The show messed up the Maggy the Frog Scene

Drakath

I wish I could easily dismiss terrible writing. That must be an awesome trait to have as a TV watcher. I'm not even being sarcastic, either. I could enjoy so many more things if I just allowed myself to not remember things or not care about the characters I was watching.

Considering AFFC (where Maggy first appears), was released in 2005, and I seem to remember D&D approached GRRM/HBO before that, when there were only three books released, chances are the first two episodes of the show were also written before that.

And if they were already in full production for the pilot, then going almost right into the series production, I don't know how much time they got to read and absorb to the Maggy Meta Level of The Time Tunnel To The Past Reverse Butterfly Effect that ASOS would have on season 1.

I don't know. I know I didn't pick up a lot of details my first time read through, and it certainly never bugged me when I watched season 1.

As to fixing it? How loud do you think the purists would scream if they changed the wording of Maggy's curse?

Considering AFFC (where Maggy first appears), was released in 2005, and I seem to remember D&D approached GRRM/HBO before that, when there were only three books released, chances are the first two episodes of the show were also written before that.

And if they were already in full production for the pilot, then going almost right into the series production, I don't know how much time they got to read and absorb to the Maggy Meta Level of The Time Tunnel To The Past Reverse Butterfly Effect that ASOS would have on season 1.

I don't know. I know I didn't pick up a lot of details my first time read through, and it certainly never bugged me when I watched season 1.

As to fixing it? How loud do you think the purists would scream if they changed the wording of Maggy's curse?

LOL, changing the wording of the curse would be a lot better than having a glaring plot inconsistency like an extra baby unaccounted for. But, really, if they hadn't felt the need to "humanize" Cersei way back when and throw in that stupid scene where she talks about the non existent baby then there would have been no butterfly effect.

LOL, changing the wording of the curse would be a lot better than having a glaring plot inconsistency like an extra baby unaccounted for. But, really, if they hadn't felt the need to "humanize" Cersei way back when and throw in that stupid scene where she talks about the non existent baby then there would have been no butterfly effect.

okay, fair enough. What do they change it to?

"You will have four children. The first will die in infancy. The other three will have golden crowns and golden shrouds."

:dunno: Doesn't have the same ring somehow.

Shame they don't have a time machine to go back and change season 1.

okay, fair enough. What do they change it to?

"You will have four children. The first will die in infancy. The other three will have golden crowns and golden shrouds."

:dunno: Doesn't have the same ring somehow.

Shame they don't have a time machine to go back and change season 1.

"Will the King and I have children?"

"Yes, you will... and he will be the lucky one. The King will then have 20 and you will have 3... golden yadayada...".

I can tell you don't curse and scare little girls very often... ^_^

"Will the King and I have children?"

"Yes, you will... and he will be the lucky one. The King will then have 20 and you will have 3... golden yadayada...".

I can tell you don't curse and scare little girls very often... ^_^

Which is basically what they did, and I'm fine with.

But that doesn't fill the plot hole of their missing "black haired beauty" that died (from season 1.) That's what I was referring to, and others are having a problem with. That makes four kids Cersei has, not three.

Yep, changing the wording of the prophecy to account for their completely unnecessary change back in season 1 would have been fine. But instead we got a completely unnecessary change that was then forgotten causing even more incoherence of the story line now.

The missing black haired kid was so stupid!

Fortune tellers and psychics are always, and I mean always 100% correct. It is known.

Well, if you are presenting the fortune telling as a life altering event that the person is still obsessing over, it would stand to reason that it wouldn't have already proven to have been inaccurate in one of it's most specific predictions of 3/20 children, that sort of undercuts the reasons why a person would take it seriously.

Archived