(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

This x 1000

Also, Elio and Linda said in one of their videos that they didn't like that the Sons of the Harpy had taken over the whole masks thing of the Brazen Beasts

I couldn't disagree more. The masks are super creepy and appropriate. Very nice change

Agreed. I don't really see why it matters which masks they wear, as long as the ones they wear do the job. And they are very creepy.

The acting for young!Cersei was just perfect. It's just a shame this might be her only scene, though.

Daario in the show was actually quite enjoyable to watch, I realized this when I didn't get any urges to want to strangle his character at all during the duration of this episode!

That white rat scene genuinely caught me off guard, even though I know an Unsullied died under similar circumstances in the books. I really enjoyed being surprised by something, this show is obviously 1000x better for non-book readers who get caught off guard like that every week.

I also liked Daario's backstory, should have put that shit in the book (or something like it). I might like the guy a lot more.

Young Cersei was fantastic, like many other have mentioned.

The Jon/Mance conversation was cool, also liked that Jon was the one that shot him. I will miss the whole Abel storyline though.

Dany's bed head made me laugh, I don't know why :)

The Jon/Mance conversation was cool, also liked that Jon was the one that shot him. I will miss the whole Abel storyline though.

I'm a bit foggy about this part but Jon shoot fMance in the books? I seem to vaguely recall a similar scene happening in the books.

I'm a bit foggy about this part but Jon shoot fMance in the books? I seem to vaguely recall a similar scene happening in the books.

I remember it as Jon giving the order and some other Brother's firing arrows at "Mance" in the books....it's been 2+ years since I read them though, so I could be wrong.

Loved both young and "old" Cercei, really good casting for the young one and really lovely smugness in Lena's performance.

Loved the wall, they cut some corners but it seemed good to me, great characters up there and a wonderful cast.

Thumbs up for Mereen and Pentos as well, gotta love how Conleth Hill delivers his lines :lol:

Didn't really care for Loras and Olyvar's scene except Margaerys bit in the end when Loras mentioned Cercei.

I agree. The BB in the books were pretty much just there. The Sons having creepy masks solidifies their identity as villains.

Agreed, I think it was a good move too.

I also liked young Cersei and I think this scene just proves that the "no flashbacks" rule that D&D arbitrarily constrained themselves with was nonsense. This show could be better if they used a lot more flashbacks.

Dany and Daario. Liked his backstory, and I think those 2 have good chemistry together. Probably my favorite scene of the episode.

Varys and Tyrion at Illyrio's manse. So hyped for Tyrion and Dany to meet! Beautiful scenery during their talk too.

The Dragons! Bravo to the SXF team. They looked amazing. Also, am I just forgetting, or is this the first time we've heard all 3 of the dragons names?

Eta: Forgot the Unsullied brothel scene. Very well done. Meereen was the highlight of the episode for me.

Agreed, I think it was a good move too.

I also liked young Cersei and I think this scene just proves that the "no flashbacks" rule that D&D arbitrarily constrained themselves with was nonsense. This show could be better if they used a lot more flashbacks.

I think the show would be fine if they used flashbacks sparingly, like two or three a season, but beyond that I wouldn't throw too much more in.

Archived