why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

9 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

LSH is important if you care about themes and such.  You know, the destructive results of misguided vengeance, the inherent injustice of group punishment. LSH is something that echoes back to ancient mythology

Wanting the Starks (and/or their loyalists) wanting to get revenge misses GRRMs point-here's a hint, it has to do with hanging a poor miserable drunk Frey who had nothing to do with the RW

You can still have plenty of that without her. I don't necessarily think it's a poor choice to bring her back, but it wasn't entirely necessary either. The story would still contain plenty of misguided vengeance, and the BwB could've still taken a different path if that was what GRRM desired.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2015 at 5:18 PM, Sophia [email protected] said:

I beleive why the REAL reason why Ladystoneheart was cut out was they wanted Jon Snow's RETURN a REALLY BIG DEAL. If a other character does it first what the deal?

BUT

Beric Dondarrion was the first character to come back to life I guess D and D did not wanted too many characters coming back

No. It is because the book has way too many story lines going on for everything to be dealt with in the TV show, so that had to cull some of the filler material that was not central to the story line.

This is depressing, why bother doing the Riverlands story line at all then. Why all the foreshadowing. D&D knew LSH was one of the characters people wanted to see most didn't they? Just because they where too chicken to do it, didn't mean they had to troll us like this. I guess cock jokes, Danny proclaiming her titles again and... Dorne... Are more important for the story. After all these characters turning into dumb cliches of themselves, and the mess of story lines, LSH was kind of the only thing left to look forward to for me.

The only good thing I can think of is: D&D won't be able to 'rape' LSH like they did with some other characters... Unless the joke I made earlier about her showing up  on the other side of the continent a week after all of us have given up, ends up being true, in which case I hope for the best.

*group hug*

5 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Edmure has had a baby since the Red Wedding, her body has become fish food, there is no body.

This.

The camera was trolling us lingering on the stream during this conversation, so much reminiscing Cat... but this is the first time I actually believe there is no Stoneheart,

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

They have been trolling Stoneheart fans the entire season.  Why all this talk about Cat, who died 3 years ago?  They are good at using their show to troll book readers, I have to hand it to them on that note.

Cat was practically a larger presence this season than season 3. 

The only chance left is that Thoros has revived Catelyn already and just hasnt revealed it yet. Maybe Beric doesn't die in the process. Who knows. If the finale goes by without her then it's over. I still say theres a 25% chance she shows up in episode 10.

D&D know that book readers were waiting for it. Having Beric alive and twisting the story a bit (hanging Lemoncloak) would suprise both readers and non readers.

39 minutes ago, Drayzen said:

The only chance left is that Thoros has revived Catelyn already and just hasnt revealed it yet. Maybe Beric doesn't die in the process. Who knows. If the finale goes by without her then it's over. I still say theres a 25% chance she shows up in episode 10.

D&D know that book readers were waiting for it. Having Beric alive and twisting the story a bit (hanging Lemoncloak) would suprise both readers and non readers.

Considering they invent everything, if they wanted her to appear, LSH wouldn't be brought up like in the books

Someone saw MF in tn Ireland in SUmmer and tweeted it; there is still chance: around 0.1%

53 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

They have been trolling Stoneheart fans the entire season.  Why all this talk about Cat, who died 3 years ago?  They are good at using their show to troll book readers, I have to hand it to them on that note.

Because she was relevant in this episode - the Riverlands plotline largely centred around Edmure and the Blackfish, both of whom had an extremely strong connection to Catelyn. I get that it's annoying when many of us want to see LSH, but if there'd been plenty of mentions of, say, Ned Stark or Robert Baratheon, no one would've said it was trolling. Catelyn remains a relevant character due to the role she played in her life to many who featured in this episode. She's hardly going to go unmentioned.

7 hours ago, Kelly Koehorst said:

This is depressing, why bother doing the Riverlands story line at all then. Why all the foreshadowing. D&D knew LSH was one of the characters people wanted to see most didn't they? Just because they where too chicken to do it, didn't mean they had to troll us like this. I guess cock jokes, Danny proclaiming her titles again and... Dorne... Are more important for the story. After all these characters turning into dumb cliches of themselves, and the mess of story lines, LSH was kind of the only thing left to look forward to for me.

The only good thing I can think of is: D&D won't be able to 'rape' LSH like they did with some other characters... Unless the joke I made earlier about her showing up  on the other side of the continent a week after all of us have given up, ends up being true, in which case I hope for the best.

*group hug*

Because we still hadn't addressed what had happened to the rest of the Tullys, or the BwB since Season 3. They remain relevant to the overall plot and just because they're not doing LSH doesn't mean they should just disappear entirely.

It's pretty easy for them to write her in however they want. We haven't seen the BWoB since the red wedding either. The show version of LSH may be on Thoros and Beric's side. Thoro's words were "We're part of something greater." Helping LSH get revenge for the north?

It could play out in a scene where the brotherhood brings the Hound to LSH.

"We found her in the river after the red wedding." LSH/BWoB/The Hound go get revenge on the Freys.

Will it happen? Probably not but they can still pull that card out if they wanted to.

Archived