why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

5 minutes ago, Larence Snow said:

In Episode 4 Jon said something along the lines that he wants to unify the North in order to prepare it for the wars to come (WW).

Too bad he was too pathetic to pull it off in Ep 7 oh well the realm is doomed bring on Ragnarok.

Literally went 'Ugh, not you...' when I saw Beric. They can't asspull Cat's body this late, it's got to be long decomposed by now. Only possible explanation is that they found a different way to bring her back. 

Other than that, yeah, it's over. No LSH. Pretty sad, especially with all the Cat reminders this season.

2 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

They would have had to have set it up, obviously, and not pulled it out of their backsides at the last minute, but, sure, if Stannis can offer it then Robb could have done the same.  As it stands, we have have Jon just walking out and saying his watch is ended.  That didn't work for me at all (and nor do I think it will work like that in the books).

Yeah, did they even do a Robb's will scene on the show? I can't remember. I feel like if they had it would have telegraphed his death so they probably didn't. 

I guess they could have made it work the same way they made any of the other logic-defying plot developments work. (i.e. not well.) Though I'm honestly surprised anyone took issue with them following the books when it comes to Jon's death. 

59 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

I dont see why it was honourable. Hes abandoned the watch at their most critical time and hes himself seen whats coming. He comes off like the ungrateful bastard stereotype Ser Alliser pegged him for.

I don't disagree, his leaving the Watch at this point is questionable. I'm not saying it was an honorable act. But of the ways for him to leave, fulfilling his duty by dying to traitorous men of the watch is probably the most honorable option. In that he's not deserting, or leaving because some politician offered him legitimization and a cushy seat. 

I suspect the book will do a better job of making it clear that he wasn't attacked by a half-dozen bad apples. Most of the Watch will probably be against him. I actually expect that it won't be Jon weaseling out, but rather Bowen Marsh and the others arguing that since he died, he's out.  

1 hour ago, braveniler58 said:

Literally went 'Ugh, not you...' when I saw Beric. They can't asspull Cat's body this late, it's got to be long decomposed by now. Only possible explanation is that they found a different way to bring her back. 

Other than that, yeah, it's over. No LSH. Pretty sad, especially with all the Cat reminders this season.

To be fair, they could spin it as Beric having given her the kiss of life and survived. Is that at all possible in the books? Even if it's not, they could easily change the magic canon in that regard for the show.

Anyway, I doubt LSH will happen personally, but I'm not too bothered - three dead/supposedly dead Starks returning in one season would kinda be overkill.

35 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

No, because she is a great character, and we don't know if Podrick is dead or not in the books.

He really shouldn't be, as Martin has confirmed that Brienne said "sword" in order to save his life. 

22 minutes ago, Meg Mormont said:

No matter dead or not, the point is she wanted to kill an innocent man who has never done any harm to her or any of her kind. Which doesn't look like a great character, more like a revenge-thirsty zombie to me.

Great doesn't always mean good. I like villains, for instance.

And LSH is great in the sense that she has changed and there are consequences. She hasn't returned to be the same.

On June 13, 2016 at 4:13 PM, DoubleO_Stark said:

It's getting to the point Lady Stoneheart is too good for the show. D&D would probably make her look horrible or not even get Michelle Fairly back and just recast her. 

I'm shocked they didn't recast Beric Dondorian.

Why would they recast Beric? The actor did a fine job.

On June 14, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Mister Stoneheart said:

I do think D&D should make reference that LSH is cut, at this point.  That would be the decent thing to do.

But it's D&D, so....that won't happen.

What good would that do?  Why would you believe anything they said, given Jon?

On June 13, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Drayzen said:

The only chance left is that Thoros has revived Catelyn already and just hasnt revealed it yet. Maybe Beric doesn't die in the process. Who knows. If the finale goes by without her then it's over. I still say theres a 25% chance she shows up in episode 10.

D&D know that book readers were waiting for it. Having Beric alive and twisting the story a bit (hanging Lemoncloak) would suprise both readers and non readers.

They have specifically stated their enthusiasm at changing things so that book readers would be surprised this season.

But that requires there to be substantial material in the show that was deliberately changed from how things have already gone down in the published books.  There's a bit of that here and there, but I for one cannot remember very much of that.

Can anyone?

On June 13, 2016 at 0:19 AM, Kelly Koehorst said:

This is depressing, why bother doing the Riverlands story line at all then. Why all the foreshadowing. D&D knew LSH was one of the characters people wanted to see most didn't they? Just because they where too chicken to do it, didn't mean they had to troll us like this. I guess cock jokes, Danny proclaiming her titles again and... Dorne... Are more important for the story. After all these characters turning into dumb cliches of themselves, and the mess of story lines, LSH was kind of the only thing left to look forward to for me.

The trolling has been both strong and relentless this season, like never before seen. 

And we know how it ends.

Archived