why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

Just when I thought I was out they *pull* me back in.

Genuinely wasn't expecting momentum to get behind this again, as the speculation that it will be

Arya that delivers justice on the Freys, and that The Hound will kill Thoros, had me resigned to defeat.

I can't watch the clip as I'm in work but from the sounds of things, if taking it at face value, I'd call it an underwhelming intro. Then again, it's a bit ridiculous to take such a clip in isolation and not in context.

16 hours ago, Damorian said:

“in zombie get-up”  was just me paraphrasing. He repeatedly refers to her as a wight (he's a non book reader & doesn't know who LSH is) and ....

Reveal hidden contents

... as a main cast actress who was in seasons 1-3 a lot. He also mentions buzz on set re: Brienne having been killed in episode 7 or 8 prior to Battle of The Bastards, at the hands of "someone who is dead." If that iffy LSH clip is legit, I don't see it capping episode 7 where the final scene/reveal has got to be The Hound. Episode 8, imo, is most likely.

In other news, whether she shows up soon or not, this weeks Frey scene - besides obviously setting up Riverrun - could be construed as one long LSH set up, no? BWB confirmed to be leading raids on Frey camps? (and not disbanded as previously speculated.) Reminder who it was (Back Walder) who cut Cat's throat, in case the casual viewer had forgotten ...? :unsure:

Very interesting, to say the least

A setting up for LSH or a mock to book readers who desperately want her :)

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I still have hope, the BwB was mentioned last night, hatred of Walder Frey is building and since D and  D use teleportation and no story buildup it would be a perfect surprise in about episode 8.  LSH!

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't think that the showrunners are trolling their audience.  Remember when we saw Benjen in the S05x10 “previously on” and everybody said that the showrunners were just trolling us all and got a big kick out of it?  Well, we know now that was a true foreshadowing.  Plus they had to remind people of the person Olly claimed to be talking about.

They might not be telegraphing Catelyn’s return, but they surely have some purpose that isn’t trolling.

24 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

I still have hope, the BwB was mentioned last night, hatred of Walder Frey is building and since D and  D use teleportation and no story buildup it would be a perfect surprise in about episode 8.  LSH!

I hope it too. If she reappears, it will be a great suprise because nobody saw that coming, not even the official spoilers, to which I accidentally have read (some of them).

But if Benjen has reappeared and he has been 5 years in the North......and he was remembered in 5.10......

considering Walder Frey indirectly mentioned her again....I can see that as a possibility.

17 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I don't think that the showrunners are trolling their audience.  Remember when we saw Benjen in the S05x10 “previously on” and everybody said that the showrunners were just trolling us all and got a big kick out of it?  Well, we know now that was a true foreshadowing.  Plus they had to remind people of the person Olly claimed to be talking about.

They might not be telegraphing Catelyn’s return, but they surely have some purpose that isn’t trolling.

I really hope she appears. 

Don’t know if these are true or not (have the episode titles even been confirmed?), but from a thread on reddit, here are the (alleged) episode synopses for 8-10, taken from Sky Germany. Um … your attention to the bolded text in the finale (though if it’s just Jaime she meets, then obviously, we riot … :fencing:)

Anyway, deep breaths, people ... this could be big.

Spoiler

June 12: “No One”: Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) finds cause for concern. Cersei (Lena Headey) prepares for the worst. Sansa (Sophie Tuner) takes control. Arya (Maisie Williams) is not alone. Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.

June 19: “Battle of the Bastards”: Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) surprises his audience. Jon (Kit Harington) retaliates. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is true to her word. Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; directed by Miguel Sapochnik.

June 26: “The Winds of Winter”: A queen comes forth. Euron (Pilou Asbæk) reveals himself. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) meets a friend turned foe. King’s Landing awaits justice. The Night’s Watch gathers. Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; directed by Miguel Sapochnik.

10 minutes ago, Damorian said:

Don’t know if these are true or not (have the episode titles even been confirmed?), but from a thread on reddit, here are the (alleged) episode synopses for 8-10, taken from Sky Germany. Um … your attention to the bolded text in the finale (though if it’s just Jaime she meets, then obviously, we riot … :fencing:)

Anyway, deep breaths, people ... this could be big.

