Small Questions v.10099

Jon Weirgaryen

Rather say "don't blindly take for a fact what isn't sourced"

And then proceed to use that source to find the material in the books..

I personally don't believe everything the books say. They were written by a human after all...

I understand the point you were trying to make. While my comment was a joke it's also true. There are mistakes in the books too. Like this one from the Dance appendix that I only became aware of recently:

his cousin, JON CONNINGTON, once Lord of Storm’s End and Hand of the King, exiled by Aerys II Targaryen, believed dead of drink,

"his cousin, JON CONNINGTON, once Lord of Storm’s End and Hand of the King, exiled by Aerys II Targaryen, believed dead of drink,"

I thought this was attributed to Aerys granting Jon Conn Storm's End when he gave him the Handship? As a kind of reward, before the fact. By that point there was likely some decree from Aerys about Robert and some of the others, losing their title and keeps.

"his cousin, JON CONNINGTON, once Lord of Storm’s End and Hand of the King, exiled by Aerys II Targaryen, believed dead of drink,"

I thought this was attributed to Aerys granting Jon Conn Storm's End when he gave him the Handship? As a kind of reward, before the fact. By that point there was likely some decree from Aerys about Robert and some of the others, losing their title and keeps.

I initially figured the same, but Ran confirmed it was an error.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/34958-the-asoiaf-wiki-thread/?p=6652604

How did Illyrio find Barristan? Or was it the other way around? And does Barristan know Varys was working against Robert Baratheon?

Barristan probably knew to go to Pentos because Illyrio had been discussed in the Small Council meetings.. I also don't put it past Varys to drop subtle hints about that "cheesemonger" being friends with Viserys and Daenerys. Once in Pentos, there would have little trouble meeting Illyrio, especially if Illyrio knew Barristan was in Pentos.

How much of Winterfell did Roose rebuild?

Didn't he build a bigger stable?

He rebuilt enough that the new construction includes Hidden Passageways... else wise their would have been no need to hang the people who helped rebuild it...

Archived