[TWOW Spoilers] Alayne I, v. 3

When it comes to discussing future events for KL, whats missing is the effect the murders of Kevan and Pycelle will have.  Varys wanted to disrupt the efforts Kevan was making to put KL into order by taking him out and causing a power vacuum at the top, which he has achieved.  Having Kevan dead doesn't necessarily put Cersei back in charge.  But how will it play out remains to be seen.

Will that affect the Vale?  The tourney may provide all sorts of unintended consequences for LF's plans, and that may put the Vale into instability as well.  Once the news from KL reaches the Vale it could affect what's happening there too.

I doubt that Cersei will send UnGregor anywhere as I think that monster will blow up in her an Qyburn's faces.  Already other members of the KG are noticing weird things about their newest member.

With the chaos caused by Kevan's murder, I for one don't see Sansa heading south anytime soon if at all. 

Well, I watch Elio and Linda's recaps of the show, but I don't watch the show. This is mostly because they talk about the books on the recaps and for some reason, seeing Linda get mad is really entertaining for me.

I just don't think because they decided to edit out the Vale story and catapult Sansa into Jeyne's place that that necessarily means that Sansa will lose her virginity in the books. They have changed so much I don't think other than the ultimate ending that the story will be much the same for these last two books.

See, George based a lot of the background for these books on the War of the Roses, which although much of the fighting ended before she ascended the throne, the instability didn't go away until Elizabeth was Queen. Her sister Mary might have been the figure that ended all the mistrust and vitriol except she went crazy on the Anglicans and threatened to set off a whole new civil war. Maybe Myrcella will go crazy after they kill her Mommy and with no real support other than from Dorne she goes on a witchhunt against the Faith. Then Alayne, pro Westerlands (Tyrion), pro Vale, pro Riverlands, pro North, pro Dorne (female inheritance) will ascend the throne and heal the realm.

I should note, I am not a Sansa fan, when I reread I don't read most of her chapters, but I am an Elizabeth I fan, mostly because I am reading history books instead of living under her rule, and she's well regarded by English historians.

I love Queen Elizabeth as well. I've studied her a lot. But aside from the red hair, everyone trying to marry her, and the creepy stepfather wanting to molest her, she and Sansa have little in common, especially personality-wise.

One thing that I feel has to be taken into account is that whilst GRRM uses history and historical figures to inspire many aspects of his characters, he very rarely takes that inspiration to the degree where the character directly and fully mirrors the historical figure. 

Whilst Sansa has undeniably got some elements of Elizabeth I in her story I doubt very much she will directly and faithfully correspond with that monarch. 

When looking at  a characters future one has to look at all aspects of the story, what has the character experienced so far, where did they start out, what do the things they have experienced when taking that characters starting point indicate for their future.  What historical events and figures could the author be utilising for inspiration for this character? and what folk tales and fairy stories seem to be at play in their story. All of these things need to be looked at when deciding where you think the story will go. 

In regard to Sansa it seems to me that there are various strong themes running throughout her story.

Non of which are served by her having been raped during the blackwater. 

In regard to building a theory for her future one has to look to the text, and not just a couple of paragraphs but the entire body. When you do that several themes come to the fore for Sansa.

1: her personal growth from malleable compliant willing female within a patriarchal society to independent thinking and self determining young woman determined to use the world to her advantage not be used. 

2: her relationship with sandor which mirrors in many ways beauty and the beast, but which GRRM is utilising in a way which reflects the other aspects of Sansa's story. As opposed to it merely being about the beauty falling for the beast despite his beastliness. 

3: her relationship with her sister, Arya. This is a subtle theme within her story as most people simply assume she doesn't care for her very much given their early on conflict. But in this chapter and others we see Sansa reflecting upon her play with Arya (and Jeyne who is also an important factor within Sansa's story.) reflecting on her little sister trying to keep up. I think personally that the sisters relationship will be a part of both their future's and not in the violent conflicted way that most people seem to think.

Sansa's not independently thinking or self determining. She is merely doing what LF directs and does so without regard to what she herself wants. The initiative she takes is to further LF's will and could be from a LF playbook.

When LF is cast aside Sansa will run her own show, she will be independent in her climb to the throne, but she won't be self determining, she'll be doing not what she wants but what she was taught, how she has learned she is supposed to react in the situation.

