why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

So.....could she show up in ep10??

Look, I've kinda made my peace with the fact that she's been cut from the show but I just can't help having that tiny bit of hope....

Let's consider that game of '2 truths and a lie' that Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams played at the start of the season...

Sophie's answers were: 

1) Ramsay dies  2) Lady Stoneheart returns  3) Arya checks 3 people off her list

Now, we know that number 1) is true. So, either Lady Stoneheart DOES return or Arya DOES check 3 people off her list.

Who exactly is left on Arya's list? I can think of i) Cersei  ii) The Mountain  iii) Ser Ilyn Payne  iii) Walder Frey  iv) Beric Dondarrion   v) Thoros of Myr  vi) Melisansre  vii) The Hound (?)

Is it possible for Arya to kill 3 of those characters in the one episode?

Of course, the fact that Arya 'checks' them off her list doesn't necessarily mean that SHE kills them; she could check them off her list because they die some other way, of course, eliminating the need for her to kill them. But still, will we really see THREE of those characters dying in the next episode?  I suppose we could. 

But if we don't then that means...............

:ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Reuben Stoneheart said:

Look, I've kinda made my peace with the fact that she's been cut from the show but I just can't help having that tiny bit of hope....

Let's consider that game of '2 truths and a lie' that Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams played at the start of the season...

Sophie's answers were: 

1) Ramsay dies  2) Lady Stoneheart returns  3) Arya checks 3 people off her list

Now, we know that number 1) is true. So, either Lady Stoneheart DOES return or Arya DOES check 3 people off her list.

Who exactly is left on Arya's list? I can think of i) Cersei  ii) The Mountain  iii) Ser Ilyn Payne  iii) Walder Frey  iv) Beric Dondarrion   v) Thoros of Myr  vi) Melisansre  vii) The Hound (?)

Of course, the fact that Arya 'checks' them off her list doesn't necessarily mean that SHE kills them; she could check them off her list because they die some other way, of course, eliminating the need for her to kill them. But still, will we really see THREE of those characters dying in the next episode?  I suppose we could. 

OR she cheated and told 2 lies and a truth.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:23 PM, Mister Stoneheart said:

I do think D&D should make reference that LSH is cut, at this point.  That would be the decent thing to do.

But it's D&D, so....that won't happen.

Given all the abuse they have got from a vocal section of book fans why on earth should they do the decent thing? 'Hey guys, we don't mind being called dumb, misogynistic, homophobic hacks but hey let's kiss and make up and we'll chew the cud with you kidders over a bottle of chardonnay'. Nope, can't see it.

22 hours ago, Reuben Stoneheart said:

Sophie's answers were: 

I am on the hype train too

22 hours ago, Reuben Stoneheart said:

Her list has been kinda fluid on the show. Some people like Illyn Payne just dropping off it for no reason. They showed the Twins in the preview, and I fully expect Arya to have teleported there. I think her managing to kill three people on her list is way more likely than Stoneheart showing up at this point. As I mentioned earlier in the thread he body should be too decomposed to be recognizable at this point. I suppose they could say that Thoros revived her shortly after her death and they've just kept her off-screen. That doesn't seem likely unless they wanted to end the season on the imagine of her zombie face. Still with only fourteen episodes left I don't see them adding her now. 

Melisandre will almost certainly die, though not at Arya's hand. So that could count even though Arya wouldn't know about it right away. It's not hard to imagine that while disguised as a serving girl at the Frey's party Arya overhears Black Walder talking about how he cut Catelyn's throat, adds him to the list and kills him along with his father. That'd be three right there. Plus the Mountain could die again. Ser Illyn could even die off screen if King's Landing burns, but I don't see that being one of the three. 

17 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Her list has been kinda fluid on the show. Some people like Illyn Payne just dropping off it for no reason. They showed the Twins in the preview, and I fully expect Arya to have teleported there. I think her managing to kill three people on her list is way more likely than Stoneheart showing up at this point. As I mentioned earlier in the thread he body should be too decomposed to be recognizable at this point. I suppose they could say that Thoros revived her shortly after her death and they've just kept her off-screen. That doesn't seem likely unless they wanted to end the season on the imagine of her zombie face. Still with only fourteen episodes left I don't see them adding her now. 

Melisandre will almost certainly die, though not at Arya's hand. So that could count even though Arya wouldn't know about it right away. It's not hard to imagine that while disguised as a serving girl at the Frey's party Arya overhears Black Walder talking about how he cut Catelyn's throat, adds him to the list and kills him along with his father. That'd be three right there. Plus the Mountain could die again. Ser Illyn could even die off screen if King's Landing burns, but I don't see that being one of the three. 

Adding more people it's not fair...

Her current list members are: Cersei, The Mountain and Walder Frey. I can't see more than two being crossed out (either by she killing them or them being killed in other circumstances).

And Melisandre was only on her list two or three seasons ago, it doesn't count.

But of course anything can happen, but then it's not a fair game. The list should be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j31CKTfuUh0 

except for MT that he is not there anymore for obvious reasons.

