Discussing Dorne I: Birthmark edition [book spoilers]

Chebyshov

Many believe Mace to be stupid because Olenna says so. Olenna, the same who very much blamed Oberyn for Willas' accident and called Elaria a whore. :dunno:

The fact Olenna is a smart woman doesn't make her less biased about her opinions. She definitely is against her family being involved in the Game of Thrones because she knows how dangerous that game is, yet, she plays as well. If she was part of the plot to kill Joffrey and blame Tyrion -as she likely was- then she didn't mind sacrificing an innocent girl like Sansa.

There is also the way she trashed Loras for being a good jouster, like that something doesn't matter at all. She reminds me of a couple of girls I know who always trash football and its fans, like we're all a bunch of uneducated violent buffoons and they believe themselves better because they're intellectual, feminist and gay. :/ And yes, they're Olenna fans.

Many believe Mace to be stupid because Olenna says so. Olenna, the same who very much blamed Oberyn for Willas' accident and called Elaria a whore. :dunno:

The fact Olenna is a smart woman doesn't make her less biased about her opinions. She definitely is against her family being involved in the Game of Thrones because she knows how dangerous that game is, yet, she plays as well. If she was part of the plot to kill Joffrey and blame Tyrion -as she likely was- then she didn't mind sacrificing an innocent girl like Sansa.

There is also the way she trashed Loras for being a good jouster, like that something doesn't matter at all. She reminds me of a couple of girls I know who always trash football and its fans, like we're all a bunch of uneducated violent buffoons and they believe themselves better because they're intellectual, feminist and gay. :/ And yes, they're Olenna fans.

Yep. When you ask someone "So why is Mace stupid/incompetent?" The answer is more or less, "cuts Olenna says so, duh!"

Archived