Orange is the New Black

Jack Bauer 24

Just finished the season. Thought it was pretty great. Love this show so much!

Really liked the flashbacks to all the different characters. Suzanne's Time Hump Saga pretty much sounds like the greatest thing ever!

Really no major complaints. Well, didn't like Nicky being gone, didn't really care about Bennett as much. Hardly missed him tbh.

The Norma cult did drag on a little too long, but it provided some pretty funny moments.

Poussey really grew on me this season, especially the last episode with Soso.

Loved Pipper burning Stella (gorgeous woman btw!), and pointing to her tattoo. She's turning into quite the little gangster with her used panties business.

Thought Caputo hate fucking Fig was pretty funny.

I honestly don't believe Alex is dead, but I'm interested to see how she got of that one.

Loved the Miss Rosa cameo in the flashback.

Just finished the season. Thought it was pretty great. Love this show so much!

Really liked the flashbacks to all the different characters. Suzanne's Time Hump Saga pretty much sounds like the greatest thing ever!

Really no major complaints. Well, didn't like Nicky being gone, didn't really care about Bennett as much. Hardly missed him tbh.

The Norma cult did drag on a little too long, but it provided some pretty funny moments.

Poussey really grew on me this season, especially the last episode with Soso.

Loved Pipper burning Stella (gorgeous woman btw!), and pointing to her tattoo. She's turning into quite the little gangster with her used panties business.

Thought Caputo hate fucking Fig was pretty funny.

I honestly don't believe Alex is dead, but I'm interested to see how she got of that one.

Loved the Miss Rosa cameo in the flashback.

Wasn't feeling well yesterday and was stuck on the sofa so why not binge watch?

Doggett :bawl: that was so difficult to watch. Love how the friendship between her and Boo developed. I loved Morello's wedding and her new hubby. I'm glad they are going somewhere else with Piper's arc but I really can't stand her.

Glad Daya kept her baby but will CPS even know it's hers? That was a sad scene. Where the hell is Bennett? Did the actor have other work this season? I did enjoy their little military spoof. And the fact that he didn't do shit when they called on him to cover the grenade.

Overall, I loved the flashbacks this season and the end with them in the water. It had a flavor of absolution/rebirth. And Poussey and Soso were sweet.

Lori Petty is awesome. The Red/Healy thing is kinda fun. I enjoyed this season a lot. Probably because Larry is gone. The writing on this show is amazing. The humor mixed with the emotional content is a perfect mixture.

Wasn't feeling well yesterday and was stuck on the sofa so why not binge watch?

Doggett :bawl: that was so difficult to watch. Love how the friendship between her and Boo developed. I loved Morello's wedding and her new hubby. I'm glad they are going somewhere else with Piper's arc but I really can't stand her.

Glad Daya kept her baby but will CPS even know it's hers? That was a sad scene. Where the hell is Bennett? Did the actor have other work this season? I did enjoy their little military spoof. And the fact that he didn't do shit when they called on him to cover the grenade.

Overall, I loved the flashbacks this season and the end with them in the water. It had a flavor of absolution/rebirth. And Poussey and Soso were sweet.

Lori Petty is awesome. The Red/Healy thing is kinda fun. I enjoyed this season a lot. Probably because Larry is gone. The writing on this show is amazing. The humor mixed with the emotional content is a perfect mixture.

That scene with Doggett was horrible. I really wanted to see her and Boo take revenge on donut guy, but I kind of liked that they couldn't go through with it. And now he has Maritza driving with him...:O

Lol is this a thing? Someone should make something of it in the self-censorship-thread. "Wanting to create a smart e-persona so badly that you use someone elses words in your conversations".

Anyway, first four episodes have been liviing up to expectations or something like that. I've really liked them and Piper/Vause, Daya/Bennet hasn't been too bad. That said, even though I guess I understand what the end of ep 4 will mean in terms of the story, I'm not really sure where the season is going. However, I really like the life-goes-on-everyday-stuff-vibe that the four first got going. It's a really nice change of pace from the cliffnotes-of-plot-points that GoT got going.

