why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

I think tonight's episode revived the possibility of her eventual appearance. At the very least someone new should be leading the Brotherhood, for them to have turned to murdering unarmed people for...food? Of course the show could have it be a non-zombie leader.

On 6/1/2016 at 4:04 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Ok, due to that report about George my chances of LSH have dropped from 15% to 0-5% again.

5%? Why? Because we still don't know which was the exact question.

George also said (last year) LSH was one of the characters that were cut from the show.

While it's possible Martin has some insider knowledge on this subject, it's also possible he just assumed she's not going to appear because she hasn't already. It's even possible that in the course of planning the endgame of the series the show's writers changed their minds about Lady Stoneheart. Maybe some character(s) needed an adversary to stall them while other plots caught up, and she was chosen. 

The Brotherhood seem terribly evil now--I don't see any purpose for LSH as a woman on a revenge mission--which makes it entirely possible that she may appear, because D and D hate book themes and love shock.

The only plus evidence for her return is in the description of Episode 10: Brienne meets an old friend turned foe.

But what would LSH's purpose be?  

'You promised me my daughters!'

'Ma'am, I found one,  She's safe.  The other fled.'

'But your sword---!HISS!'

'Ma'am, Jaime gave it to me and expressly said I was to use it in search of your daughters.'

'Oh'

'I also spoke with your Uncle, to reunite his cause with the Starks in the North, to bring back the Stark and Tully name.'

'Oh, that's really nice of you, Brienne.'

'Can I go now?'

'BRAIIIIINNNNNSSSSSS!!!'

The BWB being totally evil is the best evidence they might introduce Stoneheart.

They've already trashed Ned's character with the Tower of Joy flashback, Jon and Sansa are nitwits who can't even convince a child to follow them, LOL.  So bringing back an EVIL undead Cat Stark would be right in line.

Also, now that we know that Brienne is meeting Jaime next episode, the "old friend turned foe" from 6x10 might just be LS. 

57 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

The Brotherhood seem terribly evil now--I don't see any purpose for LSH as a woman on a revenge mission--which makes it entirely possible that she may appear, because D and D hate book themes and love shock.

The only plus evidence for her return is in the description of Episode 10: Brienne meets an old friend turned foe.

But what would LSH's purpose be?  

'You promised me my daughters!'

'Ma'am, I found one,  She's safe.  The other fled.'

'But your sword---!HISS!'

'Ma'am, Jaime gave it to me and expressly said I was to use it in search of your daughters.'

'Oh'

'I also spoke with your Uncle, to reunite his cause with the Starks in the North, to bring back the Stark and Tully name.'

'Oh, that's really nice of you, Brienne.'

'Can I go now?'

'BRAIIIIINNNNNSSSSSS!!!'

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

The BWB being totally evil is the best evidence they might introduce Stoneheart.

They've already trashed Ned's character with the Tower of Joy flashback, Jon and Sansa are nitwits who can't even convince a child to follow them, LOL.  So bringing back an EVIL undead Cat Stark would be right in line.

Yeah this is the only way they'd ever do it

17 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Also, now that we know that Brienne is meeting Jaime next episode, the "old friend turned foe" from 6x10 might just be LS. 

Isn't Arya supposed to be headed out to the Riverlands mid to end of season, too? There was a rumour, or some such thing, floating around in early September, if I recall correctly. Well, according to Graves these two are "weirdos", so there might have been a time when they'd just hug it out like old pals, because, why not...

9 minutes ago, Étoile du Soir said:

Isn't Arya supposed to be headed out to the Riverlands mid to end of season, too? There was a rumour, or some such thing, floating around in early September, if I recall correctly. Well, according to Graves these two are "weirdos", so there might have been a time when they'd just hug it out like old pals, because, why not...

Oh, I'd thought about that, but dismissed it because they're not friends...but as you say, they seem to have rather peculiar definition of friendship, so that might be it. 

Now, would she be her foe because she eventually sides with Jaime ?

