[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

Considering he did not even take off his pants during his sexy times, I suppose those are his "sex clothes", and they have secret holes in certain places...

He's a Never Nude, like Tobias from Arrested Development

And you know what is a huge problem that comes with this sort of thing... It establishes a pattern. A pattern where we must shock viewers all the time because that's what everyone is expecting'. Sadly, it seems everyone is.

After watching season 2 of Black Sails (on Starz) I'm convinced whoever is running that show should take over GOT - except I'm too excited for their season 3! :P

They know how to shock viewers artfully. A board member asked me for spoilers for the finale, because we all knew it would be amazing from the prior episode, and I told him every shocking plot point knowing it would not truly spoil it for him since it was more about the characterization driving the intensity - and he was blown away after he watched it.

They also elevate treatment of any non-straight white males to high art within time period constraints. There's not any indication at this time but I would not be surprised if they showed the time period/area/pirate practice of a semi-equivalent marriage for gays.

Now season 1 is a little slow but it's still well done and season 2 has definitely been one of the best shows myself and others have ever seen. For fans of Rome and Titus Pullo - Ray Stevenson is joining the cast in season 3.

Can you tell I highly recommend Black Sails? :lol: It's just reading most of the complaints in this thread, from characterization, to shock value and SJ issues, I can't help but compare.

I'm baffled to see two writers who never achieved popularity GRRM has been enjoying, constantly trying to outwrite him.

Is that a joke? GoT is significantly more popular than ASOIAF. D&D have been so very much more successful than George. Especially anything he's written for tv.

Is that a joke? GoT is significantly more popular than ASOIAF. D&D have been so very much more successful than George. Especially anything he's written for tv.

They're popular because of his creation. I think Modesty Lannister means GRRM has achieved more success than any novels D&D have written.

Thinking maybe Asha kept Reek's Diggler so her hard men could return home with their tails still waggling. Fetch Boi

I guess I'm not the only one with a cheesy bone in here lol

No need to apologize. As you can see, those of us who have been here for some time haven't held back, what with almost 140 pages now of ranting and raving.

PS. Yes, I did like Satin, because it shows that Jon's compassion and ability to see beyond the baseline stereotypes of his society has expanded pretty far. Taking a fat lordling under your wing is one thing, taking someone like Satin under your protection is a very different thing. It would have been MUCH better for the show to use Satin than either Olyvar the sleezy boy hooker or the stupid ass boy wildling soon to be Brutus

Thanks. And true, everyone here seems trigger-happy :)

Yeah, some do. Not only Jon's been kind to him, but more importantly Jon recognises how capable Satin is; he's intelligent, he can read and right ('after a fashion', but still so much more than most on the NW), he's not bad in a fight. While everyone else is worried that he's a 'boy whore' and not fit to be the LC's steward.

But it would be 'such an amazing twist' if Satin betrayed Jon!

Which is probably why D&D will have Olly take part in it. See, it fits perfectly - D&D = Dumb & Dumber :ack:

:rofl:

Brilliant lol That truly explains a lot

I think Darth Sansa is just perfect. She might become Flayed Sansa soon enough though, if some theories are right.

Yep, I'm with Darth Sansa too

Why it bothers me about Satin is that they didn't cast him at all. But Ollyvar is there to play the EVIL GAY WHORE. Some people in the Watch definitely believe Jon sees Satin in a "different way" and it looks like D&D don't want their audience to have those ambiguous feelings about Jon :dunno:

Because, it's impossible for them to have a gay man without having the compulsive need to go and bang someone. Like, Satin would be all over Jon all the time, because he has no other interests than being gay.

Instead, we have a kid, despite Satin is in fact older than Jon :dunno:

100% with this

No, they're semi-delusional, as the show's popularity has increased, it has unfortunately coincided with them taking more liberties, so I'm sure they think it's related, they think they are improving things and that their stupid as fuck invented plots are what is driving popularity, when what it really is, is just word of mouth and media coverage snowballing over time. Breaking Bad was always good, but it didn't get a huge audience until the last season, but I doubt Vince or any critics would correlate audience w/show quality, where with GOT it seems that is what's done.

I if you polled the audience you would probably see a striking correlation between the "good writing" and memorable scenes that closely parallels GRRM book stuff, with a couple of exceptions of good original material.

There are some truly cringeworthy lines in the show.

All of that is very true

I really hated the Dany "trial" thing. It doesn't relate to Robb's beheading at all imo. Karstark insulted Robb, killed his own men, butchered boys in their sleep, and put Robb's sister in more danger. The freeman didn't do anything like this it may have been unjust but he had his own reasoning that were somewhat justified.

On a different note I don't understand the Daario hate around here. He's one of the best parts of Dany's story imo. He's very much like Bronn another favorite character of mine, he's a self made man, badass warrior, ruthless in a good way and interesting in his flamboyancy. His scene capturing the harpy was silly but his advice was knd of cool. I also like that he seduces Dany I guess we have to agree to disagree on my homeboy.

Archived