(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

I sorta wish they had included a naming scene in any of the 3 season she's had the dragons. It's like she put them away and then thought up the names while they were all chained up. must have been real confusing for nonbook readers.

Right? I'm sure loads of people won't even make the connections wrt their names. Why D&D, why no naming scene?

I would guess a naming scene would have required the dragons to be on screen and they decided they didn't have the budget for it. It's also why we almost never see the direwolves.

That may be the case, but it could have been when they were small. Or even with them off screen, just have Dany talking about who she named each one after to Missandei or something.

Dany and Daario bedroom scene.It was nice.

Tyrion and Varys conversations.

Pretty much every scene at the Wall.Kit is getting better and better.

Young Cersei was a top notch casting and Cersei in general really good.

Oh yeah and Ghost is huge.Wanna see more of him in the next episodes.

:crying: I missed him? Where was he?

The Bolton sigil on Winterfell :drool:

It was actually one of the first times I wanted to throw something at the screen. But still, how distasteful it might be, I loved it.

(...)

Daario in the show was actually quite enjoyable to watch, I realized this when I didn't get any urges to want to strangle his character at all during the duration of this episode!

Me too

Dany and Daario. Liked his backstory, and I think those 2 have good chemistry together. Probably my favorite scene of the episode.

I really like the way they're using Daario to bring out more of Dany's character. In the past couple of seasons we've mostly just seen Dany's public queen face, and I think that's been a problem.

Plus, although he's far removed from book Daario, at least in the show I find their relationship plausible.

As others have said, the look in Mance's eyes when Jon told him how he was going to die was fantastic.

Ghost was chowing down in the yard during the sparing scene. I missed him too, had to go back and look when I saw him mentioned.

Found him. Thanks. One of the reasons I watch the snow.

Nice, Ghosty as the eating direwolf prop. It was nice to have a direwolf in a scene in the background without having all the attention on the direwolf itself. It makes it more casual.

One of the better directed episodes of the series:

I liked the slow, gentle push in on White Rat, with the hand coming into frame and cutting his throat.

Mance's last scene before his burning was the first time I really felt like they captured any element of the book character.

I liked the sequence of Tyrion being brought into Pentos; the POV shots through the peep-hole.

Yohn Royce was funny: "He fights like a girl with palsy!"

The dragons looked great. And they named them!

I also liked Jon sparring with Ollie- the dialogue was straight from the book when Jon was sparring with Satin.

I don't require book nods, but they are fun to pick up on :)

All the Wall scenes were terrific. Kit is extremly good as Jon now, last season he already nailed it, and he nailed it again last episode. Stannis, Davos, Mance...terrific scenes, all of them.

Young Cersei was extraordinary. What a good actress that young lady is. You can all say what you want about this show, but the usually bad child actors are not one of the problems of this show.

I really liked Tyrion scenes.

I really liked this episode. Everything at the Wall was really good. I loved the scene between Jon and Mance and Jon and Stannis/Davos. I re-watched the Watchers on the Wall episode before watching the premiere and I love how they are really putting so much into this part of the story. I think it's my favorite part of the show now.

The Cersei flashback was great, that actress was on point. I am definitely looking forward to the Cersei/Margaery drama in King's Landing.

Great set-up of the Mereen storyline in this episode. Also, Tyrion and Varys are fun to watch.

I'm definitely very curious about what will happen with Sansa and Brienne's storylines. Those seem to be the two that will be going way off the books this year. It'll be fun to not know what is going to happen.

Unsullied going to brothels and just wanting to be held had me weeping. For once, the Meereen scenes were done very well.

I actually like show!Daario - looks like he's been merged with Strong Belwas in terms of back story, so that makes him easier to like. He's brutal, honest, but actually has a bit of depth rather than book!Daario having very questionable loyalty.

It was so frustrating to see Brienne and Pod so close to Sansa and yet not knowing! Don't like how much Sansa trusts LF though...

Cersei flashback was perfect, except for skipping the valonqar - but I'm hoping that'll come back in a later episode. Otherwise, if we have Cersei beheading dwarves, it's not really gonna make much sense (she's way to selfish to just want revenge for her dad).

I have mixed feelings about the Wall... Stannis portrayal was strange, don't like that Mance is actually dead, but Jon's storyline was done brilliantly.

Everything at the Wall was excellent. Likewise Mereen. Which makes for a pleasant surprise and gives me hope for the future on both fronts.

Daario is fast becoming my favourite character out east, which is a phrase I never thought I'd write.

Over three seasons (well, 2 seasons and 1 episode I guess), they've gone completely their own way with Mance's character, ditching most of the books. Over Season 3 that was looking like a very poor decision but they've redeemed it with the tail-end of season 4 and now his actual death following his discussion with Jon. That scene did nothing for me in the books, even before the glamour reveal when I assume they really had killed him, but on screen it was really moving (although slight nitpick: Mance should have been screaming by the end, rather than just moaning a bit. Dude was on fire, and that killed the engagement with the scene).

It feels a lot more like a real story this year rather than a few separate vignettes all pasted together, and it's made the character interactions so much more meaningful. The Wall scenes particularly benefited from this. Stannis, Jon and Melisandre are all so much more compelling this season, and their scenes were easily my favourites.

It feels a lot more like a real story this year rather than a few separate vignettes all pasted together, and it's made the character interactions so much more meaningful. The Wall scenes particularly benefited from this. Stannis, Jon and Melisandre are all so much more compelling this season, and their scenes were easily my favourites.

I agree with this. Seeing all of the interaction between characters who have never been in the same geographical area before now was extremely interesting. In fact, for the first time ever, the KL sequences were my least favorite, although I imagine that will change as the season goes on.

Archived