Watched the entire season

My favorite season so far. I loved almost everything about this season. I did happen to think the Norma religion thing was stretched out too, but I loved her flashbacks. Poussey continues to be my favorite :wub:

I love panty-peddling Piper. She was on point this entire season. I never cared for Alex, and that didn't really change this season, but she's not the worst.

This season definitely thrived without Larry. Fuck Larry. I hate Larry.

All together, this season was awesome. That final scene in the lake was perfect. I'm just mad I binged it all and now theres no more left :(

Ugh! So many people need to get their comeuppances and only two episodes left.

Particularly Healy, Luschek and the donut guy!

The corporate guy is hilarious. Maybe a little OTT though. Never thought I'd have this much sympathy for Pennsatucky.

Ugh! So many people need to get their comeuppances and only two episodes left.

Particularly Healy, Luschek and the donut guy!

The corporate guy is hilarious. Maybe a little OTT though. Never thought I'd have this much sympathy for Pennsatucky.

Episode 13

Luschek is kind of shady (although Nicky did bring it on herself), but I find him pretty hilarious. When he steps out of his shop in the finale and saw the huge exodus through the gate and just says "nope" and turns around and goes back in I was dying. :lol:

I finished the series yesterday as well. I personally think that this was the strongest season to date.

Entire series spoilers

I personally believe that Taryn Manning, the woman who plays Pennsatucky, should win an Emmy for this performance. Her story was by far the most emotional for me to watch. I also liked the unlikely pairing of her and Lea DeLaria who plays Big Boo. She is a fantastic actress as well.

The rape scene was incredibly hard to watch, but was even more heartbreaking for me was the scene where Boo forced her to admit it.

Episode 13

Luschek is kind of shady (although Nicky did bring it on herself), but I find him pretty hilarious. When he steps out of his shop in the finale and saw the huge exodus through the gate and just says "nope" and turns around and goes back in I was dying. :lol:

Finished it. Couldn't not.

I know Luschek is entertaining and I admit I almost forgave him for that one moment :laugh: . I realise some of the blame is Nicky's but it was his fault the stuff was found and then he just threw her under the bus. What can I say, I miss Nicky!

I finished the series yesterday as well. I personally think that this was the strongest season to date.

Entire series spoilers

I personally believe that Taryn Manning, the woman who plays Pennsatucky, should win an Emmy for this performance. Her story was by far the most emotional for me to watch. I also liked the unlikely pairing of her and Lea DeLaria who plays Big Boo. She is a fantastic actress as well.

The rape scene was incredibly hard to watch, but was even more heartbreaking for me was the scene where Boo forced her to admit it.

I totally agree about Taryn Manning. She was amazing.

Nearly finished with the season, and felt like a Piper rant xP

Piper has some serious control complexes and I think she may actually be one of the worse people in that prison.

At least the rest of them are pretty true to themselves, and openly awful.

While Piper is just two-faced with a hidden agenda imo

Spoilers from the entire season:

It was a great season in the sense that I still love the characters and enjoy following them in their daily prison life. What I didn't enjoy was the fact that there wasn't really any movement in the big plot, just a couple of minor plots weaved together. The big plot, to me, was almost non-existing, more should happen in an entire season.

I also didn't like the praise-Norma-storyline, it just felt silly and boring and definitely took up too much time.

With all this being said, I immensely enjoyed the season, as I said much thanks to all the great characters more than the actual plot, and I am eager to find out if Alex died or not. I actually kind of hope that she did, since the Alex-Piper-back and forth-relationship is getting pretty old by now, to me they have taken that storyline as far as they possibly can, and I think it could be an interesting development to see Alex go and see what kind of mental place the ever-so-unstable Piper spins to after that.

Really hope that the rapist-guard gets some karma up his ass next season! Big Boo is a character that has really been growing on me this season, and I hope she won't let the issue rest with Pennsatucky being off the hook.

Btw, am I the only one that misses Larry? I hope he comes back for next season, even though it is starting to seem pretty unlikely. I'm still rooting for him and Piper to one day getting back together, but that will most likely not happen haha.