On 23/6/2016 at 2:23 AM, CrypticWeirwood said:

The trolling has been both strong and relentless this season, like never before seen. 

And we know how it ends.

Totally agree.

Still expecting her to appear because of the lies and truth game and NCW's interview. Chances: 1% but still there.

If not: it's just trolling or mocking or both.

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Adding more people it's not fair...

Her current list members are: Cersei, The Mountain and Walder Frey. I can't see more than two being crossed out (either by she killing them or them being killed in other circumstances).

And Melisandre was only on her list two or three seasons ago, it doesn't count.

But of course anything can happen, but then it's not a fair game. The list should be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j31CKTfuUh0 

except for MT that he is not there anymore for obvious reasons.

Yeah, but whose making these rules about what's fair and what counts? You don't know what Turner was thinking of when she made that statement. 

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Totally agree.

Still expecting her to appear because of the lies and truth game and NCW's interview. Chances: 1% but still there.

If not: it's just trolling or mocking or both.

Which interview with NCW was that again?

Another curiosity is the unsourced image of that Michelle Fairley interview.

Definitely heavy trolling abounds here, no matter how you look at it.

I think it would be kind of lame to include her after Jons resurrection. I think the inclusion of Khal Drogo, Berric and LSH is to show to the reader that ressurection is definitely not a good thing in ASOIAF and there is always a cost. I think Shireen (kingsblood) will get burned to bring Jon back without this cost. because lets face it GRRM would never give is a character back from the dead and seemingly unchanged without a price. The end of season 4  or early in 5 was the time for LSH, but now she would feel crammed into an already crowded story imo.

On ‎23‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 2:19 AM, CrypticWeirwood said:

They have specifically stated their enthusiasm at changing things so that book readers would be surprised this season.

But that requires there to be substantial material in the show that was deliberately changed from how things have already gone down in the published books.  There's a bit of that here and there, but I for one cannot remember very much of that.

Can anyone?

Which surprises?

The reason why LSH isn't in the show is because D&D can't grasp the concept of a character who does good things, suddenly does bad things.
Good=good, bad=bad in D&D's eyes. They tried going the Grey character way with Jaime, but they decided to turn him back to the Smuggy McSmug he once was.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Which interview with NCW was that again?

Another curiosity is the unsourced image of that Michelle Fairley interview.

Definitely heavy trolling abounds here, no matter how you look at it.

I posted it here in this thread about two weeks ago, I can't find it at this moment

He said there was a scene with someone he didn't know who he/she was because had code name. Possibly The Hound, if not LSH. 

1.Arya goes to Westeros, back over the sea.

2.Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realized, because they don't realize it's her.

3.Arya doesn't cross any more names off her list

1 should be certain, and I believe that 2 is certain as well:

minute 0.43 in the Feast, the silhouette of a woman on the right side.

1.Ramsay dies.

2.Lady Stoneheart returns.

3. Arya checks three people off her list.

which is true 2 or 3??? if LSH appears, Arya can't check 3 people off her list. Which is fine, she can cross 1 or 2.

• If 3 is the right one, then Cersei and The Mountain will die; and despite the fact it doesn't contradict #3 of Arya's, I don't think that's possible.

Cersei dying would be a very big twist for Cersei's character, considering the main actors were in negotiations for the last seasons and that we know that Martin was writing a chapter about her before going to Balticon.
I don't think Arya can kill all 3 of them on her own, anyway, but she can't cross them out if they die, so that is not important.

• If Arya is not in the trailer more times, then that would mean that anyone of her list dies, which would mean that LSH is 100% true.

So either we have Cersei dying, or LSH. Or: the list is malleable and we can laugh. A lot

https://youtu.be/j31CKTfuUh0

26 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I posted it here in this thread about two weeks ago, I can't find it at this moment

He said there was a scene with someone he didn't know who he/she was because had code name. Possibly The Hound, if not LSH. 

It could've been Edmure, or Walder Frey, they were a secret as well at the time the scripts were there.

Just now, TimeforTravel said:

It could've been Edmure, or Walder Frey, they were a secret as well at the time the scripts were there.

I read about them appearing in S6 a lot of months ago, they were no secret, not even Thoros. The only secret ones were The Hound and Beric (or LSH).

So it can be Beric as well

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

I read about them appearing in S6 a lot of months ago, they were no secret, not even Thoros. The only secret ones were The Hound and Beric (or LSH).

So it can be Beric as well

Maybe even Arya, I imagine they'd want to keep it a secret if she turns up at Walder's/Jaime's location

1 minute ago, TimeforTravel said:

Maybe even Arya, I imagine they'd want to keep it a secret if she turns up at Walder's/Jaime's location

Yeah, I could buy that too. But my bets are on Beric, the Hound or LSH. More on The Hound or LSH because they are more "top secret".

they used the code names for Jon, makig it a big deal not to reveal he was alive, and possibly the Hound; I think it should be someone very unexpected, but who knows.

Archived