why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

I think She is evil in the books, considering what she does to Brienne, but that is due to the nature of her resurrection process. Anyway, although I think she is evil she is not completely evil, because she focuses mostly on Freys. I don't think she would kill a whole town.

If LSH appears (and I really hope she does considering the many hints we have and also because if she doesn't appear I won't understand it considering the shocking value she brings) I think she will not be responsible for what we saw. She is the leader of the leaders, she must focus on more important things. But I also think she will be more evil in the show.

She'd gladly kill everyone in the Twins, from the young Freys to the servants.  Again I think her killing the fool is foreshadowing of this.

She's basically lost all ability to reason.  The biggest plot hole is that I seriously doubt the BWB would follow her for very long.....

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

No, they had nothing to do with the Freys.

We don't know that yet.  We know he was a soldier and that he slit a boys throat in front of his mother (a reverse of Catelyn having her throat slit?).

But it could simply be the Hound was with them and the assumption was therefore they were with him.  Maybe they simply killed the townsfolk because they refused to tell them where the Hound was.  Or maybe it really is a nod to Saltpans from the book as a means of re kickstarting the Hounds arc.  We'll find out soon enough.

5 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

She'd gladly kill everyone in the Twins, from the young Freys to the servants.  Again I think her killing the fool is foreshadowing of this.

She's basically lost all ability to reason.  The biggest plot hole is that I seriously doubt the BWB would follow her for very long.....

I don't think she has lost her ability to reason, maybe a bit, as I said, to the process she has suffered....but her main focus is and will always be the Freys. She would kill other people ONLY if it was a strategy for killing the Freys, The Lannisters or The Boltons. 

I think the BWB follows her because she has resurrected and is very powerful...

2 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

I wouldn't say she's lost ability to reason.  Many of her moves seem rather calculated, just in a cold stonehearted way (sorry B)).  I do think it's pretty clear she's somewhat evil- She is hanging anyone associated with the Freys and Lannisters with no connection to the Red Wedding.  She is willing to hang and murder Pod, who is somewhere near 14 years old I believe at the time.  That's pretty messed up and evil.

1 minute ago, Ser Gareth said:

We don't know that yet.  We know he was a soldier and that he slit a boys throat in front of his mother (a reverse of Catelyn having her throat slit?).

But it could simply be the Hound was with them and the assumption was therefore they were with him.  Maybe they simply killed the townsfolk because they refused to tell them where the Hound was.  Or maybe it really is a nod to Saltpans from the book as a means of re kickstarting the Hounds arc.  We'll find out soon enough.

OK, good catch. I could buy that. It seems  a little far-fetched but...who knows. Anyway, the other people around were innocent, I don't think that LSH told them kill them all if that is the case.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't think she has lost her ability to reason, maybe a bit, as I said, to the process she has suffered....but her main focus is and will always be the Freys. She would kill other people ONLY if it was a strategy of killing the Freys, The Lannisters or The Boltons. 

I think the BWB follows her because she has resurrected and is very powerful...

Thoros pretty much explains the situation to Brienne.  They were loyal to Beric, and then when he chose to pass on his life to Catelyn they sort of fell in line.  Thoros doesn't make it sound like he's too happy about it though, and clearly disagrees with some of Stoneheart's "policies" on a moral/ethical level.  

Just now, Tagganaro said:

Thoros pretty much explains the situation to Brienne.  They were loyal to Beric, and then when he chose to pass on his life to Catelyn they sort of fell in line.  Thoros doesn't make it sound like he's too happy about it though, and clearly disagrees with some of Stoneheart's "policies" on a moral/ethical level.  

Exactly. But now is their leader, and the result of the power of Lord of Light. That's why they follow her.

5 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

It would fit entirely with her new book nature.  Last we saw of her she was about to murder three innocent people.

And whose to say that the BWB riders didn't go back and report they saw the Hound with this group of people.  Maybe Septon Ray was a Frey soldier etc.

They go back to LSH who instantly condemns them all to death by association.  Just like she did in AFFC with Pod and Ser Hyle.

Not necessarily innocent. Brienne is dressed in Lannister Finery. Pod is a Lannister squire etc. Lady Stoneheart basically set up and orphanage, partially to get possible wind of her daughters but certainly that is a far cry from sending marauders to slaughter a peaceful community if families with many women and children trying to find a more peaceful life.

15 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Not necessarily innocent. Brienne is dressed in Lannister Finery. Pod is a Lannister squire etc. Lady Stoneheart basically set up and orphanage, partially to get possible wind of her daughters but certainly that is a far cry from sending marauders to slaughter a peaceful community if families with many women and children trying to find a more peaceful life.

I get that Pod's a squire and even killed someone in battle, but he's 14 years old.  It was pretty messed up IMO that Lady Stoneheart wanted to hang him.  And that jives with what Thoros is telling us.  Justice has turned to revenge.  Lem has become a monsterish asshole.  The brotherhood has split in half.  

I do think it's a far cry from what happened in the show, but I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for the Brotherhood in the books under Stoneheart's command to slowly be turning into that.  

Well, if you already couldn't tell by my username, I desperately want LSH to appear.

It certainly does seem MUCH more likely this season that she will but there's still part of me not wanting to get my hopes up.