17 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Oh, I'd thought about that, but dismissed it because they're not friends...but as you say, they seem to have rather peculiar definition of friendship, so that might be it. 

Now, would she be her foe because she eventually sides with Jaime ?

Yes, that's probably the best guess I can put my mind to at present, that they might too be thinking their way around some semblance of interpretation in the broadest senses of the term. Could be vaguely idiomatic, too. (It cannot possibly be Sandor, though he's, of late, taken a turn for the worse, what else is left to do on GoT, and she'd never bother making a friend of his like, quite the opposite.)

Something else I just remembered, in the preview for the episode ahead, we do get to see Brienne rowing away from Riverrun castle, and she does not strike me as particularly happy to do so. Might be she's putting the carnage that is set to come about behind her for the time being, potentially worrying her head about casualties, too. If that's the case, my interpretation is that she's sitting out episode nine, and resuming action (or lack thereof, what was about bursting forth anyway) in the finale.

Which, to my notions, probably indicates that all ends are tied down to another cliffhanger (surprise, surprise), thus putting to bed the notion that GoT will be advancing book plots into new territory, hell, no, or not near enough.

Also all spoilers making Jaime's whereabouts as of episode eight a bit of a mystery to decipher, I'm thinking he and Brienne might reunite again next season on. I sincerely doubt they'd even consider bringing LS into the game (hee) after passing up every opportunity they had to do so, but it's entirely possible that was their plan all along. In the final analysis, Jaime might just go back to KL once more, in which case, I'll wager Brienne is left wandering the Riverlands under her own steam, whereupon she gets scooped up and faced with a conundrum as a result, or something kicks off and there's another reunion with Jaime. Bit of a headscratcher, really...

17 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

I believe Brienne is speaking to Jaime in the preview for next episode.  She is also speaking with the Blackfish, so she gets at least two scenes.

My bad, that was a mistake, I meant nine. But thank you! (Typing too fast, and not going over the post in its entirety.)

I mean, how to kill all the hype, when they settle for titles along the lines of "Mother's Mercy"? In hindsight, that was about show!Cersei, or whatever passes for their interpretation of the book character, but it was hard to tell at the time. And they're big on the resurrection theme this year, too, nothing makes sense any more...

season 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wb2LeYObsU thought the BwB would play this as Beric gave Cat the kiss of life

season 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4H7FRz5PEo 1:30-2:05 sounds like LSH taking off the cloak, Brienne was in the Riverlands, and a mention of Cat's body being thrown in the river

season 5 - nothing really except "Mother's Mercy"

season 6 - Riverlands again, we'll see how it plays out

I interpret the hush hush from D&D themselves as they want to leave it open enough every year if they want to include her or not.  They weren't even sure about Dorne, the Greyjoys, or Riverlands.  They include just enough filler every season so they can backtrack.  Like Hizdahr's and Daario's mission to the Slavers for peace.  Complete filler.

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Didn't they remind us of Cat's throat being cut again in this episode when they are about to do the same to Edmure?

Yes.  Cat's Uncle made reference to it.

The amount of references to Cat's death are quite high in the show--verbally and in flashbacks.

5 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Yes.  Cat's Uncle made reference to it.

The amount of references to Cat's death are quite high in the show--verbally and in flashbacks.

mmmmmmmmm......kind of like it.... wonder why....

LSH MUST HAPPEN

22 hours ago, RumHam said:

I think tonight's episode revived the possibility of her eventual appearance. At the very least someone new should be leading the Brotherhood, for them to have turned to murdering unarmed people for...food? Of course the show could have it be a non-zombie leader.

While it's possible Martin has some insider knowledge on this subject, it's also possible he just assumed she's not going to appear because she hasn't already. It's even possible that in the course of planning the endgame of the series the show's writers changed their minds about Lady Stoneheart. Maybe some character(s) needed an adversary to stall them while other plots caught up, and she was chosen. 

or they probably don't tell him anything more

Archived