why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

It's stupid, but we could start another petition or something, not sure what they could do with her now that Frey is gone but whatever.

And whoever is going to comicon should demand a clear answer, instead of them avoiding it like they used to. Better yet, bring torches and start a riot <_<

27 minutes ago, Kelly Koehorst said:

It's stupid, but we could start another petition or something, not sure what they could do with her now that Frey is gone but whatever.

And whoever is going to comicon should demand a clear answer, instead of them avoiding it like they used to. Better yet, bring torches and start a riot <_<

Petition? It doesn't sound stupid, on the contrary! 

I hpe someone asks them!

Let's face it, Catelyn's corpse... and more to the point her brain, would have long since decomposed. Even if you put whatever is left of her remains in front of Beric and Thoros, and they can somehow reanimate the body wight style, it's not going to have anything of Catelyn left in it. From a plot stand point, the ship has sailed as well. Walder Frey is dead so there wouldn't seem to be much point in a vengeance storyline.

23 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

yes we had a good time at least.....we had a lot of things to discuss....

maybe we will get some questions answered when comic con arrives.....LSH is always a hot topic

I don't think any possible answers will be anything new. It will be more of the same, such as that they couldn't have Fairley back to play for the most part a mute and and that they had to trim irrelevancies that would be distracting.

The funny thing, in regards to Fairley at least, is that I thought that an actress would relish the opportunity to act through expression alone, without being able to rely on dialogue. It's a massive challenge so I never accepted the excuse of not being able to bring back an actress to play a zombie.

A gross simplification by the way of the character. 

On 4/7/2016 at 9:04 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Let's face it, Catelyn's corpse... and more to the point her brain, would have long since decomposed. Even if you put whatever is left of her remains in front of Beric and Thoros, and they can somehow reanimate the body wight style, it's not going to have anything of Catelyn left in it. From a plot stand point, the ship has sailed as well. Walder Frey is dead so there wouldn't seem to be much point in a vengeance storyline.

Many people in the thread thought that they wouldn't reanimate her bones, but that she would have been alive but hidden since a long time ago.

On 4/7/2016 at 8:32 PM, Ser Matt Dayne said:

The funny thing, in regards to Fairley at least, is that I thought that an actress would relish the opportunity to act through expression alone, without being able to rely on dialogue. It's a massive challenge so I never accepted the excuse of not being able to bring back an actress to play a zombie.

A gross simplification by the way of the character. 

Yes!

I don't think any possible answers will be anything new. It will be more of the same, such as that they couldn't have Fairley back to play for the most part a mute and and that they had to trim irrelevancies that would be distracting.

At the same time, it would be interesting to know what they think about her not appearing, or if naming her in comic cons is still a taboo.

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Many people in the thread thought that they wouldn't reanimate her bones, but that she would have been alive but hidden since a long time ago.

By who? Not Beric since he's ya know... still alive.

Jaime did not have introspective journey in the Riverlands after being disillusion by Cersei gives little reason to have a confrontation of his past.

Brienne has been more successful in her quest and there is little reason to meet a representation of her failed vows.

Both rely very heavyily on the internal monologue which the show goes away from.

Gregor is a great symbol in Cersei's story.  He is a towering and silent dread of terrible violence at any moment.

Coldjen was used to assist Bran story with a means of escape and journey back to the Wall. It also add some magical element back in after the cave.

Jon Snow still has more of a story.

Lady Stoneheart is being used in service of other stories and became expendable for the show.

6 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Jaime did not have introspective journey in the Riverlands after being disillusion by Cersei gives little reason to have a confrontation of his past.

Brienne has been more successful in her quest and there is little reason to meet a representation of her failed vows.

Both rely very heavyily on the internal monologue which the show goes away from.

Gregor is a great symbol in Cersei's story.  He is a towering and silent dread of terrible violence at any moment.

Coldjen was used to assist Bran story with a means of escape and journey back to the Wall. It also add some magical element back in after the cave.

Jon Snow still has more of a story.

Lady Stoneheart is being used in service of other stories and became expendable for the show.

