How would you rate episode 501?

Ran

How would rate episode 501?  

603 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

How many roads you think there are connecting important places in a vale? The terrain is constricted because of the mountains. Brienne went to the Vale to look for Sansa because her aunt lived there. Sansa went to the Vale because her aunt lived there. They are both traveling. You won't have more than one road joining the same castles and towns because there is no room for additional roads. So of course they are going to cross each other along the way, because they can not use different roads.

That's not the point. The tragedy of the Starks, if you ask my opinion (which you didn't, but you know, forum stuff, we love to shove our opinions down other forum visitors' throats) is not the death of Eddard, Cat and Robb, it's the fact that they were so close to reunion so many times and still never made it. But since catelyn is alreay dead and so is Lyse, I don't get frustrated over Sansa going right past an opportunity to get back to her family anymore. It just kinda makes me roll my eyes.

8/10 for me, generally liked it, loved some bits and didn't care for some. It was setting up the season in a mostly promising way. The cast is brilliant.

Same thought as mine, so I'll just quote your post and +1 it.

Edited by Lockdown

I gave it a 4. Hate to be one of those people but It annoyed be a little just how far they are from the books. Didn't like the way Mance was portrayed. Justifying Cersei's thoughts and ideas by turning margarey into a complete bitch. Tyrion actually regretting killing shae and tywin. And varys suddenly switching from team blackfyre to team daenerys/ targaryen. Also the unnecessary loras gay scene. I actually found it quite offensive. And I'm not homophobic, one of my close friends is gay. Loras has a lot more qualities than his sexuality, seeing as he's meant to fill the role of 3 characters it's quite surprising that the thing they focus is his preference to men.

Edited by Balerion the kitten

I gave it a 4. Hate to be one of those people but It annoyed be a little just how far they are from the books. Didn't like the way Mance was portrayed. Justifying Cersei's thoughts and ideas by turning margarey into a complete bitch. Tyrion actually regretting killing shae and tywin. And varys suddenly switching from team blackfyre to team daenerys/ targaryen. Also the unnecessary loras gay scene. I actually found it quite offensive. And I'm not homophobic, one of my close friends is gay. Loras has a lot more qualities than his sexuality, seeing as he's meant to fill the role of 3 characters it's quite surprising that the thing they focus is his preference to men.

Excuse my nitpick. But when was it stated that Varys actually supported Team Blackfyre?

I remember that scene in "The Laws of Gods and Men" - Oberyn and Varys.

When did he - Varys - say that he'd support the Blackfyres?

Excuse my nitpick. But when was it stated that Varys actually supported Team Blackfyre?

I remember that scene in "The Laws of Gods and Men" - Oberyn and Varys.

When did he - Varys - say that he'd support the Blackfyres?

It's not confirmed, I probably shouldn't have said that. It's just hinted at.

What i definitely didn't like was Missandei with greyworm!!! why do they insist with that story!!!

The part about Varys and tyrion... it's intriguing how they're going to change more and more the whole story :bawl:

Young Cersei in the flashback was good! ... the dragons are getting really big!!! ...... Robin Arryn with a sword....hillarious! :lmao:

Jon and Stannis were really good! and of course Daario's story! :laugh:

It's just hinted that he supported someone. We assumed it was Aegon because he supports him in the books. Up until that moment, it could have been even him believing he would take the throne himself :dunno:

Well, I'm no Unsullied. :lol:

Thanks.

It was okay.

I found the Dany scenes the worst to be honest. They were boring, and I'm sorry and don't pretend to think I can do better, but Emilia Clarke is meh. I feel like she is the weakest in the series and sometimes it shows. Her walking into the pit in total darkness was stupid. I get the point. For dramatic visual effects of the room being illuminated by a pissed off dragon spitting fire at her. But still. Would you enter a dark and bottomless pit holding two chained up dragons at night without a torch to light your way?

Edited by binhorde

It was ok, though the scene with Mance and Jon was totally absurd. Hey here is a great deal, we can save all the Wildling women and children, you can have land and be legal citizens, your warriors just need to march south with me instead of you. All you got to do to help this along is bend the knee. "No" What? Why? Cause that's why. And Jon who is generally good at negotiations in the books is like ummmm ok then, later. You want to kill off the actor you miscast? Fine, but write a better scene than two idiots who can't find a clue.

Why do you think Hinds was miscast? I always thought he was terrific as Mance. Why do you think not?

4/10

I realize that the producers need to drastically cut the rest of the material to fit in 7 seasons, but holy shit. It's like logic was just thrown out of the window.

The best scenes were probably Maggy the Frog one and that unsullied who got his throat slit. Everything else was ranging from meh to stupid. I also liked Dinklages acting. That's about it.

Your full quote does not help you any. I can just picture that HBO board meeting. I guess the commentary would be something like, "Off with the heads of those Game of Thrones writers and while you are at it, go ahead and cancel this show. I do not care that it is our most successful show. What do you think we are running around here? Some kind of business that is supposed to turn a profit? We are not about profit. If they are not going to put each and everyone of those insignificant side characters in, there is no point in having this show on at all."

Hey, I have a great idea. If you do not like the show, do not watch it. I feel your pain. I really do. There have been books that I liked, that for whatever reason, I did not like the film adaptation. When that has been the case, I simply either turned off the TV midway or I do not watch the following films or episodes. I do hope that you understand that you have free will to turn off that TV. I always think hate watching is such a waste of time when you could be spending your time reading or watching something that you actually enjoy.

7 blessings my friend and fellow lover of ASOIAF.

And equally I have a free will to say what I think about the show and this episode, particularly on this thread devoted to ... what was that? Oh, yes. Expressing our opinions about episode 1 season 5. So, if my opinion bothers you, I feel your pain. Do not read it or just stop reading it half the way through. I do hope you understand you have free will not to read it. You can spend your time much more enjoyably, I'm sure.

7 blessings to you too :cheers:

Edited by Modesty Lannister

Why?

Because in the books, Mance is a cheerful, charismatic fellow who enjoys poetry and playing music. In GOT, they simply made him look like every single other person in Westeros. Dirty, somber, and ill-tempered. One of several "minor" castings that were done all wrong, including Craster, Daario, Osha, Asha Greyjoy, Talisa (no clue why it was not Jeyne Westerling), Bloodraven, etc.