why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

I think it would be poetic justice if it turns out LSH or Coldhands have some key role in the final act of ASOIAF and D&D are forced to invent some alternative fan fiction ending, all because they thought they were being smart in excluding them.

Yeah I don't get why people think LSH should have appeared at the end of season 3. That would be like having her appear 2chapters after the Red Wedding in the books. At the earliest she should have appeared at the end of season 4. But not a lot happened with her in AFFC so can understand if they might be saving the surprise for later when she might have more than 1 or 2 scenes for a whole season.

They could have had all three of those while including LSH. That's obviously not the reason.

I would rather say they wanted Jaime in Dorne. Brienne without Jaime makes no sense. But the main reason I believe, whatever purpose LSH has in future books, D&D don't want of it. Like many, many other things from ASoIaF. I'm sure it is more than killing a few Freys. She is now in the same team as the Others, or at least in the same game. The one more important than the Iron Throne.

I would rather say they wanted Jaime in Dorne. Brienne without Jaime makes no sense. But the main reason I believe, whatever purpose LSH has in future books, D&D don't want of it. Like many, many other things from ASoIaF. I'm sure it is more than killing a few Freys. She is now in the same team as the Others, or at least in the same game. The one more important than the Iron Throne.

Nope.

LSH is a writer's indulgence.

"Kill me some Freys. kill me some Freys...". Wow, I'm impressed. :rolleyes:

Un-Cat will have no bearing on the outcome.

Nope. LSH is a writer's indulgence.

Which is like saying Guernica was Picasso's indulgence. Whether something signals an indulgence or not according to critics should have no bearing on how faithfully a screen-writer adapts a novel.

Un-Cat will have no bearing on the outcome.

Did GRRM tell you this?

Which is like saying Guernica was Picasso's indulgence. Whether something signals an indulgence or not according to critics should have no bearing on how faithfully a screen-writer adapts a novel.

Did GRRM tell you this?

Again, D&D are way closer to GRRM that you and I are.

They probably even did things to George that you and I might object to.

But they secured the tv rights.

And they know the ending.

You don't. I don't.

So why don't you stop whining and just enjoy the ride ?

Again, D&D are way closer to GRRM that you and I are. They probably even did things to George that you and I might object to. But they secured the tv rights. And they know the ending.

Who said the show and the books are going to have the same ending? D&D have already drastically altered the second act, why not the final act?

Who said the show and the books are going to have the same ending? D&D have already drastically altered the second act, why not the final act?

D&D Own the story. As far as most people are concerned.

Are you aware that George himself modified the character of Natalia Tena's wildling in the books Because of the tv show ?

D&D Own the story. As far as most people are concerned.

Who cares?

Are you aware that George himself modified the character of Natalia Tena's wildling in the books Because of the tv show ?

Who cares?

Again, D&D are way closer to GRRM that you and I are.

They probably even did things to George that you and I might object to.

But they secured the tv rights.

And they know the ending.

You don't. I don't.

So why don't you stop whining and just enjoy the ride ?

You know he is just going to continue to try and derail threads so he can vent and whine that he doesn't think they are adapting it well and boo hoo he doesn't like it, regardless of it's the appropriate forum or not.

I mean, he literally just tried to derail the "best addition to the show, not in the books" thread by guess what, going in and posting sarcastic comments about how they didn't adapt something well and boo hoo he didn't like it.

Cutting LSH out would make Jon's revival have more of an impact.

I always thought that between Beric, Cat, the Mountain, and (assuming it happens) Jon, there was one too many revivals in the books. It sort of cheapens the idea of characters dying.

You know he is just going to continue to try and derail threads so he can vent and whine that he doesn't think they are adapting it well and boo hoo he doesn't like it, regardless of it's the appropriate forum or not.

This thread is on why they cut a character from the books from the show. Could there be a more approrpiate forum for a discussion of cutting things from the books in the show?

I mean, he literally just tried to derail the "best addition to the show, not in the books" thread by guess what, going in and posting sarcastic comments about how they didn't adapt something well and boo hoo he didn't like it.

Luckily there is no rule against mild sarcasm in these fora. Who's whining, now?

Quite probably.

But still, I see something there.

A glimmer of hope.

Cutting LSH out would make Jon's revival have more of an impact.

I always thought that between Beric, Cat, the Mountain, and (assuming it happens) Jon, there was one too many revivals in the books. It sort of cheapens the idea of characters dying.

Well, to be fair, 4 revivals isn't a lot when you consider how many thousands of characters (named and unnamed) have died during the course of the novels, and stayed dead. The Mountain's 'revival' is also slightly different...verging on Frankensteinery.

We also are not sure about Jon's revival, or even the extent of his injuries. His stabbing is at a cliffhanger moment. He may not need to be revived--he may just need some medical attention.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.

True, but false hope also tastes as sweet as mothers milk.

Ha, no worries though once Borodin's summer break ends we'll probably have less posts as he's busy with his first year of junior high.

True, but false hope also tastes as sweet as mothers milk. Ha, no worries though once Borodin's summer break ends we'll probably have less posts as he's busy with his first year of junior high.

Well argued.

Archived