why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

And the way she says her statement is like she is saying...I'm using a new face....... (that would be the logical thinking)

But if it's that (the jump) then it's not obvious,.

It's a preschool game.

50 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

No clue? Really? Come on! It's her hair! Who else could be? We are not talking about quick images but one about Braavosi hairstyles!!!!

And then those casual viewers why would ask whether Jon is alive or not all the time? They didn't have access to the leaks,?

Sorry, but I can't buy that

I know some people may not know but those who watch the trailer......I think the majority will have known it's her.

I think you're overestimating how much people pay attention to trailers. To them, it would be just a series of flashes of events that will happen this season. The casual viewer isn't going to break down the trailer and decipher every piece. I doubt the majority even registered the girl jumping off the balcony, seeing as there were far more impressive events happening in the trailer. Even if they did, they are not going to put any effort in figuring out who it is.

13 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

I think you're overestimating how much people pay attention to trailers. To them, it would be just a series of flashes of events that will happen this season. The casual viewer isn't going to break down the trailer and decipher every piece. I doubt the majority even registered the girl jumping off the balcony, seeing as there were far more impressive events happening in the trailer. Even if they did, they are not going to put any effort in figuring out who it is.

Pretty much exactly this. The casual viewer, which there are tons of, probably didn't even go out of their way to even look for a trailer. If they say it pop up on HBO one night then great, but they aren't seeking it, so they are not breaking down these trailers frame by frame.

2 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

I think the majority of people noticed it was Arya's.

At least her fans. Because...who else could be? A Random girl? No way.

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Pretty much exactly this. The casual viewer, which there are tons of, probably didn't even go out of their way to even look for a trailer. If they say it pop up on HBO one night then great, but they aren't seeking it, so they are not breaking down these trailers frame by frame.

But I don't think the casual viewers would try to decipher their game. This game is for those who are real fans. Those who will read the news of the game they are doingand those who have watched the trailer at least two times. And I don't think the casual viewer who want to watch the trailer again would have much difficulty seeing this is Arya. So, if it's that easy, that statement is very very obvious. What's the point in including it?

On May 20, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Mister Stoneheart said:

I can see Walder Frey getting his comeuppance.  Mountain, maybe.  Cersei, not really.  Not yet.

Fairley said she filmed in Iceland for GoT one day (a hot day) and there were 2 unusually hot days in August 2015 and none in September or October.  But she was in a show during that time, so.....

http://imgur.com/PMkTH1O (column on left, she mentions filming in Northern Ireland and one particularly hot day in Iceland.  I don't believe she's ever filmed in Iceland before?)

Fingers crossed, but it IS possible she said IRELAND, and not ICELAND, and something got lost in the translation.  Still, a hot day in ICELAND is more...unique--particularly in the mid 70s.

She does not in that interview say that those were 2015 filming days for Thrones.  She simply mentions that all of her stuff she ever did for Thrones she did in Northern Ireland but for one ridiculously warm day in Iceland.  She didn't say those were filming days for something not yet aired, nor, given the remainder of the article, does it in any way seem likely that this was what she meant.

But don't let that dash your hopes!!

It turns out that there does exist a piece of evidence that seems incredibly suggestive.  Back on May 12th, the site called "Square Eyed TV" published an article that carried the text shown in your image link above.  

That article has been taken down! :ph34r:

It is no longer even in that site’s archives for that date.

But like the North, the Internet remembers.  That article is still alive and kicking, for now, in Google’s cache here. Save a copy of the article while you can from the cached version!  Those expire quickly enough.

This ninja take-down is the strongest possible hint yet that what we did not think was happening is happening.  HBO has been nothing short of vociferous in their take-downs of spoiler materials; witness what happened on YouTube with their falsified DMCA claims that were later reversed.  

The article was not retracted. It was not amended. It was “disappeared”.  There are exactly zero other copies of the imgur article’s text anywhere in Google save for in that disappeared article.  Just how likely is that, I ask you?

Make of that what you will.  I know I certainly shall.

Here's the text of the damningly taken-down article from Square Eyed TV:

Lady Stoneheart: Michelle Fairley discusses possibility of Game of Thrones return

You need to give up hope on Lady Stoneheart appearing in Game of Thrones season 6. Those are the brutal words of The AV Club, who report that Michelle Fairley has bagged herself another high-profile television role, with the Northern Irish actress set to portray Lady Margaret Beaufort, mother of Henry VII in The White Princess.

The star, who is known to the Game of Thrones fanbase as Catelyn Stark, has signed on in a key role and could mean that she doesn’t have time to re-appear in her horrifying, vengeful reincarnation in Westeros, if you go by the AV Club mode of thinking.

However, the ever-dependable Winter Is Coming dug up this interview with Fairley in an unspecified publication, where she makes some interesting comments regarding Lady Stoneheart and her potential return to the HBO giant at some point. The date of this interview is unknown but some of the questions are centred on Rebellion, a mini-series which was released to coincide with the Easter Rising’s 100th anniversary in April, so we have reason to believe it’s recent.

When quizzed if she still gets asked Stoneheart-related questions, Fairley gave this answer:

“I do actually. I do. But I never said that—something became lost in translation. People expected that character to appear at a certain point in the story because I am told that is what happened in the books. But the show is taking a different path. You can’t show all the little details. It’s not an easy character, she’s not a zombie. I always knew she wouldn’t come back then. You have to get a sense of the loss this family has been through for the payoff to make sense. And as is always the case with this show, you have to be careful what kind of payoff you wish for.”

Then, asked if she ruled out a return to the show eventually, Fairley replied “I don’t know. I heard there might be a clue in the new series. So we’ll just have to watch the darned thing, won’t we?”

Hmmm, that sounds excitingly ambiguous to us. What do you think? We still believe there’s a very strong possibility of Fairley returning to Westeros as Lady Stoneheart to exact revenge on the Freys and give us the Red Wedding 2.0 we all want to see.

A plea to site ASOIAF moderators: If my posting this is in any way a violation of your terms of service, I am not aware of it and so in the event it was, then please accept my most sincere apologies — I most humbly beg your forgiveness for said hypothetical transgression if any such exists.

You make an interesting case CrypticWeirwood, but the equally likely scenario for them taking that particular piece down is that the source article they used couldnt be substantiated as authentic.

I traced that imgur cap. to a poster on WOTW a couple of weeks ago to ask for more info as to the publication date, etc. Nothing.

That doesn't mean the poster in question was lying as they seemed pretty genuine to me and probably just didn't see my post in order to reply, as I was quite late to the thread. Nor does it mean that the 'Belfast drama special' it's purportedly from isn't real (though no one, to date, has been able to prove to me it actually is. There's your 'smoking gun', if you can find it.)

But since the original publication (let alone one article in it) is STILL proving bizarrely impossible to trace, it being a doctored article, alas, cannot be ruled out.

I want to believe, but sadly my gut feeling is that somewhere, somehow, this may be yet another elaborate LSH hoax.

*EDIT*: Oh, and to my knowledge: WIC haven't front-paged that article, so I don't know where you're getting that they officially dug it up. It first turned up there, second hand, from a poster in one or other of the comments sections around the same time as it appeared on WOTW earlier this month. That was all, iirc, and another reason for me doubting it, in so far as neither of 'the big two' sites flagged it up or took a bite.

But if you have a link suggesting otherwise, fair play. :thumbsup: Most regular posters in this thread will probably know by now that I'm a big fan of the character, so no one hopes I'm wrong in this instance more than me.

21 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I want to believe they wouldn't miss the golden oportunity of shocking everyone.

but ..... But..........

well..... We will see.

I'm with you on all that.

The question posed to Michelle Fairley in the unsourced publication that she allegedly answered as I quoted above was:

Fans of the show are still disappointed Lady Stoneheart was eliminated from the show. Do you still get questions about it even after you denied coming back to the show?

It's really very interesting how she says that she never said that and that something became lost in translation.

If there was a season for it, it is this one, the one that corresponds to what originally going to be titled A Time for Wolves until Martin changed it because it was too much of a spoiler that the Starks would begin to take their revenge for all Greek tragedy perpetrated against them.

We're seen plenty of folks from the show out and out lie to us about things like this.  You get the feeling that Fairley, although not giving much away, wasn't doing that, because if she's been coached to flat out deny stuff, she would have. Instead Fairly says:

It's not an easy character, she's not a zombie. I always knew she wasn't coming back then.

Notice how different that is then if she had said this:

It's not an easy character, she's a zombie. I always knew she wasn't ever coming back.

Big difference.

