boot.

It's therefore a safe bet to say that neither of them are the individual causing him to look as though he's soiled himself in that older trailer clip of him stood at the snowbound Godswood (unless, perhaps, one or other of them has by that point has unearthed the truth about Jon Arryn?)

Answers on a postcard as to who it could therefore be ....

12 minutes ago, Damorian said:

Tis the Winterfell Godswood, apparently. Someone screen capped it, thusly:

http://i.imgur.com/AmrAd7r.png

That said, it would be quite amusing if it turned out to be a random patch of forest as you say, and they basically just reused the set with different lighting in the hope no one would notice! :D

Welcome to the world of TV/movies. This happens ALL the time. Sets and locations are expensive, so you reuse as much as you can. But you might still be correct in this instance.

As soon as they hit The Riverlands and we even start to hear about the BWB off screen - we'll know. They'd have to plant the seeds of set up that while relatively innocent to non-readers would be red rags to book folk.

We already know there will be outlaw/Riverlands/Riverrun content in episodes 8-10 but it already starts to get interesting in 6-7 as Brienne and Jaime hit the road and the Meribald stuff plays out. Any brief mentions in the context of war and the broken men speech from Meribald or any tavern convo from this point in the season could sketch in a quick detail that could be the smoking gun, like: Freys are being hung with salt stuffed in their mouths, the BWB have a female leader, Thoros is despairing, etc, etc.

My theory on Kaye is that if we don't see him in 7, 8 or 9, he is in the last few minutes of episode 10 and Stoneheart the final scene: hence why they kept his recasting secret.

But much more likely he shows up before then, they team the BWB up with Blackfish or Arya for some rushed, bloody RW 2.0 fare and she's the elephant in the room again. Much as I'm liking a lot of the showrunner's choices this year, I just don't trust them on this character, or at least, if they DO use aspects of her in the show: keeping those intact.

But if there's one good thing about this season on the LSH front, it's that one way or another - the speculation ends.

Archived