Chrisdaw, what you miss is the fact that we all learn from our peers and our tutors and that is how human development tends to work. People make the mistake of forgetting that Sansa is a an adolescent, still learning, and yes she is beginning to self determine. 

1: she is thinking about how people only want her for her claim and has asserted that she will not marry again for anything less than love/her own advantage.  now we see her in Alayne I seemingly wooing Harry for the express purpose of marrying him as LF has told her. But in reality we do not know what her intentions are as yet and the fact she previously thought internally that she won't be simply used tells us that things are not as simple as her blindly following his instruction. 

2: She is self aware, she knows that the Lemon cake Giants lance is for HER, she knows the effect she has upon the males around her and she knows how sweet Robin feels about her. And she knows why she is valuable to so many beyond her looks as well. And she knows how she feels about all these things. 

3: People assume her skill with harry at the dance is ALL LF's instruction but we have been shown Sansa's ability to charm and manipulate men of her own volition many times in the books, and indeed she does it in this very chapter, well before LF tells her how, In the courtyard. LF thinks he is schooling her but she is simply allowing his ego to be inflated by playing dumb for him. We know this by the fact she does not in fact follow his every instruction, she refrains from inviting Harry out onto the balcony. And the way she has done the same witty flirtation with other characters of her own volition before. And how she goes way beyond LF's suggestions and adds some Spice ;) into the conversation. She is able to judge what drives Harry's ego and his libido, and use that to play him way better than LF's initial suggestions. The fact she played dumb for LF when we know she is fully aware of how to flirt tells us she plays him too. Which is again confirmed in her smug knowledge that the lemon cake is for her. 

4: Following LF's plan is currently in line with what she herself wants, so why not go along with his plan so long as it suits her own desires? only an idiot would refuse help from an expert in achieving ones goals? Sansa wants her name back, she wants to return to the North and she wants Winterfell restored under the Stark banners. LF has promised her all of this and laid out a plan for her to achieve it. Her following the plan does not exclude her self determining her destiny. The very fact we have a ton of foreshadowing that sansa will destroy LF tells us the likely hood is high that she is going to go her own way once he is no longer useful to her. 

When LF is cast aside Sansa will run her own show, she will be independent in her climb to the throne, but she won't be self determining, she'll be doing not what she wants but what she was taught, how she has learned she is supposed to react in the situation.

Emphasis mine.

See this is where I have a problem with your assessment of sansa. So anyone who has ever received lessons in something from a teacher is incapable of self determining? How does that work? 

Say i take riding lessons, and I become very good, and I chose to enter a gymkhana, and I win some ribbons, who deserves the honour for those wins? me or my teacher? of course it is me. i was the one who decided to enter and it was my skill which won the ribbons. Of course my teacher will be proud and say I taught her.  But that in no way makes my win theirs. and it in no way means I was merely doing as I was taught without any self determined direction in the way in which I performed. 

You see, you speak as though a student is never and can never be more than what they were taught. If this is the case how do we ever make advancements in any field? Surely is Sansa can never take credit for anything herself due to having once had a tutor then no one else can at all either. What is your profession? Do you feel you are just performing the things you were taught by your supervisor or tutor in university? ect. Or do you feel you deserve recognition for the things which you have achieved? 