I don't think LSH will appear, much as I'd like to see her. But if she does, maybe they wanted to wait until after Jon's resurrection, so as to not spoil that, and maybe even the re-shuffling of the RL storyline has to do with that as well. :eek:

18 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

We're seen plenty of folks from the show out and out lie to us about things like this.  You get the feeling that Fairley, although not giving much away, wasn't doing that, because if she's been coached to flat out deny stuff, she would have. Instead Fairly says:

It's not an easy character, she's not a zombie. I always knew she wasn't coming back then.

Notice how different that is then if she had said this:

It's not an easy character, she's a zombie. I always knew she wasn't ever coming back.

Big difference.

what she actually said in the past:

You couldn’t have missed the online furor over the lack of Lady Stoneheart in the Thrones finale. Were you surprised by that attention?
I actually haven’t seen any of that. I don’t look that stuff up. I avoid it like the plague. I was totally unaware.

There was a lot of online conversation. I heard third-hand that you were basically told that it’s not likely to ever happen. Is that accurate?
Yeah, the character’s dead. She’s dead.

Do you have a preference at all—do you think Catelyn’s arc should end where it ended, or would you be into the resurrection idea?
You respect the writers’ decision. I knew the arc, and that was it. They can’t stick to the books 100 percent. It’s impossible—they only have 10 hours per season. They have got to keep it dramatic and exciting, and extraneous stuff along the way gets lost in order to maintain the quality of brilliant show.

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/06/25/michelle-fairley-24-lady-stoneheart

She has never denied LSH returning, only that Cat's arc had ended. She's dead. Cat is dead as a character. LSH is not Cat.

They have to keep it dramatic and exciting (only 10 hours per season).

The only discouraging things was: "extraneous stuff". 

and surfing the Internet I also found:

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/06/16/game-of-thrones-why-no-lady-stoneheart

Here we have Lena's pic about LSH...

and...

Alex Graves saying interesting things:

Graves continued: “They [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] have such a challenge adapting the books into a really focused television experience. It’s very hard, it’s very complicated, it’s much harder then they’ve been given credit for, I think – and they do a brilliant job. But to bring back Michelle Fairley, one of the greatest actresses around, to be a zombie for a little while – and just kill people? It is really sort of, what are we doing with that? How does it play into the whole story in a way that we’re really going to like? It just didn’t end up being a part of what was going to happen this season.  ....

But what’s funny is that it was never going to be in the season, yet it took off on the Internet like it was going to happen.”

We then asked Graves if there’s any chance of the Lady appearing next season. “As somebody who’s worked deep inside the show, begged to have an answer and wants more than anybody, I have no idea,” he said. “They won’t tell me. They’re very good at being secretive.

and also another cahracter not returning?

Spoiler

Graves also suggested that The Hound will not be coming back after Arya left him to die on that hillside. “As far as The Hound, as I told the story … he’s gone. How is he going to survive that? The real point of it was that she walks away, it wasn’t that it’s left open ended.”

Ian mcShanne suggested that

Spoiler

the Hound would return

2 hours ago, kalle said:

I really hope she isnt come back, it was bad in the books , it will be even worse in the show, please, just no

I’m sure that everybody would prefer that the dead stayed dead.  Just ask Alliser Thorne and Olly.  Or the Hardhome refugees.

Too true. I have a similar split going on, tbh. Realist in me refuses to get bitten on the ass fourth year in a row, but the more hopeful idealist keeps returning to the fact this is the ONLY year all her plot elements are in place.

Those reddit thread spoilers about Thoros-

Spoiler

fighting and losing to The Hound, after attacking McShane's group

- prove or disprove nothing, really - true or false. From what I've heard, that spoiler dude held back on saying anything 'bout the Freys, or the finale for that matter. Casting call for "Bower: numb to the horror he serves?" Let's not forget that guy, either. Or the recast Lame Lothar having a significant role in three episodes, one of which may well be 6x10?

Even if it's Arya who eventually takes out Walder, there's more Freys in the mix that could play into the outlaw hanging angle, and still a shitload of unaccounted for info yet to be spoilt by the cyber-moles on reddit. Hopefully, it stays that way and we can all just stay up late again to toast a final round of disappointment in the small hours on the 26th June.  :cheers:

Ultimately, of course, the loyal Stoneheart Truthers may tragically mirror their heroes ... having initially started a support group to spread justice, we will invevitably descend into random trolling, creepy pop-up appearances in the epilogues of unrelated threads and general debauchery, until like Thoros, we all become raging alcoholics. :stunned:

Archived