[Book Spoilers] Jaime in Dorn

Jaime FTW

No shit, right?

Jaime: I don't care what people think of me. I am a Kingsguard and my duty is to the King and the realm, not to my family. I don't want to get married and I don't want to go back to Casterly Rock.

*Dad dies*

Jaime: ZOMG CERSEI THEYRE COMING TO TAKE IT ALL AWAY FROM US!! EVERYTHING HE BUILT HE BUILT IT FOR US!!

Fuck off, show.

No shit, right?

Jaime: I don't care what people think of me. I am a Kingsguard and my duty is to the King and the realm, not to my family. I don't want to get married and I don't want to go back to Casterly Rock.

*Dad dies*

Jaime: ZOMG CERSEI THEYRE COMING TO TAKE IT ALL AWAY FROM US!! EVERYTHING HE BUILT HE BUILT IT FOR US!!

Fuck off, show.

so true..

D&D clearly don't give a shit about Jaime

No shit, right?

*Dad dies*

Fuck off, show.

It's like bookCersei's dream came true: they switched bodies :lol:

This portrayal of Jaime is really nothing surprising. Remember the previous season? Book Jaime was angered by Tywin giving him a sword, show Jaime was happy about the gift; book Jaime himself named the sword for Brienne, in the show Brienne named the sword for Jaime; book Jaime refused to have sex in White Tower, show Jaime happily fucked Cercei in White Tower; book Jaime parted with Tyrion on bad terms, show Jaime parted with Tyrion on good terms. So it's only consistent that now show Jaime becomes paranoid, because in the books he was level-headed and Cersei's paranoia angered him. Many Jaime's scenes are now exactly the opposite to what they were in the books. I guess you can predict show Jaime's future scenes, based on that. :dunno:

I don't think Jaime is going to die - I think his end will be tied either to Cersei or to Brienne (or both).

Bronn - well, I like him - but I don't care for him (although he is the type of character who survives till the end).

Personally, I ask myself whether we will see Myrcella die during this season.

There is the very first scene on Maggy's vision for Cersei and its totally just about her kids dying in the end - thus: at least

one, if not even two of Cersei's offspings have to go this season. And since Jaime set off so bravely to rescue his daughter

(but I don't think he cares for his children that much, he just wants to set things right with Cersei),

I guess that it is Myrcella's turn to snuff it - probably as soon as Jamie gets close to her, so he can fail once again.

So: Not Jaime, not Bronn, but Myrcella is gonna die - soon.

YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!! I bet that's what actually happened between seasons :D

Wait - so who's gonna do the walk of shame? Not sure I'll want to tune in for that after all....

Wait - so who's gonna do the walk of shame? Not sure I'll want to tune in for that after all....

I would 100% pay good money to see NCW do the walk of shame (sort of the bath scene redux?). Oops did I say that out loud? ;)

Whereas my guess is that they are advancing and amalgamating Sansa's storyline on the show, I think Jaime's sojourn in Dorne amounts to nothing more than a holding tactic until things are in place so they can proceed to the latter half of his storyline in The Winds of Winter. Not surprisingly, I am much less enthused about the change to Jaime's story than Sansa's.

Archived