[Book Spoilers] EP501 Discussion

Ran

Ciaran Hinds is so awesome. I've only seen him in 3 projects and he's one of my favorite actors.

As for Mance being truly dead or not.. I feel it can go either way at this point.

I think so too, but it's a bummer to lose Ciaran Hinds, even if Mance stays.

Mance's argument is basically the free folk aren't going to follow Stannis no matter what he does. If he saves his own skin, they will disown him and do whatever they want and die, and if he burns its the same fate.

So he rather die, then bend the knee since his choice doesn't matter.

Also maybe they will actually go along with the Rattleshirt plot and this was Mance knowing he wasn't going to die? I mean I DOUBT they do that plot point, but who knows?

Nobody caught the discrepancy with the amount of kids Robert had? This episode said 20

I assumed that was because we saw so many of them being killed in Season 2. Perhaps a few more will pop up in upcoming seasons

I was clearly under the impression that they cut off the prophecy on purpose at that point so they'd go back to it later in the season. Even a non book reader could tell that there was more to it.

Edited by Nic.

For the same reason people read ADwD in a matter of days knowing it might take years for TWoW to come out. With this much build up, instant gratification seems a very pleasant choice. I for one am fighting my urge to download the leaked episodes with all my strength haha.

I don't know, it just seems to me that years have passed since season 4 :lol: waiting 1 month for the next episode doesn't interest me, I'm fine watching them weekly.

I'm willing to bet anything there is no follow up to that prophecy. I'm also willing to bet that Mance is dead for real on the show. As I have speculated already in another thread last week. Brienne/Pod will replace Mance/Spearwives as the undercover rescue party in Winterfell.

I'm inclined to believe this.

Edited by Grail King

Mance's argument is basically the free folk aren't going to follow Stannis no matter what he does. If he saves his own skin, they will disown him and do whatever they want and die, and if he burns its the same fate.

So he rather die, then bend the knee since his choice doesn't matter.

Also maybe they will actually go along with the Rattleshirt plot and this was Mance knowing he wasn't going to die? I mean I DOUBT they do that plot point, but who knows?

I think Tormund will be the new Mance and will lead the Wildlings, go to Winterfell, etc.

Here's the weekly "Why Game of Thrones sucked tonight"

1.) They left out the entire fucking point of the Maggy the Frog prophecy scene, the Volanqar. Why bother with the flashback if you're going to cut the most important part?!

2.) No stench at Tywin's funeral, way to take out the fucking best part.

3.) No Illyrio despite staying at his fucking house

4.) Varys just casually revealing his organization and its motives to Tyrion, fuck off D&D. And what's this defending the downtrodden nonsense from him? He's a fucking Targ loyalist. Not to mention they're having him go off on Tyrion adventures instead of staying in King's Landing and owning shit up like he should. Fucking character assassination.

5.) Missandei and Grey Worm bullshit STILL. STILL. STILLLLLLL. Really D&D?! You have to cut Euron, Victarion, Wyman, Aegon, Connington, and nearly everything else that makes the most-ASOS books interesting yet you still have the time to include fucking Missandei and Grey Worm scissoring?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

6.) Characterizing the Faith Militant has some sort of fanatical homophobic ISIS instead of the charitable people's army of war refugees they are in the book. D&D are unable to place themselves in a medieval society, instead inserting the "Hurrrr religion bad" 2015 worldview into somewhere it doesn't even belong. Believe it or not, the Faith Militant/Sparrows are not meant to be antagonists unless you're Cersei.

7.) Oh look, it's Loras. I wonder how long until D&D reference that he's gay. Oh, that was about 1 minute. You realize in the books it's just heavily implied Loras is gay and he has an actual personality/character traits besides being a running gay joke/reference? D&D are unable to take characters outside of their diversity quota mold.

8.) Brienne actually ran into BOTH Stark girls by sheer coincidence. Do D&D think Westeros is the size of Disneyland or something?!

9.) What the fuck is with this bullshit Sansa-Winterfell storyline. You know they're going to Winterfell based on the trailer. So Stop trying to force "Dark Sansa" (I didn't even coin this fucking bullshit cringey term) down our throats and stop making LF out to be an idiot. Fucking strong independent women Sophie Turner bad acting bullcrap.

10.) Mereen ALREADY FUCKING SURRENDERED. BRAVO D&D. There goes the entire battle of book 5 and half of its material. Why even bother with the Sons of the Harpy when Yunkai is doing nothing?! This is so nonsensical, first they're desperate for Dany material to adapt then they take out her biggest fucking challenge after arriving in Slaver's Bay. I guess this season will just be Dany bitching about MUH DRAGONS again.

11.) That fucking stupid kid that killed Ygritte is a recurring character now? Oh fuck off with that crap. I bet they'll have him kill Stannis, Jon, and the Night's King while they're at it.

12.) There's no indication or foreshadowing that really wasn't Mance, like in the books. If they killed him off for good, fuck you D&D.

Don't worry folks, I'll be here all season, reminding you why the books are better.

You know you don't have to watch the show, right? No one's forcing you.

Yeah, really. And she wonders why they're not happy to see her, which is what made me lol at that scene.

Glad to see it was more like her first visit in Dance , where they acted up but didn't attack her, still scared her.

Reviews made it sound like they did more than that.

Yeah, it seemed kind of obvious with the whole "You get three questions." And baby Cersei has only so far asked two.

I'm starting to come around to the whole "Emilia is annoying when she is playing high and mighty Daenerys" but I ended up really liking her scene with Daario. The bed hair also reminded me of her season 1 hair in Pentos.

And the show finally named all three dragons.

Man, Tommen is a goner where Margaery is concerned. He's utterly enamored with her.

Need MOAR team Dragonstone. And Jon Snow. Loved how they ended the episode with him.

I don't know, it just seems to me that years have passed since season 4 :lol: waiting 1 month for the next episode doesn't interest me, I'm fine watching them weekly.

I wish I could be this resolved and patient. My torrent client is getting more attractive by the minute. :bang:

I think Tormund will be the new Mance and will lead the Wildlings, go to Winterfell, etc.

I don't know this episode sure seem to indicate that Mance job is about to be taken over by Jon. At least the whole leading the wildling army thing. I really doubt there will be any involvement with Winterfell.

Edited by Nic.