Sansa's not independently thinking or self determining. She is merely doing what LF directs and does so without regard to what she herself wants. The initiative she takes is to further LF's will and could be from a LF playbook.

~~~snip~~~

Not independently thinking? 

I carefully reread the chapter and disagree.  'Alayne' thinks of Sansa's family members three times in this chapter and they include Ned, Robb and Arya.  She even remembers Jeyne Poole.  Her idea of the Winged Knights is to provide protection for SR.  She remembers that her husband still lives.  To me these are not thoughts directed by LF, these are thoughts of someone remembering her family and showing concern for SR.

She notes and is surprised at the "venom" in Lyn Cobray's voice when he speaks of LF.  This causes her to wonder if he is still loyal to LF or just pretending to be hateful towards him.  Later, after she meets HtH and the Waynwoods and has shown them to their rooms, she  runs into Lothor Brune who calls Harry an "arse and a upjumped squire".  What does she do when she hears these insults?  She give Lothor a hug!  Does she tell LF about what Cobray or Brune said?  No, she doesn't, she keeps this info to herself.  If she had no independence or self determining thoughts, why did she not report what these two men said to LF?

She's become friends with Myranda, someone LF tried to warn her away from, but she befriended her anyway.  Not independent thinking, doing only what LF directs?  No, I can't agree.

She notes and is surprised at the "venom" in Lyn Cobray's voice when he speaks of LF.  This causes her to wonder if he is still loyal to LF or just pretending to be hateful towards him.  Later, after she meets HtH and the Waynwoods and has shown them to their rooms, she  runs into Lothor Brune who calls Harry an "arse and a upjumped squire".  What does she do when she hears these insults?  She give Lothor a hug!  Does she tell LF about what Cobray or Brune said?  No, she doesn't, she keeps this info to herself.  If she had no independence or self determining thoughts, why did she not report what these two men said to LF?

She's become friends with Myranda, someone LF tried to warn her away from, but she befriended her anyway.  Not independent thinking, doing only what LF directs?  No, I can't agree.

I kind of agree, but she did tell LF what Harry said to her and he basically gave her a variation of the speech that Tyrion gave Jon way, way, way back in Game of Thrones. I don't think anyone calling her bastard will bother her anymore. So, she's taking her lessons and much like Arya is not reporting everything to her present guardian.

Harry isn't one of LF's men though, Cobray and Brune are.  Cobray showed anger at LF in public for giving his brother a young woman to breed a heir with.   Brune was just talking in private to Sansa. 

Is their loyalty slipping?  Is Cobray playing a part and Brune just bellyaching about the boss's choice of a betrothal to the boss's daughter?  Maybe, but Sansa doesn't know for sure and she doesn't mention these incidents to LF either.     Upon rereading the chapter I redact my comment, she did tell LF that Brune called him an 'upjumped squire'.

My argument would be these small incidents show she is independently thinking and not completely controlled by LF which how I read chrisdaw's post.  I would say she does have her own thoughts and would contend she's less under LF's control than he thinks she is.

Edited by LongRider

Not independently thinking? 

I carefully reread the chapter and disagree.  'Alayne' thinks of Sansa's family members three times in this chapter and they include Ned, Robb and Arya.  She even remembers Jeyne Poole.  Her idea of the Winged Knights is to provide protection for SR.  She remembers that her husband still lives.  To me these are not thoughts directed by LF, these are thoughts of someone remembering her family and showing concern for SR.

One would assume independent thoughts are meaning with regards to playing the game, not common memories or everyday thoughts every person has, it's not independent thought as much as paying attention. I noted the Winged Knights as her initiative, a LF method for LF's purpose, but more progress none the less.

What the chapter shows most overwhelmingly is that she is currently dedicating herself in full to LF's plan. She has done so naturally, instinctively, without having ever really stopped to consider and then decide on what she wants. Someone points, she goes.

Since it is specifically this 'kiss' that is the method the author uses to highlight Sansa's 'misremembering', I'd say that the kiss will be part of the more important mismemory to come.

I think the kiss is the important mismemory. They first mismemory is the sword, the important mismemory is the kiss.

The Lion’s Paw / Lion’s Tooth business, on the other hand, is intentional. A small touch of the unreliable narrator. I was trying to establish that the memories of my viewpoint characters are not infallible. Sansa is simply remembering it wrong. A very minor thing (you are the only one to catch it to date), but it --> the sword mismemory

was meant to set the stage for a much more important lapse in memory. --> the unkiss mismemory

You will see, in A STORM OF SWORDS and later volumes, that Sansa remembers the Hound kissing her the night he came to her bedroom… but if you look at the scene, he never does. That will eventually mean something, but just now it’s a subtle touch, something most of the readers may not even pick up on.

I think she wants to kiss him! :lol:

