The Complete Winds of Winter Resource v. 2

BryndenBFish

So we now know two things:

(1) Book 6 is about as likely in 2016 as a meteor strike.

(2) The translator will get it before we do.

I took that differently, but I'm only reading this summary, are we sure he didn't mean the book would be out in 2016 UNLESS a meteor strike, e.g. a very hopeful sign?

Here's my translation. Make of it what you will:

Radio Host: The sixth book will be out ?
Cuervo: It is anticipated next year.
Radio Host: In English, but: In Spanish when will it be?
Cuervo: They had promised us that they will pass us the manuscript somewhat in advance of the date of release in English, so that there wont be a big difference.
Radio Host: But anyway it will surely be next year, right?
Cuervo: Yes, well, we'll see, sure ... a meteorite could fall.

If anyone wants to critique my translation, the Spanish can be found here:

http://lossietereinos.com/alejo-cuervo-gigamesh-esta-previsto-que-vientos-de-invierno-sea-publicado-en-2016-tambien-en-espanol/#

Here's my translation. Make of it what you will:

Radio Host: The sixth book will be out ?
Cuervo: It is anticipated next year.
Radio Host: In English, but: In Spanish when will it be?
Cuervo: They had promised us that they will pass us the manuscript somewhat in advance of the date of release in English, so that there wont be a big difference.
Radio Host: But anyway it will surely be next year, right?
Cuervo: Yes, well, we'll see, sure ... a meteorite could fall.

If anyone wants to critique my translation, the Spanish can be found here:

http://lossietereinos.com/alejo-cuervo-gigamesh-esta-previsto-que-vientos-de-invierno-sea-publicado-en-2016-tambien-en-espanol/#

Thank you. The word used in relation to next year was "previsto," meaning anticipated or expected, NOT "promised" as was "translated" in the bit posted upthread. Big difference there.

The whole thing:

Sixth book will be out...?

It's expected it to be next year.

In English, but what about Spanish?

We've been promised to be given the manuscript a bit earlier than the english release so it wouldn't be a great difference.

But, it's next year for sure, right?

Yes. well, I mean, sure... a meteorite could happen.

*We've been in contact with Gigamesh (NT: official publisher for GoT in Spain) and we've been told that the release in 2016 is pretty much what we all know.

Let's remember that not so much ago Martin said he wanted it finished before the premier of S6, and his words have been pointing out for the same. So, yes, it's good news to confirm that, in inner channels the same is expected (he was with Cristina Macía* in Archipelacon few weeks ago)

*official translator for ASOIAF in Spanish... not very good, imo.

~

This makes sound, to me, that the date has been circulating by editors and publishers since few time ago.

¿El sexto libro saldrá…? 

Está previsto que el año que viene.*
En inglés, pero ¿en español cuándo estará?
Nos han prometido que nos pasarán el manuscrito con algo de antelación respecto a la fecha de salida en inglés, por lo que no habrá una gran diferencia.
Pero, ¿igualmente será el año que viene seguro, no?
Sí. Bueno, a ver, seguro… podría caer un meteorito.

*Nos hemos puesto en contacto con Gigamesh y nos han comentado que lo del lanzamiento de Vientos de Invierno en 2016 es más o menos lo que sabemos todos.

This is my take:

the sixth book will come out...?
It's expected for next year*
In english, but in spanish when will it be?
They promised to give us the manuscript prior to the release date in english, so there won't be a big difference.
But surely it will be next year, no?
Yes. Well, let's see, sure... a meteorite might fall.

* We have contacted Gigamesh and they told us that (this whole thing about) the release of The Winds of Winter in 2016 is more or less what we all know.  / (Note: the original sentence is in impossible spanish)

ETA:  :ninja: JCRB translation is better

Don't get excited, Old Nan established since the first book that all crows (i.e. Cuervos) are liars.

The 7 kingdoms (los siete reinos) is an established fan site, so no clickbait there. But going back to my previous point, Alejo Cuervo also said in the interview that:

Dice que George les explicó que recibe muchas quejas por las traducciones en muchos países, pero eso no pasa con las traducciones en español

He says that George told him that he receives many complaints regarding the translations in many countries, but that does not happen with the Spanish translations

That being said, as a speaker of the Spanish spoken in the Americas, I do not particularly like the Castilian (i.e. Spaniard Spanish) translations as too many jokes were lost on them (for example: all Reek jokes were lost as "Hediondo" as no funny rhymes, while the alternative translation of "Apestoso" has tens of funny rhymes).

Don't get excited, Old Nan established since the first book that all crows (i.e. Cuervos) are liars.

The 7 kingdoms (los siete reinos) is an established fan site, so no clickbait there. But going back to my previous point, Alejo Cuervo also said in the interview that:

That being said, as a speaker of the Spanish spoken in the Americas, I do not particularly like the Castilian (i.e. Spaniard Spanish) translations as too many jokes were lost on them (for example: all Reek jokes were lost as "Hediondo" as no funny rhymes, while the alternative translation of "Apestoso" has tens of funny rhymes).

Thank you. And oh man, I hear the "Reek" jokes and rhymes failed in many translations.

Thank you. And oh man, I hear the "Reek" jokes and rhymes failed in many translations.

Actually, the translator mentioned her frustration regarding this at the Archipelacon. "Reek" turned up in ACOK, she needed a translation and had no idea she would need a lot of rhymes on it three books later...

Archived