Spoilers from the entire season:

It was a great season in the sense that I still love the characters and enjoy following them in their daily prison life. What I didn't enjoy was the fact that there wasn't really any movement in the big plot, just a couple of minor plots weaved together. The big plot, to me, was almost non-existing, more should happen in an entire season.

I also didn't like the praise-Norma-storyline, it just felt silly and boring and definitely took up too much time.

With all this being said, I immensely enjoyed the season, as I said much thanks to all the great characters more than the actual plot, and I am eager to find out if Alex died or not. I actually kind of hope that she did, since the Alex-Piper-back and forth-relationship is getting pretty old by now, to me they have taken that storyline as far as they possibly can, and I think it could be an interesting development to see Alex go and see what kind of mental place the ever-so-unstable Piper spins to after that.

Really hope that the rapist-guard gets some karma up his ass next season! Big Boo is a character that has really been growing on me this season, and I hope she won't let the issue rest with Pennsatucky being off the hook.

Btw, am I the only one that misses Larry? I hope he comes back for next season, even though it is starting to seem pretty unlikely. I'm still rooting for him and Piper to one day getting back together, but that will most likely not happen haha.

Yes :P

Finished up the season last night.

Piper is awful this season. :ack: Not even love-to-hate...just hate. I think Boo & Pennsatucky were the strongest parts of the season and I also enjoyed getting to see Leanne, Norma, and Chang's backstories. Looking forward to seeing what they do next season with

Paula Deen Judy King. :D

Finished up the season last night.

Piper is awful this season. :ack: Not even love-to-hate...just hate. I think Boo & Pennsatucky were the strongest parts of the season and I also enjoyed getting to see Leanne, Norma, and Chang's backstories. Looking forward to seeing what they do next season with Paula Deen Judy King. :D

Spoilers for all the things:

The thing with Piper is that, for the first few episodes

It seems that the creator is deliberately trying to get you to hate her and trying too hard. Telling Alex is a manipulative move and she's a cunt? It just seems forced, like this particular creator really enjoys having shitty female protagonists

Of course, she later earns all of it. but it came off as weak.

But I don't really see the point of the season. It's like an interlude season. The baby plot moves forward, and Beercan gets some character development but nothing else "popped" to me.

Nearly finished with the season, and felt like a Piper rant xP

Piper has some serious control complexes and I think she may actually be one of the worse people in that prison.
At least the rest of them are pretty true to themselves, and openly awful.
While Piper is just two-faced with a hidden agenda imo

False: it's Healy.

Perhaps the worst. Like Piper he just seems to bounce between "perhaps changing" and "nope, still a dick". Healy is just a complete scumbag that went absolutely nowhere, character-wise, but to continue to be a massive scumbag. Especially the plot with his wife. Which doesn't even have the decency to either improve or explode.

Fuck him.

Yeah, I actually did think that maybe the writer was trying to make us hate Piper intentionally, but I'm not sure. If it's not deliberate, then yeah, she made one seriously unlikable protagonist. :ack:

I think I'm going to go back and start a season 1 re-watch tonight. :cheers:

I think the donut guard will get his if he tries shit with Maritza. I can't see the "Spanish" group letting him get by with anything.

Other than the Doggett/Boo story I think the Sophia story was sad as hell. I love Caputo for going after the corporation to get her out of SHU. And the hate fucking scene with Fig was hilarious.

I keep forgetting the Amish character's name but that back story was not what I was expecting. And agree with the rest that the Norma cult dragged on.

Was anyone else hoping that Stella would get away with it? Pretty gutsy to put that tattoo on piper and then rob her. And of course Piper had to assume it was Gonzalez (which reminded me of the Racegate episode of Maron).

And to whoever stated that the scene with Boo forcing Doggett to admit to the rape was harder to watch than the actual rape itself is completely correct. I actually choked up with that scene. It was heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.

Love this show even if it doesn't seem to have a direction each season. Extremely talented cast and writing.

Archived