I agree than Jon Snow is more important than her, but his journey being dead had no effect on the show except shock value. He returned being the same, except for leaving his bows aside, which could have been done in any other way. I am not saying I didn't want him to die and resurrect, just saying his resurrection is less interesting than LSH's would have been in terms of storytelling. Both resurrections are compatible, especially LSH's appearance being done in the final episodes, after Jon's.

These arguments in favour all the deadly phenomenons except for the only one that wasn't adapted doesn't convince me. For instance,

Gregor is more pivotal than LSH? Really? LSH is in service of other storiesbut Robert Strong has his own?? You are saying he serves Cersei's. Then, you can't say he is not expendable because that is the same argument you use for LSH.

4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I agree than Jon Snow is more important than her, but his journey being dead had no effect on the show except shock value. He returned being the same, except for leaving his bows aside, which could have been done in any other way. I am not saying I didn't want him to die and resurrect, just saying his resurrection is less interesting than LSH's would have been in terms of storytelling. Both resurrections are compatible, especially LSH appearance being done in the final episodes, after Jon's.

These arguments in favour all the deadly phenomenons except for the only one that wasn't adapted doesn't convince me. For instance,

Gregor is more pivotal than LSH? Really? LSH is in service of other storiesbut Robert Strong has his own?? You are saying he serves Cersei's. Then, you can't say he is not expendable because that is the same argument you use for LSH.

I did not state Gregor has his own story or is pivitol. I  stated Gregor is there in service of Cersei's storyline. 

All my example are that resurrected or undead character are in service of more central characters or is a major character.  Since Jamie and Brienne stories are different on the show the character became expendable.  

47 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I did not state Gregor has his own story or is pivitol. I  stated Gregor is there in service of Cersei's storyline. 

All my example are that resurrected or undead character are in service of more central characters or is a major character.  Since Jamie and Brienne stories are different on the show the character became expendable.  

But Jaime is a main character both in the show and in the books, just like Cersei, and he encounters LSH. 

Jaime+Brienne+LSH  is more important than Cersei+Ser Gregor; and you can cut Ser Gregor and do the same story about Cersei in the show. But if you cut LSH+Jaime+Brienne+BWB then it becomes something completely different.

9 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But Jaime is a main character both in the show and in the books, just like Cersei, and he encounters LSH. 

Jaime+Brienne+LSH  is more important than Cersei+Ser Gregor; and you can cut Ser Gregor and do the same story about Cersei in the show. But if you cut LSH+Jaime+Brienne+BWB then it becomes something completely different.

Jaime and Brienne story is different on the show though.  They already made the changes to the story that LSH became expendable.

Gregor is a visual hulking menace that is a symbolic part of where Cersei is at now.

Catelyn in the books is a major character.

In the shows she is a lesser supporting character.  Look at Fairley's screentime over her three years.  Less than Eddard's total screentime for one season.

It's clear the showrunners were not particularly enamored with the character--so there was never any chance for LSH.

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

In the novels Beric sacrificed his seventh life to resurrect Catelyn.

I know it, but that doesn't mean they should do the same in the show.

Until Beric appeared, I thought it would make sense to follow the books' ritual, but after he appeared, Catelyn would have revived without him sacrificing for her. And it would still be logical, considering that in the show, Melisandre resurrected Jon Snow and she didn't gave him the kiss of life.

2 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Jaime and Brienne story is different on the show though.  They already made the changes to the story that LSH became expendable.

Gregor is a visual hulking menace that is a symbolic part of where Cersei is at now.

He is a menace, but also a minor character who was allowed to follow the books version, dying andresurrecting (or whathever happened with him).

I can't agree with that. Despite of the fact Jaime and Brienne are different characters in terms of their characterisation, their story in the Riverlands could follow perfectly what happens in the books when they are there in the woods and in the siege, respectively; and LSH could have appeared because they were where they should be to her to appear in their stories. If they didn't want to bring LSH is because they don't want to adapt her story.

1 hour ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Catelyn in the books is a major character.

In the shows she is a lesser supporting character.  Look at Fairley's screentime over her three years.  Less than Eddard's total screentime for one season.

It's clear the showrunners were not particularly enamored with the character--so there was never any chance for LSH.

I don't agree that she is a supporting character. She is important IMO, in the show.. But of course not as important as she should be. I see there is a difference; but she was important enough to adapt her story after her death.

Archived