Just finished ADWD Part 1, where is Varys?

Answering this is a MASSIVE spoiler, just click if you really want to:

In the books Varys does not join Tyrion on the boat. Instead he stays in King's Landing in the tunnels of the Red Keep. He reappears late i the book.

In the epilogue where he murders Kevan Lannister and Grand Maester Pycelle in order destabilize the Lannister-Tyrell government.

• 2 weeks later...

The show is not the books, and will go its separate way more and more.. That includes Varys..

But do keep reading.. Keep in mind that a big part of Dance takes place at the same time as Feast... In Feast, there are hints as to what Varys is doing while he has "disappeared", though you might only get them after reading certain parts of Dance. Eventually, in Dance,

he will show up again..

In Feast, there are hints as to what Varys is doing while he has "disappeared", though you might only get them after reading certain parts of Dance.

What kind of hints? About all I got was that his old people started whispering to the new Spider and I assumed he's part of the info loop yet but I didn't get the impression he played much direct part in #4.

What kind of hints? About all I got was that his old people started whispering to the new Spider and I assumed he's part of the info loop yet but I didn't get the impression he played much direct part in #4.

I'm on phone, so can't quote the entire passages..

In Feast, Cersei thinks she hears something behind the walls.. she tries to tell herself that it is nothing dangerous, that it's just some mice... In Dance, we learn that instead of little birds, Varys used to call his spies his little mice. A hint that while the passages have been discovered, and Varys has been displaced, his personal spy network in KL is still in operation.

Also in Feast, we are suddenly told about a puppet show, winning popularity amongst the citizens in KL, about a pride osf lion who kill all the noble animals (including the noble stag), when suddenly a dragon appears (hatches from an egg) who devours the lions, and is then cheered by the people.. sounds quite a lot like a certain plot Varys is involved in in Dance, concerning a young griff...

Those are the two I can currently think off... Further, or course, we learn a bit more about Varys' role in Tyrions escape, and one of the identities Varys often used, and his possible involvement in the disappearance of Tyrek.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived