[TWOW Spoilers] Alayne I, v. 3

Just a further note on the heraldry issue, quartering has come up before in the series.  Note that, for instance, when Little Walder and Big Walder Frey are fostered at Winterfell, their personal arms are described.  They too have quartered their shields to incorporate the other houses they're descended from, but in both cases they have the arms of House Frey occupying 2/4.  Little Walder is 2/4 Frey 1/4 Crakehall and 1/4 Darry, while Big Walder is 2/4 Frey, 1/4 Blackwood, and 1/4 Paege.

They would be acknowledging their maternal lines and the maternal lines of their fathers who would be accounted as Freys as they themselves would. This would not be Harry's case as it was his maternal grandmother who was an Arryn. I confess I don't how heraldry is supposed to work. Under normal circumstances he would onle bare the Hardyng insignia. I assumed the moon and falcon was simply a way for him to announce "I'm the heir" through the sigil.

1 hour ago, The Sleeper said:

They would be acknowledging their maternal lines and the maternal lines of their fathers who would be accounted as Freys as they themselves would. 

Yes, but my point being, they accord with the ordinary customs of heraldry in keeping their own house at 2/4.

On 10.7.2016 at 7:19 PM, HallowedMarcus said:

I don't believe in  UnBrienne of Tarth. At the end she uttered a word, probably sword and the noose was cut. She is still herself and probably Lday Stoneheart has the Young Squire as a guarabtee.

here's an SSM on this issue.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/6425/

On 4/11/2015 at 7:20 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Continue the discussion

Consideration needs to be made for Sansa's prophecies. Bran - "He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armoured like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armour made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

Some way or another, she will have more involvement with Sandor and Jaime and I am guessing it's Gregor Clegane looming over them all.

Ghost of High Heart -  "And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow." So whether you believe the giant is LF or Gregor, they are in there somewhere, and it seems to all be point to WF. \

Sansa is leaving the Vale with someone and heading to WF.  GRRM setting up a tourney as either a distraction for the escape (or kidnapping) or it will serve to attract certain people as noted above. 

10 hours ago, Ihaveadognamedclegane said:

Sansa is leaving the Vale with someone and heading to WF.  GRRM setting up a tourney as either a distraction for the escape (or kidnapping) or it will serve to attract certain people as noted above. 

Even assuming that the castle made of snow is a future prophecy and points northward (plausible), it's an unsubstantiated leap that that means she's leaving now, or that she'll be kidnapped/escape.  She has no desire to do the latter, and the obstacles to the former are all but insurmountable -- moreover, I don't see how it makes story sense.  Littlefinger is the main antagonist/mentor in Sansa's story; she will not be separated from him anytime soon.

21 hours ago, Ihaveadognamedclegane said:

Consideration needs to be made for Sansa's prophecies. Bran - "He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armoured like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armour made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

Some way or another, she will have more involvement with Sandor and Jaime and I am guessing it's Gregor Clegane looming over them all.

Ghost of High Heart -  "And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow." So whether you believe the giant is LF or Gregor, they are in there somewhere, and it seems to all be point to WF. \

in the end of Dance it is snowing in King's Landing.The castle built of snow could be the Red Keep.Cersei wont let Gregor leave her now and go to the vale.Probably Sansa will be taken to Gregor/Cersei.

It is quite likely that Sansa and the Vale get involved with the upcoming Dance of Dragons in some way. We know that Aegon is going to become a major force to reckon with in Westeros and may eventually sit the iron throne for a while. Somehow I can't see LF not trying to get a piece of the action (especially when he holds the command of one of the only large, rested and trained armies in Westeros currently.)

It would also give Sansa a chance to actually really get into the "Game" and begin showing her skills as a player. There isn't much scope for that up North.

The Vale played a crucial role in the previous Dance of Dragons. There was a lady Jeyne Arryn (called the 'Maiden of the Vale') who was the sole ruler at the time. Not to mention, during Aegon's Landing, there was, again, a lady ruling the Vale as the regent of a young boy. We know that GRRM loves his parallels.