What don't understand is, if she is definitely cut from the show, why can't D&D just come out and say it? I know GRRM said it (but what does he know :P) but we really need to hear it from D&D, the horses' mouths so to speak. It would end all this continued speculation once and for all.

If they aren't planning on including her in the show, they really should have said so before now to stop loads of people (like me :D) having all this false hope.

17 minutes ago, Reuben Stoneheart said:

What don't understand is, if she is definitely cut from the show, why can't D&D just come out and say it? I know GRRM said it (but what does he know :P) but we really need to hear it from D&D, the horses' mouths so to speak. It would end all this continued speculation once and for all.

If they aren't planning on including her in the show, they really should have said so before now to stop loads of people (like me :D) having all this false hope.

I'm inclined to think that they don't just say it because they want people to speculate and talk about the show as much as possible. If she never appears, then I think they definitely should have said so early enough, but not doing so has kept people talking and speculating for years.

6 hours ago, Tagganaro said:

I get that Pod's a squire and even killed someone in battle, but he's 14 years old.  It was pretty messed up IMO that Lady Stoneheart wanted to hang him.  And that jives with what Thoros is telling us.  Justice has turned to revenge.  Lem has become a monsterish asshole.  The brotherhood has split in half.  

I do think it's a far cry from what happened in the show, but I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for the Brotherhood in the books under Stoneheart's command to slowly be turning into that.  

I do not think Lady Stoneheart is bad or evil. She is seeking out revenge by dealing out Justice. Jaime made a deal, Brienne made a deal.  Now, we are talking bout the Freys, Lannisters and if she could get her hands on them, the Boltons. I don't care if it is some 3rd cousin 3 times removed. These people purposely tried to "exterminate" her family and under guest rights which is pretty severe or is supposed to be in this story. So, turn about is fair play. It is war after all. Tywin would approve, That is actually what he is famous for.

Hell, Tywin unleashed the Mountain and his men to RAPE and pillage the innocent peasants of the Riverlands. Lady Stoneheart is just killing every Frey and Lannister she can get her hands on. So what?

14 hours ago, Reuben Stoneheart said:

Well, if you already couldn't tell by my username, I desperately want LSH to appear.

It certainly does seem MUCH more likely this season that she will but there's still part of me not wanting to get my hopes up.

14 hours ago, Direwight said:

I'm inclined to think that they don't just say it because they want people to speculate and talk about the show as much as possible. If she never appears, then I think they definitely should have said so early enough, but not doing so has kept people talking and speculating for years.

I strongly suspect that Direwight is correct. D&D simply want as much "buzz" about the show as possible. Look at this thread -- up to 49 pages of speculation on whether LS is coming back. I am fairly confident that she is not.

The spoilers indicate that Thoros now is leading BwB. There have been no spoilers about the actress or the character appearing on set. And while fans of her character from the book would be happy -- the vast majority of viewers know nothing about the LS character and simply would be confused about why she came back so different when Jon came back normal -- and there really is just not enough story left (supposedly only 13 episodes after this season) to start adding characters like LS to the pack.

5 hours ago, UnmaskedLurker said:

I strongly suspect that Direwight is correct. D&D simply want as much "buzz" about the show as possible. Look at this thread -- up to 49 pages of speculation on whether LS is coming back. I am fairly confident that she is not.

The spoilers indicate that Thoros now is leading BwB. There have been no spoilers about the actress or the character appearing on set. And while fans of her character from the book would be happy -- the vast majority of viewers know nothing about the LS character and simply would be confused about why she came back so different when Jon came back normal -- and there really is just not enough story left (supposedly only 13 episodes after this season) to start adding characters like LS to the pack.

I don't think the viewers would be confused, on the contrary: BF and Edmure were less important than Cat.:ohwell: and have re-appeared.

And let's not talk about the details about Benjen's life-or-death status or The Mountain's, each of them has been between death and life, and their processes are completely different than Jon's.. I think 99% of viewers are perfectly capable of understand LSH, especially considering they know about the Red Wedding and that it has been hinted several times again this season.

If they don't brig her back, it would be a mistake, but it won't be because it's confusing, just because they like changing the story from the source material.

20 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

The good thing is, we'll know for sure this Sunday.  If the Hound is making his way to the brotherhood, she has to be there or no game.  If Thoros is there and if he proclaims himself as the leader--no game.

We'll know Sunday.

Well, she could appear in episode 9 too, but it's less likely. 

There were spoilers that said

Spoiler

she had been seen in a tent in the Battle, but of course we don't know if they are legit

Noone found out where the clip is from yet?

I had already seen 24, Resurrection, Crossing Lines, Heart of the Sea, and this week had to sit trough the horrible Ironclad movie to make sure it isn't from there(it was apparently so bad even Michelle's character decided

Spoiler

to kill herself off

). For a moment I was worried about the scene being from I Am Here, because of the many forest scenes. Alas so far no matches, but then again my memory sucks.

I saw the better quality pictures of this 'clip', she looks way too healthy and... peaceful in those. Funny the low quality version is WAY more haunting... Assuming it is real(maybe its pre CGI clip), the rumor about her in the tent made up as a wight is fake.  I can't stop obsessing over this, guess I am just not as vocal as most of you :D

It would kind of suck that if she shows up, they wait until the last 10 secs of this season, and we have to wait another $^# year to find out what she is up to!

Archived