The show messed up the Maggy the Frog Scene

Drakath

Maybe they will do it in more than one part, but I would argue, this is a waste of precious screen time, because much as some people didn't like it in the books and thought it was over kill, a prophecy is not necessary to set the stage for why Cersei hates her brother, is a power hungry maniac or is jealous of any other woman who might become more powerful than she is, we've seen it for 4 seasons, devoting screen time to the back story is a waste of time better spent on more important parts of the story.

There is plenty of groundwork already laid for Lena to go crazy this season.

They messed up by having Maggy in the first place. Even non-readers are like, "cool, cool, but what was the point of that flashback again?"

Well, yes, without any followup, the Maggy sequence would be stupid. But, if I remember correctly, it also took some time since the prologue of S1 to the second time the Others made an appearance.

But it's not. The books clearly makes clear that it's Tyrion. Also, they explain that "little brother" means the younguest one.

Huh? Citation needed. In the books, Cersei thinks it's Tyrion. That much is clear, but also in the book Cersei makes a damn good effort to be wrong about most everything. And I believe that "little brother" is everything we know about what valonqar means. If there's something more, by all means, do share.

Huh? Citation needed. In the books, Cersei thinks it's Tyrion. That much is clear, but also in the book Cersei makes a damn good effort to be wrong about most everything. And I believe that "little brother" is everything we know about what valonqar means. If there's something more, by all means, do share.

Yeah, I corrected my post because I realized that: "the valonqar doesn't have to be Cercei's little brother, but "a" little brother. And so it can be a large amount of people."

If Jaime is the volanqar this is not going to happen in the show, I imagine. Nothing suggests an estrangement between these two.

One episode in is way too early to tell.

D&D could easily be assuming that if it didn't happen this season, the viewers won't remember it, and therefore have pushed the reset button on the Jamie/Cersei relationship just so they can show it deteriorating again.

Maybe they will do it in more than one part, but I would argue, this is a waste of precious screen time, because much as some people didn't like it in the books and thought it was over kill, a prophecy is not necessary to set the stage for why Cersei hates her brother, is a power hungry maniac or is jealous of any other woman who might become more powerful than she is, we've seen it for 4 seasons, devoting screen time to the back story is a waste of time better spent on more important parts of the story.

Well, there is one reason to include the prophecy. That's to prepare the ground for another one in the coming seasons.

If either Myrcella or Tommen dies this season, we'll have an indication that prophecies do check out in this universum.

It has been a while for my book read, so I may have this ALL wrong, but with the wording? Could "The valonqar" refer to the "little brother/sister " of the prince that was in the prophecy. That would make Dani the YMBQ will be the one who will take all her power by then? Right?

The most important part of the prophecy (SO FAR) is YMBQ - Marg, Dany or Sansa?

No I definitely think it's an interesting little sub plot as to what exactly happened to that boy. If memory serves me well, Lena Headey herself said she believes Cersei was...embellishing the story to Catelyn. Several episodes later, Cersei refers to the kid rather flippantly to Robert.

Cersei killing her own son would definitely shut up those people who say show!cersei is too nice lol.

I thought it was a good scene that served its purpose

To tell us about the young Queen who is coming take everything away from her and to tell us that Cersei kids could be in great danger. This is the main focus of her storyline this season and that is the part of the prophecy they kept.

The other part about the valonqar isn't relevant at this point and it probably won't be until the final season

P.S. I actually like how they portrayed Maggy in this.

The idea that people who have never seen Maggy thinks that she looks like this old woman with squat and warty, with crusty yellow eyes, no teeth, and pale green jowls like she does in the books

only to be shocked to find out that she that she doesn't look that way at all lol

i thought it would've been better if it showed Melara's stuff as well.

Because at the start Cersei says "you don't need to be afraid of my father" which made me think they were foreshadowing her pushing Melara down the well.

Other than that i thought this was easily my favourite scene of the episode. Dare i say young Cersei was better than adult Cersei?

Yes the show suffers from discontinuity at times, got used to that long time ago. I don't think it ruined the scene though.

I think there's another half of the scene coming. She's going to be daydreaming again and we'll hear about the Valonquar and see Melara die, because remember Maggy tells her she gets 3 questions but the scene cuts out after question 2.

I think there's another half of the scene coming. She's going to be daydreaming again and we'll hear about the Valonquar and see Melara die, because remember Maggy tells her she gets 3 questions but the scene cuts out after question 2.

Am I crazy? I thought I heard 3 questions. Will she marry the prince? Will she be queen? How many children?

I doubt they will revist flashback for the Valonquar bit.

D & D never look past the season they are working on. If it has not happened yet in the book, then they don't want to committ to anything.

We all read the book and are waiting for it. They could have said it for most TV only viewers would have been valonquar wtf?

Archived