[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

Loras's birthmark has got to be a record on biggest sexposition ever done by this show. I mean, why even bother with maps when you can have region-shaped scars to discuss between gay-sex for the sake of gay-sex with a random whore?

Book!Loras is the ever so honorable man that admits that once the sun has set, no candle can replace it. Show!Loras gave only fucks about fucking Renly, apparently.

Yah it's really disgusting actually and I thought maybe they had learned from past seasons.

Am I the only one who does not care about Brienne and Pod? I just find that whole storyline to be pointless.

I hate what they've done to Loras as well. He's supposed to be one of the greatest Knights in all the seven kingdoms and apparently he only uses one kind of sword now. It's such a disservice to the character.

Not a big fan of what they're doing to Jaime either.

Yeah, not like in the books, in which Loras does... wait. Book!Loras is just decoration until the attack in Dragonstone which is safe to assume it won't happen in the show because no siege of Dragonstone nor Ironborns have been cast. And let's not have a gay character having sex ever when he should be a puritan in mourning for ever either...

I'm just wondering how the changes reflect what to expect in the next book. I mean....can I now safely assume Ageon/Young Griff is just a pretender? He apparently isn't significant enough to be included in the TV series. Also.....did we miss the battle with Yunkai? It appears some of the prophecies in the book will not be fulfilled now on TV....so does that mean they no longer matter? Just confused.

And why do we need an expensive siege of Mereen when the Sons of the Harpy are more than enough? Does anyone miss the Essosi slavers? The book forum is filled with people whining about how aweful the Mereenese knot is. This year, the show forum seems to be going to fill with people whining about how the show is portraying the Mereenese knot just like the books.

Loras was a badass knight in the books and D and D have turned him into a gay stereotype used for comic relief. Finn Jones has done fine with the role but D and D have given him nothing.

I have no idea why they changed the relationship between Varys and Illyrio from two guys who rose up together to two guys who was introduced to each other only a few years ago. Varys's book backstory with him was far more interesting.

Yeah, not like in the books, in which Loras does... wait. Book!Loras is just decoration until the attack in Dragonstone which is safe to assume it won't happen in the show because no siege of Dragonstone nor Ironborns have been cast. And let's not have a gay character having sex ever when he should be a puritan in mourning for ever either...

If you don't understand how the, bordering on cliches "All gay men are promiscuous" and "Look, It's Loras the gay dude!" ad nauseam the show is offensive to his deep Book!Characterization, even if he "does" nothing, then we won't agree on this point. I'd actually prefer if they did not used Loras and left him to his "decoration" than to use him in the way they keep using him.

Loras is not a puritan on the books. He lost the man he loved. I was never bothered by his scenes with Renly in season 1 and 2. They made sense.

Can anyone tell me of sam said alliser Thorne is the new lord commander or did he say HE WILL be electedthe new lord commander?

He believes he's likely to be elected

Loras was a badass knight in the books and D and D have turned him into a gay stereotype used for comic relief. Finn Jones has done fine with the role but D and D have given him nothing.

I have no idea why they changed the relationship between Varys and Illyrio from two guys who rose up together to two guys who was introduced to each other only a few years ago. Varys's book backstory with him was far more interesting.

Loras a badass knight? He's a fine jouster who has no problem in retorting to tricks and a very good melee fighter as he nearly holds against Brienne. In tournaments.

In real fights he kills two of his fellow rainbow guards in a fit of rage, it's Garlan who leads the Tyrell cavalry at the Blackwater and he makes a butchery out of Dragonstone. Yeah, great warrior indeed.

My problem is linked to the fact that the series is farther and farther from the books and there seems to be a noticeable decrease on the show's overall quality.

For example, most of the dialogues and lines in this episode were terrible. They fail when they try to be witty, they fail when they try to be serious. "Future is shit" and "there is no point explaining" are examples of plain and simple bad writing IMHO.

And I agree that the Loras scenes are offensive as it can be. For a handful of seasons he has done nothing more than being promiscuous. Its absurd.

If you don't understand how the, bordering on cliches "All gay men are promiscuous" and "Look, It's Loras the gay dude!" ad nauseam the show is offensive to his deep Book!Characterization, even if he "does" nothing, then we won't agree on this point. I'd actually prefer if they did not used Loras and left him to his "decoration" than to use him in the way they keep using him.

Loras is not a puritan on the books. He lost the man he loved. I was never bothered by his scenes with Renly in season 1 and 2. They made sense.

I understand the rationale, and I think people should stop being so susceptible. Loras being gay matters so the show has to (re)introduce that in a visual, concise and impacting way. And how is he being promiscuous? He's not in an orgy with three other men. He's having sex with the dude he met all the way back in season 3. You know, people can have sex without being love.

Loras is presented as an actual character rather than just background sexposition whores. As an actual character, he should have substance, should exist beyond just being a sexuality. Even Roz got to be more than just a whore.

Loras is presented as an actual character rather than just background sexposition whores. As an actual character, he should have substance, should exist beyond just being a sexuality. Even Roz got to be more than just a whore.

Book!Lollys has more substance than Book!Loras

Archived