Discussing Dorne I: Birthmark edition [book spoilers]

Chebyshov

I honestly can't get over the fact that our intro to Dorne this season is via Loras' dangerously cancerous-looking mole

Honestly, if that shit is shaped like an independent kingdom you should have it checked by a Maester ASAP

Holy Shit! I forgot about that and the "Prince's Pass" or the "Tower of Joy".

I wish they would have gone with having an ornate, embroidered map-of-Dorne bedspread that Oberyn's troupe left behind in Littlefinger's brothel when they left. It would have been a better visual reference than a weird birthmark/mole.

I just try to imagine what the writer's room was like.

"So, we need to introduce Dorne and there are so few ways because apparently we have no money for clothes, maps, sand art or just conversation. Quick, toss out some ideas."

"Oh, oh, I know I know! Cancerous looking birthmarks are super sexy and Loras is just a sexuality so toss a Dornish looking birthmark next to his cock and fail to mention anything about Boneways, Prince's Pass, or TOJ because that would be too unsubtle."

sad..... i at least expected opening credits to reveal sunspear...but no just Loras' ass mark...

that could have been better

:smoking:

Sunspear doesn't seem to exist anymore, at least on the OP anyways, according to a screenshot of Dorne in the title sequence.

Rather, when we are introduced to Dorne it will be to the city of Dorne (so that's Dorne, Dorne), a magical land filled with Water Gardens, Old Palaces, and everything of relevance in Dorne.

http://emilia-clarke.net/gallery/albums/Magazines/2015%2003%2020-27%20EW/ew_march2027_014.jpg

Sunspear doesn't seem to exist anymore, at least on the OP anyways, according to a screenshot of Dorne in the title sequence.

Rather, when we are introduced to Dorne it will be to the city of Dorne (so that's Dorne, Dorne), a magical land filled with Water Gardens, Old Palaces, and everything of relevance in Dorne.

http://emilia-clarke.net/gallery/albums/Magazines/2015%2003%2020-27%20EW/ew_march2027_014.jpg

That might be how it appears in the opening credits, but it's been alread established it's a region. The very scene we are discussing in this thread only expanded that, telling about castles and mountains and whatnot.

Wrong, Sunspear exists and it shows Dorne because we won't only be in Sunspear when Dorne is shown but also the Water Gardens which is a different place so instead of having to show two places they show us Dorne which is what they are, they are both in Dorne.

Archived