[TWOW Spoilers] Alayne I, v. 3

Even if LF was not at the Fingers, it still doesn't put him at Harrenhall, which is not on the way to the Vale.  All in all, it seems like your saying its theoretically possible, without providing any reason for it, or able to explain why it's likely.  Is there any reason he would be at Harrenhall, and even if he was, any reason he would be able to get word to Riverrun before the lord of Harrenhall?

I'm not saying anything. That was my first post on the thread. The only point was, if Littlefinger was supposedly at the Fingers, what would that prove? Noone would ever be able to verify if that was even true. So who knows where Littlefinger was at the time?

We want to find a way to obsolve Rheagar and Lyanna from having done something very, very wrong that sent thousands upon thousands to their deaths and brought down a dynasty and nearly wiped out house Stark. It really would not be surprising of there was some kind of deliberate communication interference when the two of them and their guards left for their destination and given Littlefinger's clever nature and his motivations, a mere boy of what at the time, 15, 16 would be the likely one? I am sure the answer will be given to Bran through the tree network

Edited by A Ghost of Someone

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, i did not comb through the first 2 versions... so please let me know if this is obvious and has been covered:

Petyr has arranged for Harry the Heir to win wings.  He needs Sansa to keep Harry interested just long enough for the tourney to end and Harry becomes one of the Winged Knights. After that Harry is stuck guarding Sweet Robin, giving Petyr and Sansa time to fully win him over, or dispose of him.  Added benefit:  If some steely misfortune falls on Sweet Robin, Harry (as one of his protectors) can be blamed even if he didn't wield the knife.      All in all a great power play by Little Finger.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2016 at 9:29 AM, Deep Like Davos said:

Sorry, i did not comb through the first 2 versions... so please let me know if this is obvious and has been covered:

Petyr has arranged for Harry the Heir to win wings.  He needs Sansa to keep Harry interested just long enough for the tourney to end and Harry becomes one of the Winged Knights. After that Harry is stuck guarding Sweet Robin, giving Petyr and Sansa time to fully win him over, or dispose of him.  Added benefit:  If some steely misfortune falls on Sweet Robin, Harry (as one of his protectors) can be blamed even if he didn't wield the knife.      All in all a great power play by Little Finger.

How all of it goes down is a really fun mystery as there are no guaranties. LF has in my opinion one suitor for Sansa, himself but he cannot outright do it. He wants her and her birthright. Everyone thinks Bran and Rickon are dead and Robb's Will has not surfaced so Sansa, if she can shake the murder wrap on the bastard Baratheon Pretender, Joff, and get the non - consummated marriage to the Imp removed, she is a most valuable heiress. She is Edmure Tulley's heir too. Baby Frey will not be followed by the Riverlands.

On 2/9/2016 at 10:29 AM, Deep Like Davos said:

12 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

How all of it goes down is a really fun mystery as there are no guaranties. LF has in my opinion one suitor for Sansa, himself but he cannot outright do it. He wants her and her birthright. Everyone thinks Bran and Rickon are dead and Robb's Will has not surfaced so Sansa, if she can shake the murder wrap on the bastard Baratheon Pretender, Joff, and get the non - consummated marriage to the Imp removed, she is a most valuable heiress. She is Edmure Tulley's heir too. Baby Frey will not be followed by the Riverlands.

LF wanting Sansa for himself is nothing new, he offered to marry her when they were setting her aside for Margaery. 

2 hours ago, Deep Like Davos said:

LF wanting Sansa for himself is nothing new, he offered to marry her when they were setting her aside for Margaery. 

What I mean is the banquet before the tournament. I feel sorry for Sweet Robin, also, I think something is going to come unhinged with LF's plans in a big way.

2 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

What I mean is the banquet before the tournament. I feel sorry for Sweet Robin, also, I think something is going to come unhinged with LF's plans in a big way.

i don't understand any of that.    What about the banquet before the tourney?    Sorry for sweet robin why?    I hope so, or his plans will work and he will rule the world.

9 minutes ago, Deep Like Davos said:

i don't understand any of that.    What about the banquet before the tourney?    Sorry for sweet robin why?    I hope so, or his plans will work and he will rule the world.

At the moment of the Alayne bonus chapter, Sweet Robin is staring at Harry with Sansa (Alayne). There is something going to happen there. Maybe Sweetrobin has a seizure and dies etc? I feels sorry for the kid to an extent but as to something going wrong, LF has too many things fall in his lap and I am anxious or it to happen. Sansa as Alayne senses some people around that are not at all happy with Lf it seems. Lynn Cobray for example. The Mad Mouse to me is a huge Checkov Gun as he is bound to do something and not something small either.

A little tidbit I noticed, which I think got lost in the forum update:

When Myranda and Alayne speak with Lyn Corbray, they imitate each other.  Myranda blurbs something religious, and Alayne plays the smart alec.

Corbray gave her a dark look. “Lyonel sends his regrets. He remains at Heart’s Home with his peddler’s daughter, watching her belly swell as if he were the first man who ever got a wench pregnant.”

Oh, that’s an open wound, thought Alayne. Lyonel Corbray’s first wife had given him nothing but a frail, sickly babe who died in infancy, and during all those years Ser Lyn had remained his brother’s heir. When the poor woman finally died, however, Petyr Baelish had stepped in and brokered a new marriage for Lord Corbray. The second Lady Corbray was sixteen, the daughter of a wealthy Gulltown merchant, but she had come with an immense dowry, and men said she was a tall, strapping, healthy girl, with big breasts and good, wide hips. And fertile too, it seems.