What the chapter shows most overwhelmingly is that she is currently dedicating herself in full to LF's plan. She has done so naturally, instinctively, without having ever really stopped to consider and then decide on what she wants. Someone points, she goes.

On what are you basing this assumption? 

I'd say we have evidence that she has clearly thought about LF's plan and if it suits her. After all we had her internal thoughts in AFFC where she was thinking no way I am never re marrying unless it is on my own terms. But then we se her seemingly working towards marrying Harry. Are you trying to say that despite thinking the opposite she has naturally, instinctively without ever really stopping to consider and decide what she wants, followed LF's plan to marry him? 

because to me the two things are impossible to reconcile without the logical assumption that sansa has thought about what she wants and decided that LF's current plan suits her desires and that the most likelihood of success lies in following his plan for now. 

It's not me doing the assuming, you're the one assuming thoughts for Sansa that are not provided in the text.

So while you're at it, how does she feel about LF's ominous prediction, that it's not if but 'when' SR dies? I mean, by your reckoning she's obviously thought about it, so are we to assume she's fine with ploughing a path that includes the death of her cousin?

You don't make sense, there's nothing to reconcile, she does as she's told without regard to what she wants, she doesn't think the opposite, she doesn't think anything, she's told, she does. Of course It doesn't help that besides going back in time to when everyone was alive and in WF she doesn't really know what she wants.

Are you being deliberately obtuse here. In one chapter we have her thinking about her desires with regard to mariage. In many chapters we have her thinking about her desires in regard to going home and having her true name back, In this chapter we have her going along with a plan which achieves the latter of those goals. Therefore she must have thought about it and have been willing to sacrifice goal number one in order to achieve goal number two.

sansa's head is not despite your insistence, a vacuum. filled with bunnies and fluffy clouds. She frequently demonstrates her acumen.   

she tells us she has goal number one, and goal number two, and then we see her seemingly sacrificing goal number one to get to goal number two. in what part of that isn't blatantly obvious that some form of consideration must have taken place off screen so to speak?

As to Robert Arryn. She hasn't given us any real clues as to how she feels about LF's assumption that he will die. But certainly in her internal thoughts she seems to think he will one day have a wife. Which rather indicates that she does not expect him to die, and as she has contrived to have the boy protected 24/7 by an elite guard I'd say she isn't on board with LF's plan entirely. Now untill we see her actions or read her thoughts further on the matter I'd be reluctant to jump to any conclusion, as unlike in my own example. The possibillities are varied. With my own example either you realise a rather clear and obvious thought process has taken place for Sansa where she has decided to compromise goal one for goal two. Or you take the stance that she is a blithering imbecile who can not process information nor grasp the outcome of LF's plans. Now given that she is very clearly not the latter I'd say we have a conclusion.

Where as with SR, well she either 1: Knows deep down the child will die naturally and is just trying to ensure he is less afraid during life. But then we have to wonder why she thinks of him having a wife?

2:  She is on board with killing him as part of the plan, but again why would she contrive a plan to have him guarded and why think of him having a wife?

3: she is an utter idiot who can't grasp the basic elements of LF's plan and is just floating along on her little fluffy cloud petting her bunnies.

4: she is aware of the plan, but feels she has some method by which to subvert it, her thinking of him one day having a wife and contriving an elite guard for him, in this scenario makes perfect sense.

But as I said I don't feel yet there is quite enough information with which to make that call as to which scenario is going on here. 

Edited by The Weirwoods Eyes

Are you being deliberately obtuse here. In one chapter we have her thinking about her desires with regard to mariage. In many chapters we have her thinking about her desires in regard to going home and having her true name back, In this chapter we have her going along with a plan which achieves the latter of those goals. Therefore she must have thought about it and have been willing to sacrifice goal number one in order to achieve goal number two.

sansa's head is not despite your insistence, a vacuum. filled with bunnies and fluffy clouds. She frequently demonstrates her acumen.   
she tells us she has goal number one, and goal number two, and then we see her seemingly sacrificing goal number one to get to goal number two. in what part of that isn't blatantly obvious that some form of consideration must have taken place off screen so to speak?

No, she mustn't have thought about anything, that's you projecting, assuming, and oh please do quote me where she tells us those one and two goals.

