Small Questions v.10099

Jon Weirgaryen

Yep what Consigliere said, the Watery Halls of the Drowned God and i'm trying to think of another. Don't the Wildlings have something they believe? Or possibly another Culture from Essos but there may not be another known afterlife belief.

aren't the wildlings Old Gods followers? Maybe some wildlings cultures have their own beliefs? Maybe there are more men like Craster...

The Reach, The Gardener Kings.

Here is this fragment:

Greatest of all the Gardeners was King Garth VII, the Goldenhand, a giant in both war and peace. As a boy, he turned back the Dornish when King Ferris Fowler led ten thousand men through the Wide Way (as the Prince's Pass was then called), intent on conquest. Soon after, he turned his attention to the sea and drove the last ironmen from their strongholds on the Shield Islands. Thereafter he resettled the islands with his fiercest fighters, granting them special dispensations for the purpose of turning them into a first defense against the ironborn, should they return. This proved a great success, and to this day the men of the Four Shields pride themselves on defending the mouth of the Mander and the heart of the Reach against any and all seaborne foes.

In his last and greatest war, Garth VII faced an alliance between the Storm King and the King of the Rock, intent on carving up the Reach between them, but he defeated them both, then with cunning words sowed such discord between them that they turned on one another with great slaughter at the Battle of Three Armies. In the aftermath he married his daughters to their heirs and signed a pact with each, fixing the borders between the three kingdoms.

Why is house Caron is listed as possibly Marcher house in the head post? I've thought they were the first among the marcher lords.

They are absolutely Marcher lords (rather than just possibly), but although they are styled as the "Lord of the Marches" they hold no dominion over the other Marcher lords. From the world book:

Thanks, I fixed it in the OP.

Question regarding the show:

I've seen lots of discussion how Trystane will fill Aegon's role in the show. Is this just speculation or is it based on any inside info or interview?

Aegon fans clinging on to one last hope of him being in the show.

I still think Aegon will be part of the show next season. Remember when people thought the Reeds were cut just cause they didn't show up when they were expected? I could totally imagine a scene near the end of the season finale where Varys receives word that Daenerys is missing and presumed dead only to shrug it off because she was basically plan B until the dragons hatched.

I still think Aegon will be part of the show next season. Remember when people thought the Reeds were cut just cause they didn't show up when they were expected? I could totally imagine a scene near the end of the season finale where Varys receives word that Daenerys is missing and presumed dead only to shrug it off because she was basically plan B until the dragons hatched.

:agree: ... atm the showrunners need to collect some material for the next 5-10 years, also to bridge the forthcoming gap between TWoW and ADos.

Can "Nymeros" be used by for example son of lord Adrien "The Red" Herring and princess Nymeria Martell?

He isn't member of House Martell, but is technicly "from the line of Nymeria"

House Nymeros Martell was an established house.. it isn't simply used to point to any descendants of Nymeria..

So unless Nymeria and her husband, Adrien Herring, created a new house when marrying, no.

House Nymeros Martell was an established house.. it isn't simply used to point to any descendants of Nymeria..

So unless Nymeria and her husband, Adrien Herring, created a new house when marrying, no.

Thanks.

Another small questions : how it's possible to have colored text in signature? I've tried copying colored text from Google Docs and it was black after pasting into forum. ..

:agree: ... atm the showrunners need to collect some material for the next 5-10 years, also to bridge the forthcoming gap between TWoW and ADos.

are they talking about a gap between TWOW & ADOS?

If so, I take this as a STRONG clue that we have 4 or more books yet to go...

Yep what Consigliere said, the Watery Halls of the Drowned God and i'm trying to think of another. Don't the Wildlings have something they believe? Or possibly another Culture from Essos but there may not be another known afterlife belief.

In AFFCs, Aemon is talking to Sam about death (I think it is split over two Chapters in order to hide what Aemon is saying) and I think Aemon lists a number of 'afterlife' beliefs that he is familiar with...

He ends by saying that [paraphrase] "or maybe there is nothing but cold, pain, and suffering beyond the wall of death."

I have always interpreted this as verification that Ned Stark's "Cold Hell reserved for the Starks of Winterfell" does exists & that this cold Hell is beyond the wall, in the Heart of Winter... I believe that this is where Jon will find Benjin in TWoW... I also take this as verification that the Starks are the Others...

Archived