Hide contents

June 12: “No One”: Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) finds cause for concern. Cersei (Lena Headey) prepares for the worst. Sansa (Sophie Tuner) takes control. Arya (Maisie Williams) is not alone. Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.

June 19: “Battle of the Bastards”: Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) surprises his audience. Jon (Kit Harington) retaliates. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is true to her word. Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; directed by Miguel Sapochnik.

June 26: “The Winds of Winter”: A queen comes forth. Euron (Pilou Asbæk) reveals himself. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) meets a friend turned foe. King’s Landing awaits justice. The Night’s Watch gathers. Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss; directed by Miguel Sapochnik.

Spoiler

If that's true, it's far more likely for the 'friend turned foe' to be Jaime rather than Stoneheart.

Agreed. But not when you consider that old set report of her ...

Spoiler

... meeting Jaime in his tent at Riverrun, presumably while the siege is still going on, before storming off. So presumably that happens either episode 7 or 8 - pre the Frey/Lannister celebrations seen in the trailer anyway. Maybe someone can remind me what episode that was rumoured to be, cuz I’ve clean forgotten. If we can nail down that she meets him sooner, we may have solved the mystery.

1 hour ago, Damorian said:

Agreed. But not when you consider that old set report of her ...

Reveal hidden contents

... meeting Jaime in his tent at Riverrun, presumably while the siege is still going on, before storming off. So presumably that happens either episode 7 or 8 - pre the Frey/Lannister celebrations seen in the trailer anyway. Maybe someone can remind me what episode that was rumoured to be, cuz I’ve clean forgotten. If we can nail down that she meets him sooner, we may have solved the mystery.

Spoiler

I think it refers to Ser Jaime

My understanding is that the Jaime and Brienne meeting is earlier.

Spoiler

Brienne and Jaime meet up in Episode 7.  Bronn apparently playfully accosts Pod at the Lannister camp outside Riverrun.  Apparently, Brienne meets Jaime and tells him everything that is happening up North and requests his help and Jaime doesn't believe her. 

LSH or not they seem to be making Jaime's fall more straightforward in the show. From the look of things he's not going to find out about Cersei's infidelity so will part on good terms, while Jaime has very much made his allegiance clear as of late.

If Brienne has to cut him down, it will be tragic on her part, but I think once again the show will portray Brienne's actions as just.

Jaikme is supposed to meet a hero in the next episode. If that hero is Brienne......episode 10 could be massive.

If not.....then, still possible.

Even if that foe is Jaime, it's still in the realms of the possibility that they meet, but then both of them meet LSH

19 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Jaikme is supposed to met a hero in the next episode. If that hero is Brienne......episode 10 could be massive.

If not.....then, still possible.

The showrunners like to make the final two episodes massive every year, and there's no reason that this year would be an exception to that.

• Episode nine should be focused almost exclusively on Winterfell for the biggest bombshell (or at least the biggest battle) of the season. These big battles take forever to shoot. 

• Following that there will likely be some denouement of episode nine in the last episode, but mostly episode ten should be a whole set of bombshells going off in a bunch of the other plot lines.

Considering that the showrunners have said they thought that there were only thirteen or fourteen more episodes left after this year, they'll need to do a huge amount of collapsing of plots each currently strewn across several locations.  I expect up to a third of the “main cast” to die their final deaths by the time the episode ten credits roll this year.   Next year may well involve only half the locations this year did.

Brienne is rumored to meet Jaime either next episode or the following (7 or 8).  She can't re-meet an old friend turned foe in episode 10--she's already met him.

What other friends does she have?  Catelyn, only.

Now, honestly, there are a lot of descriptive sentences in that episode 10 synopsis--more than usual---so someone might just have inserted it in there for fun and giggles and to keep our wheels spinning.

Also, if for some reason Brienne does not meet Jaime and we're at episode 10--well, then he's clearly the friend turned foe.

55 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Brienne is rumored to meet Jaime either next episode or the following (7 or 8).  She can't re-meet an old friend turned foe in episode 10--she's already met him.

What other friends does she have?  Catelyn, only.

Now, honestly, there are a lot of descriptive sentences in that episode 10 synopsis--more than usual---so someone might just have inserted it in there for fun and giggles and to keep our wheels spinning.

Also, if for some reason Brienne does not meet Jaime and we're at episode 10--well, then he's clearly the friend turned foe.

instead of her platonic love

Archived