Most probably Sansa will stay south. She has a lot of story left with all the characters there like LF, Cersei, Jaime, Brienne, Sandor and Arya (who will probably return to the Riverlands) to name a few.

On 7/15/2016 at 2:36 PM, Little Scribe of Naath said:

It is quite likely that Sansa and the Vale get involved with the upcoming Dance of Dragons in some way. We know that Aegon is going to become a major force to reckon with in Westeros and may eventually sit the iron throne for a while. Somehow I can't see LF not trying to get a piece of the action (especially when he holds the command of one of the only large, rested and trained armies in Westeros currently.)

I'd say it's more likely Littlefinger would continue what he's doing: watch his enemies tear each other to pieces.  Aegon's landing doesn't radically alter the game in that respect, it just accelerates the Lannisters' decline further.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:21 PM, Ihaveadognamedclegane said:

Ghost of High Heart -  "And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow." So whether you believe the giant is LF or Gregor, they are in there somewhere, and it seems to all be point to WF.

True indeed. Sansa will kill LF in Winterfell. All GoHH prophecies are becoming past facts, so there is no reson for this one not to be true also.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:44 PM, chrisdaw said:

There's nothing pointing Sansa north or to WF

Wrong. LF himself says she was supposed to conquer Harry the Heir's heart so they get married.

On the day they do marry she is supposed to reveal to all that she is in reality Sansa Stark and to have all landed and hedge Knights present to swear to her that they will reconquer North. Obviously Harry will also be interedted so his issue will have a foot in the Vale and other on the North. 

Just now, HallowedMarcus said:

Wrong. LF himself says she was supposed to conquer Harry the Heir's heart so they get married.

On the day they do marry she is supposed to reveal to all that she is in reality Sansa Stark and to have all landed and hedge Knights present to swear to her that they will reconquer North. Obviously Harry will also be interedted so his issue will have a foot in the Vale and other on the North. 

Which is obviously not going to happen because for it to happen she'd have to let SR die. Not to mention all her foreshadowing still has her as a maid, meaning she's not going to spend a night in her marriage bed with Harry.

8 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Which is obviously not going to happen because for it to happen she'd have to let SR die. Not to mention all her foreshadowing still has her as a maid, meaning she's not going to spend a night in her marriage bed with Harry.

First it will Happen because the She Ghost of High Heart said so. and she was right even in Lady Stark's death and ressurection. So it will happen.

Second she LF can suffer an acidente a lá LF.

Third, even if Robin lives, she can marry Harry and when she shows herself as a Stark they will try to reconquer the North anyway. For Harry the Heir it will be then more importante to have the North, considering Robin still will have the Vale. If Harry has the Vale he will want both and if he hasn't, the he'll want it even more. ^_^

Edited by HallowedMarcus

High Heart Ghost never said such thing, but we'll see how keen GRRM is to send Sansa north to all those characters he fostered such relationships for her with. Characters like... like... well there was those whole two lines about Jon. Meanwhile the Jaime, Brienne, Sandor, Tyrion and Cersei threads will all just have to be cut and forgotten. Because that's how stories work.

1 hour ago, HallowedMarcus said:

First it will Happen because the She Ghost of High Heart said so. and she was right even in Lady Stark's death and ressurection. So it will happen.

54 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

High Heart Ghost never said such thing

Yes she said so about Lady Stark, about the Trident river, about her being in the river and bout her ressurection as Lady Stoneheart. And I quote:

"I dreamt of a roaring river and a woman that was a fish. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror. All this I dreamt, and more."

5 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

It's entirely possible Robert Arryn will die.

As to "foreshadowing", "maid" in that context is most likely just be used to mean "young girl".  It's not like the Ghost of High Heart was getting visions of her hymen.  Which isn't to say she definitely will marry, either, but I don't think you can use that instance of a word usage as guaranteeing she won't.

5 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Meanwhile the Jaime, Brienne, Sandor, Tyrion and Cersei threads will all just have to be cut and forgotten.

You ignore the possibility that some of those characters will also go north (at least in Tyrion's case, that's all but guaranteed eventually).  Some of them, like Cersei, are highly unlikely to ever see Sansa again anyway.