As to Robert Arryn. She hasn't given us any real clues as to how she feels about LF's assumption that he will die. But certainly in her internal thoughts she seems to think he will one day have a wife. Which rather indicates that she does not expect him to die, and as she has contrived to have the boy protected 24/7 by an elite guard I'd say she isn't on board with LF's plan entirely. Now untill we see her actions or read her thoughts further on the matter I'd be reluctant to jump to any conclusion, as unlike in my own example. The possibillities are varied. With my own example either you realise a rather clear and obvious thought process has taken place for Sansa where she has decided to compromise goal one for goal two. Or you take the stance that she is a blithering imbecile who can not process information nor grasp the outcome of LF's plans. Now given that she is very clearly not the latter I'd say we have a conclusion.
Where as with SR, well she either 1: Knows deep down the child will die naturally and is just trying to ensure he is less afraid during life. But then we have to wonder why she thinks of him having a wife?
2:  She is on board with killing him as part of the plan, but again why would she contrive a plan to have him guarded and why think of him having a wife?
3: she is an utter idiot who can't grasp the basic elements of LF's plan and is just floating along on her little fluffy cloud petting her bunnies.
4: she is aware of the plan, but feels she has some method by which to subvert it, her thinking of him one day having a wife and contriving an elite guard for him, in this scenario makes perfect sense.

But as I said I don't feel yet there is quite enough information with which to make that call as to which scenario is going on here.

Come now, lack of any textual evidence hasn't stopped you projecting on her anywhere else, why now?

First off, I was mistaken when I said that Sansa did not tell LF about Brune's comments, she did.  I've gone back and edited my post above to reflect that.

Sansa is not a mindless thrall to LF.  Reading the chapter here's some 'compare and contrast'.  Alayne says or thinks something, and Sansa has a come back;

And if the gods are good, he will love me too. Her tummy gave a little flutter.
 No man can wed me so long as my dwarf husband still lives somewhere in this world.

“No. I want to marry you, Alayne.” [said Sweet Robin]
     Once your lady mother intended that very thing, but I was trueborn then, and noble.

Outside the window she could hear the laughter of the washerwomen at the well, the din of steel on steel from the ward where the knights were at their drills. Good sounds...
     Alayne loved it here. She felt alive again, for the first since her father… since Lord Eddard Stark had died.

Why not surround him with Winged Knights?  She had thought one night, after Sweetrobin had finally drifted off to sleep. His own Kingsguard, to keep him safe and make him brave.

as she ran, she forget who she was, and where, and found herself remembering bright cold days at Winterfell, when she would race through Winterfell with her friend Jeyne Poole, with Arya running after them trying to keep up.

He blushed, which only made his pimples look angrier.  “No, my lady.   I am from Gulltown.”
      And I am not, though Alayne was born there. She would need to be careful around this one.

“My Harry will be with them, though. I notice that you left him out. I shall never forgive you for stealing him away from me. He’s the boy I want to marry.” [said Myranda]    “The betrothal was my father’s doing,”  Alayne protested, as she had a hundred times before She is only teasing, she told herself… but behind the japes, she could hear the hurt.

Near the keep, she ran headlong into Ser Lothor Brune and almost knocked him off his feet. “Harry the Heir?  Harry the Arse, I say. He’s just some upjumped squire.”

Alayne was so grateful that she hugged him. “Thank you. Have you seen my father, ser?”

I think these are enough samples. 

Just for fun, I wanted to quote the sentences from the chapter I found to ambiguous, to me anyway, (all bolding mine) 

Myranda Royce considered the victor thoughtfully.  “Do you think if I asked nicely Ser Lyn would kill my suitors for me?”    

Alayne did not dignify that question with an answer. “Lady Waynwood will be here soon, with her sons.”   Is that a promise or a threat?” Myranda said.

Harry was staring at her. He knows who I am, she realized, and he does not seem pleased to see me.

“So far as he knows, that’s who you are [a bastard].  This betrothal was never his idea, and Bronze Yohn has no doubt warned him against my wiles.  You are my daughter.  He does not trust you, and he believes that you’re beneath him.”      “Well, I’m not.  He may think he’s some great knight, but Ser Lothor says he’s just some upjumped squire.”

Alayne spoke up. “His singing pleased her greatly, and she showed him too much favor, perhaps.  When she wed my father he went mad and pushed her out the Moon Door.  Lord Robert has hated singing ever since.  He is still fond of music, though.”

Charm him.  Entrance him.  Bewitch him.  “If you insist.

He grinned.  “I will hold you to that promise, my lady.  Until that day, may I wear your favor in the tourney?”     “You may not.  It is promised to… another.”  She was not sure who as yet, but she knew she would find someone.

:)

Edited by LongRider

No, she mustn't have thought about anything, that's you projecting, assuming, and oh please do quote me where she tells us those one and two goals.

Come now, lack of any textual evidence hasn't stopped you projecting on her anywhere else, why now?