“We are all praying that the Mother grants Lady Corbray an easy labor and a healthy child,” said Myranda.

Alayne could not help herself. She smiled and said, “My father is always pleased to be of service to one of Lord Robert’s leal bannermen. I’m sure he would be most delighted to help broker a marriage for you as well, Ser Lyn.”

Couple this with the "race" later in the chapter (For just a little while, as she ran, she forget who she was, and where, and found herself remembering bright cold days at Winterfell, when she would race through Winterfell with her friend Jeyne Poole, with Arya running after them trying to keep up.), and we can note a sort of competition between the two.  (I won't go to off-topic with this line, but will note various threads concerning Jeyne's jealousy of Sansa, Arya.) 

Lyn Corbray is an very attractive man: Myranda stopped to gaze across the yard at the knights at their practice. “Now there’s the very sort of husband I need.”  Myranda and Sansa are imitating the other because each admires something about the other.  Myranda is the older, more experienced woman, and Sansa (through Alayne) wishes to be older.  She even makes "Alayne" a year older.  Sansa is the more beautiful of the two, and perhaps Myranda admires some of "Alayne's" innocent charm.

Sansa has called Corbray out as extremely dangerous in previous chapters, yet she goads him, twice. She goads Joffrey twice on his name day, and Sandor fishes her out twice. And Corbray also calls her one of LF's brood mares, which she doesn't pick up.

And she turns away, and bumps into someone who catches her "before she could fall" (same exact wording) just like Sandor did repeatedly. And then she runs into someone "headlong" (same exact wording) just like she ran into Sandor. And he's Lothor, the one she thought was Sandor rescuing her before, and he calls Harry an arse (a word Sandor uses).

Lots of little subtle hints. She's figuratively running into Sandor throughout the chapter. Like wishing Harry would fall off his horse, when she gasped when Sandor almost fell off his horse. Like talking to someone who mocks knights, and this time she laughs. Like the listening to the knights outside, and there are the women at the washing well again, like when she defended Sandor's "jousting" (and we know she gets it now). And more.

Sansa could not believe she had spoken. Was she mad? To tell him no in front of half the court?...
He knew she was lying, she could see it. He would make her bleed for this.
"The girl speaks truly," the Hound rasped. "What a man sows on his name day, he reaps throughout the year."...

Sansa found herself possessed of a queer giddy courage. "You should go with her," she told the king. "Your brother might be hurt."
Joffrey shrugged. "What if he is?"
"You should help him up and tell him how well he rode." Sansa could not seem to stop herself.
"He got knocked off his horse and fell in the dirt," the king pointed out. "That's not riding well."
"Look," the Hound interrupted. "The boy has courage. He's going to try again."

And now...

If the swords had not been blunted, there would be brains as well...
There is truth in that, Alayne thought, but some demon of mischief was in her that morning, so she gave Ser Lyn a thrust of her own...
Corbray gave her a dark look...

Alayne could not help herself. She smiled and said, “My father is always pleased to be of service to one of Lord Robert’s leal bannermen. I’m sure he would be most delighted to help broker a marriage for you as well, Ser Lyn.”
“How kind of him.” Corbray’s lips drew back in something that might have been meant as a smile, though it gave Alayne a chill. “But what need have I for heirs when I am landless and like to remain so, thanks to our Lord Protector? No. Tell your lord father I need none of his brood mares.”

Edited by Le Cygne

You know, the fact that everyone in the Vale, Harry included, that they think she is a bastard sort of places her in danger of being physically attacked like Marillion tried. Cobray calls her a brood mare, she is less than the high born lady she is. She needs to watch herself. I think the Mad Mouse knows who she is and is waiting for the opportunity to make a move but will need help if he wants to kidnap her.

• 2 weeks later...

Does he want to kidnap her, or offer her an escape ? 

Might Shadrich already have some help ? What happened to Ser Byron and Ser Morgarth ? Some readers saw similarities between Ser Morgarth and Elder brother. I'm not sure I do, yet, but it's a question.

I've always felt that if it came to a crunch between LF and Sansa Lothor Brune might act in her favour. He seems to have an underlying decency. Even Lyn Corbray might help, since Sansa detects that he might not be quite so much in LF's pocket as LF thinks.

Edited by bemused

On 3/16/2016 at 3:06 PM, bemused said:

Might Shadrich already have some help ? What happened to Ser Byron and Ser Morgarth ? Some readers saw similarities between Ser Morgarth and Elder brother. I'm not sure I do, yet, but it's a question.

I've always felt that if it came to a crunch between LF and Sansa Lothor Brune might act in her favour. He seems to have an underlying decency. Even Lyn Corbray might help, since Sansa detects that he might not be quite so much in LF's pocket as LF thinks.

Littlefinger has many enemies. He is not loved, he is not liked, he bribes etc but they all know that is is a upjumped Lannister lackey who has dubious hold on power in the Vale. His position is precarious at best. Sansa might be safer in the Vale if she was revealed to actually be Sansa rather than LF's bastard daughter.

On 15 March 2016 at 8:06 PM, bemused said:

Sansa actually dances with See Byron and Ser Morgarth, so they are still around

He was her first partner of the evening, but far from the last.  Just as Petyr had promised, the young knights flocked around her, vying for her favor.  After Ben came Andrew Tollett, handsome Ser Byron, red-nosed Ser Morgarth, and Ser Shadrich the Mad Mouse.

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Sansa actually dances with See Byron and Ser Morgarth, so they are still around

Thanks, I'd forgotten that !  I haven't looked at the chapter for a while. ..I remembered mention of Andrew Tollett, and am still intrigued by his inclusion.