[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

I've always done the "nitpick" threads but I've had some suggestions to change the thread topic because some issues are perceived to be more than just nitpicks....actual major problems. So this is supposed to be the thread where you can rant about anything you want in the show without being harassed or considered too much of a "purist' or whatever. Just be nice and people have been in trouble on this thread for being nasty about how an actor looks, etc. so just be nice. Have fun!

I do not care about missendre or Greyworm. Is it because they are racial minorites they get more screentime? Really, get to the real important characters for God's sake. I really think they are fucking with Sansa and Littlefinger's storyline this year that really makes me consider if the're book characters are relevant anymore. The Winterfell crap this year with Sansa has me on pins and needles as I fear they may cross the line with certain characters that could cause a backlash. I am curious how Tyrion talks with Dany.

Fuck them and how they are treating Loras. He has zero personality and exists only as a sexuality. It's feeling offensive, especially since the budget constraints necessitates combining characters and plots. Loras should be performing more than just the token gay boy role.

Fuck them and how they are treating Loras. He has zero personality and exists only as a sexuality. It's feeling offensive, especially since the budget constraints necessitates combining characters and plots. Loras should be performing more than just the token gay boy role.

This. Im getting mad about this.

Im also really mad about Sansa. Like, really really mad.

Im also not exactly pleased with how Maggy didnt look like an old frog at all. Wat.

The Pod/Brienne scene had like, no real point.

I like the fact that the show is diverging from the books, i felt ADWD was an abysmal book so the more changes the better.

No major problems in the season so far, but the Winterfell plot intrigues me - it has just too many changes from the best part of the books.

Aye, and hopefully that will temper some of the "not muh books" whining on the forums, but I won't get my hopes up. Book 4 and 5 were pretty lame compared to the first three, and GRRM doesn't seem to have his heart in ASOIAF as much as he used to. I'm not longer fully invested in the book universe, to me it's all about the show now. And they've done a excellent job with it so far. It's one of the best shows on television.

This. Im getting mad about this.

Im also really mad about Sansa. Like, really really mad.

Im also not exactly pleased with how Maggy didnt look like an old frog at all. Wat.

The Pod/Brienne scene had like, no real point.

The whole Vale story got swept away in less than 5 minutes. It was like the messenger warned Littlefinger that Royce was going to betray them. It would have made more sense if Sansa was not revealed to the Lords Declarant in last year's finale.

Am I the only one who does not care about Brienne and Pod? I just find that whole storyline to be pointless.

I hate what they've done to Loras as well. He's supposed to be one of the greatest Knights in all the seven kingdoms and apparently he only uses one kind of sword now. It's such a disservice to the character.

Not a big fan of what they're doing to Jaime either.

I'm just wondering how the changes reflect what to expect in the next book. I mean....can I now safely assume Ageon/Young Griff is just a pretender? He apparently isn't significant enough to be included in the TV series. Also.....did we miss the battle with Yunkai? It appears some of the prophecies in the book will not be fulfilled now on TV....so does that mean they no longer matter? Just confused.

I do not care about missendre or Greyworm. Is it because they are racial minorites they get more screentime? Really, get to the real important characters for God's sake. I really think they are fucking with Sansa and Littlefinger's storyline this year that really makes me consider if the're book characters are relevant anymore. The Winterfell crap this year with Sansa has me on pins and needles as I fear they may cross the line with certain characters that could cause a backlash. I am curious how Tyrion talks with Dany.

Because Missandei and Greyworm drive the point home about why Danny's crusade is just and needed. Their story show what slavery in Essos really is. GRRM didn't do such a thing in the books and Danny's crusade turned more abstract because of that, which helped create the Mereenese knot.

I'm just wondering how the changes reflect what to expect in the next book. I mean....can I now safely assume Ageon/Young Griff is just a pretender? He apparently isn't significant enough to be included in the TV series. Also.....did we miss the battle with Yunkai? It appears some of the prophecies in the book will not be fulfilled now on TV....so does that mean they no longer matter? Just confused.

Yunkai is gone, so is the battle of Meeren, which will be more of a insurgency within the city rather than an all out war.

Loras's birthmark has got to be a record on biggest sexposition ever done by this show. I mean, why even bother with maps when you can have region-shaped scars to discuss between gay-sex for the sake of gay-sex with a random whore?

Book!Loras is the ever so honorable man that admits that once the sun has set, no candle can replace it. Show!Loras gave only fucks about fucking Renly, apparently.

I don't think we can assume one way or another if he's a pretender.

We can probably just assume he's not important in the end game. Or Dany and her dragons will eat him.

Yep....he'll probably end up dead in that next battle at Storm's End he is wanting to lead or later on as you suggested by one of the dragons.

Archived