I really do think I have provided enough to prove my point. I'd like you to disprove it, using text and logical reasoning. As realistically if you truly believe that a person can think in one chapter how she doesn't ever want to marry again, but in the next be working towards a plan which includes marriage and NOT have thought about it in between then you must seriously lack in reading comprehension and reasoning skills, and I don't think that you truly do. 

It is evident from her internal thoughts what her goals are. To be herself again, to be loved for herself and return to winterfell. 

I'm not someone who has an E reader so searching through all of her chapters and pulling every single quote would take me all day. possibly two days and it is the summer holidays and I have three kids at home, dinner to make, laundry to do ect. So no I shall not be indulging your request. because I don't believe you truly do not grasp that she wants those things. As Anyone with the most basic grasp on literature and human nature can ascertain her desires from reading her chapters themselves. I doubt very much you truly need hand holding all the way through her chapters in order to grasp that. 

What you're alleging, having provided nothing textual to back it with, is that Sansa has thought about what she wants and derived a plan to achieve it, all off screen without any allusion. Now to achieve this plan she must have either decided she is fine with SR's death or derived her own plan to achieve it contrary to LF's in which SR doesn't die. I'm perfectly happy to wait for TWOW to prove otherwise as it's apparent I'm not going to get anything from the text here.

What I allege is that she hasn't given it thought, she is simply doing what she is directed to in the manner she is directed. That she is acting the parrot that GRRM had Sandor describe her as. She doesn't really want Harry and she doesn't really want this plan, she just hasn't realised it yet, but she will and when she does it will be a partial awakening, she will begin her playing for herself, her own plans for her own power.

Only partial though, because really she doesn't want to play at all. They made her into a player, she was never asked if she wanted to play, and she doesn't, it's too dangerous, ultimately her arcs when she decides not to play, her first real act of self.

Pretty sure I've said more than enough to prove my point. No need to add anything else because you clearly have nothing at all to counter my argument with other than asking for quotes. Which I have explained i'm not doing right now. As I have got an actual life & I know full well that you are as well versed in her chapters as any of us and know full well to what I am referring. 

To claim that a person can go from declaring one thing in their head to doing things which directly go against that assertion, without having given the matter any consideration is just ridiculous. 

What you're alleging, having provided nothing textual to back it with, is that Sansa has thought about what she wants and derived a plan to achieve it, all off screen without any allusion. Now to achieve this plan she must have either decided she is fine with SR's death or derived her own plan to achieve it contrary to LF's in which SR doesn't die. I'm perfectly happy to wait for TWOW to prove otherwise as it's apparent I'm not going to get anything from the text here.

What I allege is that she hasn't given it thought, she is simply doing what she is directed to in the manner she is directed. That she is acting the parrot that GRRM had Sandor describe her as. She doesn't really want Harry and she doesn't really want this plan, she just hasn't realised it yet, but she will and when she does it will be a partial awakening, she will begin her playing for herself, her own plans for her own power.

Only partial though, because really she doesn't want to play at all. They made her into a player, she was never asked if she wanted to play, and she doesn't, it's too dangerous, ultimately her arcs when she decides not to play, her first real act of self.

I agree with what you are saying, I think the chapter is quite troubling. I think he meant it to be troubling. She's being pimped out by Littlefinger, and there are hints about parallels to Jeyne, how can that not be troubling.

I think the last line is a glimmer of what you say in bold, as something suggestive: "You may not. It is promised to… another." She was not sure who as yet, but she knew she would find someone. This is the hint of a game changer, and it's ahead.

Edited by Le Cygne

I really do think I have provided enough to prove my point. I'd like you to disprove it, using text and logical reasoning. As realistically if you truly believe that a person can think in one chapter how she doesn't ever want to marry again, but in the next be working towards a plan which includes marriage and NOT have thought about it in between then you must seriously lack in reading comprehension and reasoning skills, and I don't think that you truly do. 

It is evident from her internal thoughts what her goals are. To be herself again, to be loved for herself and return to winterfell. 

I'm not someone who has an E reader so searching through all of her chapters and pulling every single quote would take me all day. possibly two days and it is the summer holidays and I have three kids at home, dinner to make, laundry to do ect. So no I shall not be indulging your request. because I don't believe you truly do not grasp that she wants those things. As Anyone with the most basic grasp on literature and human nature can ascertain her desires from reading her chapters themselves. I doubt very much you truly need hand holding all the way through her chapters in order to grasp that. 

asearchoficeandfire.com

You're welcome. ;)