[Book Spoilers] Jaime in Dorn

Jaime FTW

There's still the chance they are going to kill Bronn instead...

That's what I also thought. They didn't want to create another character just to be killed of, so why not take one that is liked by many and doesn't really have a storyline otherwise.

I'm convinced it'll be Bronn that will die. My doubt is whether the'll do something similar to the books and have Areo Hotah cutting off his head, or instead they'll have him killed by the Sand Snakes (I fear this one).

My guess is that Jaime and Bronn both survive. Jaime has a big meeting with Doran at the end of the season, so he survives at least that long. And the books foreshadow that Jaime will eventually kill Cersei. So Jaime should be safe for now. Bronn is expendable, but the show keeps finding ways to streamline and add humor by giving him various henchmen duties. Especially since so many other Lannister henchmen haven't been cast or are being killed off, there isn't a particular reason to rush Bronn to an early grave. There have to be some characters around to potentially die in the inevitable next battle of Kings Landing.

Anyway, the Dornish arc starts out with the Dornish flailing around in anger, but then it resolves with everybody falling into place with Doran's patient plans. So there shouldn't be a major character death in Dorne toward the end of the season. If Bronn survives the initial encounter with the sand snakes, he should be ok.

The great thing now about the show is that you really dont know, you can speculate etc but until the Seasons over you wont know. My first instinct was Jaime never intended to come back from Dorne, that he intends to give his own life for his daughter's and thats why it "has to be" him that goes to Dorne,

Now I just cant work it out, whos worth more to the story Jaime or Bronn?

Anyone want to speculate what wife and land Jaime is supposedly offering Bronn in place of Lollys?

And oh yeah, Bronn is so dead. This show is way too character-heavy and culling also increases the dramatic tension.

It's a shame, really. I'd hoped show Bronn could get old and make babies.

I am not sure why some people are so certain it's going to be Jaime killing Cersei in the books. I hate to say to it but to me it feels like the finale is going to lead up to Jaime's arc ending around episode 9 as the Sand Snakes' plans are foiled. I hate this feeling, brand new for me as a book reader watching the show. Makes me nervous to be honest...I love it.

Did I miss something entirely here? I didn't hear Dorne mentioned once in this episode outside Loras' and Oliver's bed dialogue, so is this discussion pure speculation on what might occur in later episodes based on the book storyline or something else?

They should kill Jamie now, he has served his purpose. Still a whitecloak, and trying to please Cersei, bla bla bla. A Lannister going to Dorne. Dorne beeing the Targaryens #1 Loyalists during Roberts rebellion, 2 prinses and 1 prinses died during that war and Lannister bannermen sacked Kings Landing, and then there are The Mountain. I can see no reason Jamie should live, after the display of the anger of Oberyn in season 4. I vote kill Jamie. End the house of Lannisters, or restore Tyrion to head of the family. 1 of 2.

Jaime is such an nonexistent character in S5E1 so I am much conserned about Bronn who is just totaly not there. I don't like the screenwriters are doing with Jaime -- so maybe it would be ok to kill him off, just put him out of misery. Bronn, on the other hand, is always awsome, has no more real impact on the plot, and doesn't deserve to die in Dorne.

Archived