What's For Dinner v. 6

Xray the Enforcer

Making meat loaf, green bean casserole, and smashed yukon gold potatoes for dinner. Made cranberry orange scones this a.m., and iced tea squares yesterday.

I have no idea why I'm cooking so much, but I'm enjoying it. :)

Cheddar cheese and mushroom quiche with steamed Jersey Royal potatoes and side salad. Was very good, and even managed to get the pastry (homemade, before anyone asks) somewhat crisp on the base, which I usually don't manage to do.

Also made lemon and sultana scones today. Some would say they look misshapen. I say they look "rustic and homemade"

Somehow, being a mediocre cook hasn't lessened my enjoyment of cooking. It's like golfing or singing--I prefer it when it goes well, but I still enjoy it when it doesn't.

Tonight, I cooked my potatoes for too long and my Aloo Gobi became cauliflower in potato soup. And I over-salted it. So I just put it over rice and it was passable.

Last night, takeout.

Tonight,

Starter of roast figs, goats cheese and bacon.

Main, lobster stuffed chicken, roast cauliflower and noodles.

Desert, toffee soufflé.

Tomorrow, my partners family are eating with us so it's a three courser as well as the normal Saturday.

Starter, goats cheese and beetroot salad.

Main, roast rib of beef, red onion marmalade, Yorkshire pudding, new potatoes and carrots.

Desert, lemon tart with a thin layer of chocolate.

Monday.shepherds pie with Sunday leftovers.

Tonight I made my first from-scratch cake, a hot milk cake. Despite being a novice at cakes, I called an audible and added a little cinnamon to the batter. I'm glad I did because it was delicious. Topped with powdered sugar, served with whipped cream:

http://i.imgur.com/zCpf3Pr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4yvnmTQ.jpg

Really been feeling the cinnamon today, started with it in homemade cinnamon whipped cream with my coffee this morning.

I demand to know more about the coitus fajita. I don't ask a lot of this board, so I think I'm entitled on this one.

Tonight I made my first from-scratch cake, a hot milk cake. Despite being a novice at cakes, I called an audible and added a little cinnamon to the batter. I'm glad I did because it was delicious. Topped with powdered sugar, served with whipped cream:

http://i.imgur.com/zCpf3Pr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4yvnmTQ.jpg

Really been feeling the cinnamon today, started with it in homemade cinnamon whipped cream with my coffee this morning.

I add cinnamon to just about everything, Ini. I whip it up with the rest of the ingredients in French toast, I'll put it into pancakes, and lots of other things. One of my favorite ways to have it, though, is the stick cinnamon in my hot tea. It gets softened and chewable! Supposed to be healthy for you too.

ETA: Yummy looking cake!

I love cinnamon. When at work a teaspoon of it gets put in my porridge in the morning. Don't really do it at home as I use honey instead but may introduce it again. Hmm, I may add some to my coffee later today.

We're having a Greek inspired dinner to go along with a project my son is doing in school.

Souvlaki, couscous, spinach & feta pie, Greek salad pita bread and Greek butter cookies

eta: I went with individual sized pies since there are only 3 of us (and we can save some for later), and I changed the cheese in some for my son since I suspect he will not be overly fond of the feta (replaced it with pepper jack, his favorite)

eta2: This was one of the best meals I have made in a long time. (pic that I made for my son's project)

the souvlaki was the BEST!

Good week of eating this week.

Monday, shepherds pie using leftovers.

Tuesday, pasta with salmon roe.

Wednesday, salmon steaks, hollandaise, oven chips (fries) with dripping, sugar snap peas.

Thursday, mushroom risotto.

Friday, lettuce wraps with spiced beef, guacamole and creme fraiche.

Today, melon And prosciutto for starter, lobster xec xec, coriander rice and roast cauliflower with cumin for main and chocolate fondant for dessert

Love me some shepherds pie.

Made some egg rolls last night with pork, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, onion, and green pepper. They were great, but the leftovers as a sort of Asian taco are really good too. I ended up with much more eggroll stuffing than eggroll wrappers.

Sunday roast, with all of the stuff. normally not a big fan of roast in the summer, but the weather is dreadful, and pork was on special offer.

for the rest of the week i will be having some weird and wonderful combinations as we have decided to try and eat the freezer.

Archived