why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

1 minute ago, LordImp said:

Pherhaps they revives Cat in ep 10 and then we have LSH in season 7. 

The passage of time is very fluid on this show, so it's hard to say how long ago the Red Wedding occurred. But it really should have been too long at this point for her corpse to even be identifiable. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

The passage of time is very fluid on this show, so it's hard to say how long ago the Red Wedding occurred. But it really should have been too long at this point for her corpse to even be identifiable. 

Thats one of the problems yes. 

3 hours ago, LordImp said:

Thats one of the problems yes. 

Is it? How much time has passed in the books from TRW to her pending showdown with Brienne/Jaime? Just because time has passed doesnt necessarily have to mean that her corpse-y body continues to decompose does it? Why wouldnt she just stay in the state that she was in when we met her? She was barely able to speak then, so why wouldn't she barely be able to speak now? Point is - just because time has passed and we havent seen her shouldnt mean that she doesn't exist. Maybe BWB are just holding that card close to their chest, and she's shelled up in a cave with Robbs crown and will, plotting. But if that were the case I would expect a more sinister BWB, not one that hangs renegade members for killing innocents. 

3 minutes ago, jbent87 said:

Is it? How much time has passed in the books from TRW to her pending showdown with Brienne/Jaime? Just because time has passed doesnt necessarily have to mean that her corpse-y body continues to decompose does it? Why wouldnt she just stay in the state that she was in when we met her? She was barely able to speak then, so why wouldn't she barely be able to speak now? Point is - just because time has passed and we havent seen her shouldnt mean that she doesn't exist. Maybe BWB are just holding that card close to their chest, and she's shelled up in a cave with Robbs crown and will, plotting. But if that were the case I would expect a more sinister BWB, not one that hangs renegade members for killing innocents. 

I tend to think one doesn't continue to decompose once revived by R'hollor. But someone suggested the Brotherhood would find her body in episode ten and Beric would then give his life to restore hers. So I was just saying that a normal un-revived dead person would have decomposed too much by now. 

6 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

They have been trolling Stoneheart fans the entire season.  Why all this talk about Cat, who died 3 years ago?  They are good at using their show to troll book readers, I have to hand it to them on that note.

Mocking book readers, yeah. It's the only show that does it, and they have ten hours to adapt it, it's not a two hours  film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could have cut out Jon Snow's death too. What was the purpose of it? He resurrected being the same (or worse).

But of course, it was the only shocking moment of S5 they had, because everything else (almost) was an invention, and they love Jon Snow, because he is one of the VIPS from the show. LSH-Brienne-Jaime and TBWB are only stupid supporting characters.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

They could have cut out Jon Snow's death too. What was the purpose of it? He resurrected being the same (or worse).

To give him an honorable way out of his vows. I suspect there will be more effects in the books. He may even stop being a point of view character. 

Just now, RumHam said:

To give him an honorable way out of his vows. I suspect there will be more effects in the books. He may even stop being a point of view character. 

Yes, but the point is that they could have avoided the death if they had wanted, but they didn't. That is what I am referring to.

If LSH is cut, they can cut what they want. Jon could have left his vows in another way.

But killing is more "effectively shocking" than making characters reappear and dealing with the consequences in the storyline, I suppose.

12 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Personally I struggle to see another way Jon could have honorably gotten out of his vows. He doesn't even have Stannis to offer to pardon him or whatever. 

They could have done a version of Robb's will to do that.

D&D are just hack writers, not just because we didn't get Stoneheart but the rest of the episode was disappointing as hell. Why bring back the BWB just to use as a plot device for The Hound? You could've had Arya on her way to exact vengeance on the Frey's only to find her undead mother has already done it. She see's what revenger has done to her mother, how it's destroyed her from within and then she comes to terms with it all, she gets rid of her list and finally gives her mother mercy and kills her so she can die peacefully knowing Arya is alive and well all the while Arya is crying. Tell me that isn't a more powerful resolution than Arya making Frey pies?

16 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

They could have done a version of Robb's will to do that.

Not really. I dunno that the will would have any power, now that Robb is just another dead rebel and his kingdom reabsorbed into the Seven Kingdoms. But anyway remember that Robb never thought he could command the Watch to release Jon from his vows. His plan was to offer the watch a hundred men in exchange for Jon and hope they said yes. 

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Not really. I dunno that the will would have any power, now that Robb is just another dead rebel and his kingdom reabsorbed into the Seven Kingdoms. But anyway remember that Robb never thought he could command the Watch to release Jon from his vows. His plan was to offer the watch a hundred men in exchange for Jon and hope they said yes. 

They would have had to have set it up, obviously, and not pulled it out of their backsides at the last minute, but, sure, if Stannis can offer it then Robb could have done the same.  As it stands, we have have Jon just walking out and saying his watch is ended.  That didn't work for me at all (and nor do I think it will work like that in the books).

Is it plausible that the Brotherhood goes North ? Looks like the only thing they cared about now is to fight the " cold winds in the North " , why stay in RL when their enemies are up North ? 

2 minutes ago, Reuben Stoneheart said:

Gutted.

As I said before, D&D have known exactly what they were doing all season, getting LSH fans excited. 

Yes, I suppose there's a 0.000001% chance she'll show up in ep10 but to be honest, it's over.

Oh well, we can look forward to reading about what she gets up to in the next book.

exactly.

1 hour ago, LordImp said:

Is it plausible that the Brotherhood goes North ? Looks like the only thing they cared about now is to fight the " cold winds in the North " , why stay in RL when their enemies are up North ? 

I have a feeling that BWB may crash the party at the Twins (the scene from the trailer) in Episode 10. I'm not sure whether Arya will appear there or not, show writers may give her a teleportation device as well for all we know.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Personally I struggle to see another way Jon could have honorably gotten out of his vows. He doesn't even have Stannis to offer to pardon him or whatever. 

I dont see why it was honourable. Hes abandoned the watch at their most critical time and hes himself seen whats coming. He comes off like the ungrateful bastard stereotype Ser Alliser pegged him for.

1 minute ago, Ruhail said:

I dont see why it was honourable. Hes abandoned the watch at their most critical time and hes himself seen whats coming. He comes off like the ungrateful bastard stereotype Ser Alliser pegged him for.

In Episode 4 Jon said something along the lines that he wants to unify the North in order to prepare it for the wars to come (WW).

1 minute ago, Larence Snow said:

I have a feeling that BWB may crash the party at the Twins (the scene from the trailer) in Episode 10. I'm not sure whether Arya will appear there or not, show writers may give her a teleportation device as well for all we know.

Yeah seems like it goes in this direction. Dont hope Arya is there though , it would be so stupid if she  gets from Braavos to the Frey party and killing Walder in that short amount of time. 

If Arya and the BwB is at the party then i see them going North with Arya in S7. 

Archived